Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this car in Dublin? That VIN looks really familiar and I feel it is the car that I test drove a week or so ago
It could have been. Although my local SC is Rocklin we did the test drive in Dublin back in May. Maybe my SA thought he was doing me a favor trying to match to the VIN. 🤷‍♂️

SA knows I’m not in a rush though and already passed on an inventory car he previously found (different color, scratch on the door, and $4K more).

Last edited:
She said I can’t come see it but can reject the car once they drop it off. So there’s that.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, @balex95 . I know how you’re feeling, I was super excited too when I first received the VIN last Thursday. After waiting two full days for Dublin SA to unmatch that VIN and not seeing any action, I simply went down to the Rocklin SC and talked to the staff in person. They told me the car is right out front and to take a look to be sure I really wanted to unmatch the VIN. Funny thing is, after I was done looking it over, another prospective buyer got into the car to check it out, as if it was a demo vehicle, lol. I didn’t bother stopping him since I passed on the car. Tesla employees didn’t seem to mind either. 🙄

Reactions: JustYNot
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, @balex95 . I know how you’re feeling, I was super excited too when I first received the VIN last Thursday. After waiting two full days for Dublin SA to unmatch that VIN and not seeing any action, I simply went down to the Rocklin SC and talked to the staff in person. They told me the car is right out front and to take a look to be sure I really wanted to unmatch the VIN. Funny thing is, after I was done looking it over, another prospective buyer got into the car to check it out, as if it was a demo vehicle, lol. I didn’t bother stopping him since I passed on the car. Tesla employees didn’t seem to mind either. 🙄
My SA told me they wouldn’t sell me the car with those issues (not sure if I believe) but if they’re fixed, I’ll take the car. She also said I couldn’t see the car before it was delivered and it was in some holding area awaiting inspection. I don’t personally mind about the HEPA thing.

Reactions: jpy1980
Buena Park dealer was filled with model y’s. I asked if any are for sale and they said nope. I counted over 8 that were dealer plated cars. Mind boggling. So took one for about a two hour test drive.
That’s more than what they had over 4th of July weekend. They had only 1 of each model and about 15 people waiting to test drive.

May 13 Order....​

+1 on front end back end remains the same.​

Estimated Delivery: July 29 - August 11​

Mine is the same. I HIGHLY doubt that we’ll see these cars in the next two weeks though. You have to remember California’s get absolute LAST priority. We typically get our vehicles end of quarter, and if Tesla misses that we get pushed to the end of the following quarter. There are still people who ordered in April who don’t have a vin. You also have to remember that Tesla as a company does not care how long they make you wait. If there is on order that comes in 7/1/21 that can be filled on the east coast, they are going to fill that order before they fill ours.

I have Tesla solar panels and dealing with this company is an absolute nightmare, they probably have worse customer service than any other company I have ever dealt with ever. And you, the consumer, are entirely disposable. They have a very “yeah well if you don’t like it then leave, someone else is right behind you” attitude. This has been by far the worst purchasing experience of anything I have ever bought ever. Which sadly is directly in line with their solar division as well.