Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car carrier (GRAND RACE) docked at San Francisco Pier 80 is still loading tons of new MY/M3 from Fremont factory. Until the ship departs tonight at 6pm (according to SF port schedule), I guess we won't any new VIN number for domestic orders.

Below is the link to the real time marine traffic tracker for GRAND RACE:

Reactions: Wheresmyvin
My info has been updated as follows for the last four days.

SATURDAY 7/26-8/10
SUNDAY 7/27-8/15
MONDAY 7/28-8/15
TODAY 7/29-8/16

LR White | White | 19' | 5 Seat | No Tow | Autopilot
Ordered 5/12/21 | Completed 5/12/21
Delivery location: Costa Mesa
That's my config completed 5/31. I'm not even going to start worrying about my EDD until yours stops moving and you get your VIN. I was stuck at 9/13-9/30 for a few weeks and now 9/14-9/30 for a few more. I'm almost okay with that since it's not changing and the date is actually... believable.

waiting on my MYP, EDD has been showing this for the past few days:

07/24: 07/25-08/06
07/25: 07/26-08/06
07/26: 07/27-08/06
07/27 (today): 07/28-08/07

I saw a few others with MYP orders get their VINs today so I'm trying to keep my hopes up! my trade-in offer expires on 08/07, does anyone know if I can get another trade-in offer after that without setting myself back in the queue?

The car carrier (GRAND RACE) docked at San Francisco Pier 80 is still loading tons of new MY/M3 from Fremont factory. Until the ship departs tonight at 6pm (according to SF port schedule), I guess we won't any new VIN number for domestic orders.

Below is the link to the real time marine traffic tracker for GRAND RACE:

That being said, I expect we will start seeing many new VIN numbers tomorrow!

waiting on my MYP, EDD has been showing this for the past few days:

07/24: 07/25-08/06
07/25: 07/26-08/06
07/26: 07/27-08/06
07/27 (today): 07/28-08/07

I saw a few others with MYP orders get their VINs today so I'm trying to keep my hopes up! my trade-in offer expires on 08/07, does anyone know if I can get another trade-in offer after that without setting myself back in the queue?
Do NOT reapply for trade-in until you get the VIN! Then you can do the trade-in quote. That's what I'm planning to do and my SA advised me to wait until I get the vin before I get kicked back

Reactions: onyxbanx
Mine is the same. I HIGHLY doubt that we’ll see these cars in the next two weeks though. You have to remember California’s get absolute LAST priority. We typically get our vehicles end of quarter, and if Tesla misses that we get pushed to the end of the following quarter. There are still people who ordered in April who don’t have a vin. You also have to remember that Tesla as a company does not care how long they make you wait. If there is on order that comes in 7/1/21 that can be filled on the east coast, they are going to fill that order before they fill ours.

I have Tesla solar panels and dealing with this company is an absolute nightmare, they probably have worse customer service than any other company I have ever dealt with ever. And you, the consumer, are entirely disposable. They have a very “yeah well if you don’t like it then leave, someone else is right behind you” attitude. This has been by far the worst purchasing experience of anything I have ever bought ever. Which sadly is directly in line with their solar division as well.
That sucks I really wanted to get solar from them. It’s sad they have an attitude like that. They should appreciate any and all business coming to them.

jumping in since i read another thread about the 7 seater builds getting delayed.

Ordered 5/29 MYLR White/Black, 20in. 7 seats, No Tow, No FSD. Current EDD Sept 12-30.

SA has been pretty responsive but i don't bother him much. Told me he sees that i should be taking delivery by end of august (Buena Park). who knows at this point. Had EDD's as early as july 21st.

The car carrier (GRAND RACE) docked at San Francisco Pier 80 is still loading tons of new MY/M3 from Fremont factory. Until the ship departs tonight at 6pm (according to SF port schedule), I guess we won't see many new VIN numbers for domestic orders. That being said, I expect we will start seeing more new VIN numbers tomorrow!

Reactions: LSJR and JustYNot
The car carrier (GRAND RACE) docked at San Francisco Pier 80 is still loading tons of new MY/M3 from Fremont factory. Until the ship departs tonight at 6pm (according to SF port schedule), I guess we won't see many new VIN numbers for domestic orders. That being said, I expect we will start seeing more new VIN numbers tomorrow!
I saw a few people with MYP orders from late June get VINs today on the MYP Delivery thread, in states all over (Texas, east coast, socal). not sure if anyone with an MYLR order got a VIN today, but it seems that MYP orders have been getting VINs today at least!

Reactions: LSJR
I hope so. I never thought 4-6 weeks would turn into 4-6 months.

Reactions: LSJR and JustYNot
So. It's only been a week since placing my order. A week of reading forum posts. And a week of never getting any replies from my SA for additional information. A week of no one in the sales office picking up the phone, ever. A week of eye-opening reality of what I've gotten into. And after only a week I'm honestly not certain I have the tolerance or patience for this level of uncertainty, ghosting, and shrugged shoulders. Learning that I have to please "the algorithm" was the first red flag. And a week of many red flags.

I think I've made a mistake.