Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front day pushed back one day, back date pushed back 4 days: July 26-Aug 14. The saga continues - Day 72 and 4 days without a vehicle of my own.
EDD pushed out another week! Tesla has the worst delivery estimation process. To think 🤔 when I ordered, I had already purchased 5 new cars in the past and was looking forward to ordering a custom built car. In fact sort of thought it was going to be a more luxurious experience. Ha... boy was I wrong

Reactions: Vanessafromcal
I’m starting to get really frustrated. EDD was 7/25 to 8/12 as of yesterday and had been pushing back +1 for the last week, leading up to today. Needless to say, I was becoming optimistic that I’d receive my car soon as I deciphered the +1 as them fine tuning delivered windows. Woke up today to 8/4 to 8/24 😑. This is getting so old.

Called the Rocklin store, where I will be picking up, and the dude on the phone sounded annoyed and said “blah blah blah chip shortage…hopefully soon, blah blah, I only have access to the same info you do (BS), blah blah blah, hopefully this is the last delay.”

This process has been beyond annoying. Ordered base MYLR on 5/16 and completed same day.

I’m starting to get really frustrated. EDD was 7/25 to 8/12 as of yesterday and had been pushing back +1 for the last week, leading up to today. Needless to say, I was becoming optimistic that I’d receive my car soon as I deciphered the +1 as them fine tuning delivered windows. Woke up today to 8/4 to 8/24 😑. This is getting so old.

Called the Rocklin store, where I will be picking up, and the dude on the phone sounded annoyed and said “blah blah blah chip shortage…hopefully soon, blah blah, I only have access to the same info you do (BS), blah blah blah, hopefully this is the last delay.”

This process has been beyond annoying. Ordered base MYLR on 5/16 and completed same day.
We ordered same config, same date and same location as you. Our Edd is 7/30-8/19 but it’s been early August the last week. Just got bumped today

Seems most people slid back today. Maybe we can make a recovery by Monday. 🤷‍♂️

That's what it looks like, at least on my LR. My LR EDD slid back a week from now Aug 29 - Sep 18 (it was Aug 14 - Sep 3 for the past couple of days).

My Perf order is still holding steady at the same at Aug 16 - Sep 5 EDD.

On a side note and me just speculating, I think there will be people who take deliveries of their LR next weekend (around 7/30 ~ 8/1) and possibly during the first week of August. Those will most likely be a lot of May orders who are still waiting, and possibly some Perf orders that were placed in May-July. However, the next "batch" of LR's after that may not be available to us CA folks until around Labor Day weekend, or at least early/mid Sept. Again, that's just me speculating from what I've been seeing in the past 6 months, so take that with a grain of salt.. Hopefully we'll know more in the next 1-2 weeks if/when we start to see Tesla making deliveries.

7/11 order/profile completion on LR bare bones white/black. When I ordered date was already showing October for new orders. But next day indicated 9/18-9/30. Since then been hovering between 9/15 and 9/20 though 9/30 (I.e. only front date moves). Hoping It’ll hold and will come in with the fiscal year end of qtr rush to deliver as many as possible. I know they can get them to OC quick my Model 3 was born on 6/2 per SA and I got a text on 6/3 and picked it up on 6/5 back in 2019. Granted things seem to be “different” now with so many waiting a really long time.

Just wish I could get by without my Model 3 and take advantage of current used car prices. Back at the end of May when I first started considering an upgrade to a Y, Tesla was offering $27K (2019 SR+ with 20K miles). At that same time Carvana was at $35,600 and Vroom $38,000. Last week Tesla was up to $29,500. Today? $32K. Not sure if Tesla is starting to give better trade-ins or just a reflection of crazy used car market. KBB for “good” condition is now up to $39,200 which I find absurd, but hey who am I to say no?? Just hope the values remain close to that by mid Sept. and my EDD holds steady.

Reactions: JustYNot
well hopefully we’ll both get our cars soon! it seems like there are less MYP orders than MYLR so our wait shouldn’t be as bad.

also, my EDD today is 7/25-8/6, so my end date moved up by one week! hope that’s a good sign!
Mine moved today, it's now August 15 - September 04 when for the last few days it was end of July - August 7th. I called a Tesla showroom and tried to get an SA to look but they just said exactly what was showing in my account and couldn't give me specifics until a VIN number's been assigned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Limchori

Same thing happened to me. My EDD got pushed back to Aug 04 - 19. I ordered 05/16 also.