Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my EDD went from 8/31-9/20 yesterday to October today.
The EDD keeps getting pushed back day by day.
7/24 : 7/26-8/14
7/25 : 7/27-8/14
7/26 : 7/28-8/15
7/27 : 7/29-8/14
7/28 : 7/30-8/17
7/29 : 7/31-8/19
7/30 : 8/1-8/18
7/31 : 8/2-8/17
8/1 : 8/3-8/19
8/2 : 8/4-8/18

Anyway my friend who ordered 5/9 at same location, he got the vin # last SATURDAY, and will be delivered tomorrow.
I hope to receive the vin # soon too.
You and I have the same spec, I just ordered two days after you in Los Angeles. My estimated delivery dates are the same as well, good luck! Let’s hope that these vins come through this week, pray…

The EDD keeps getting pushed back day by day.
7/24 : 7/26-8/14
7/25 : 7/27-8/14
7/26 : 7/28-8/15
7/27 : 7/29-8/14
7/28 : 7/30-8/17
7/29 : 7/31-8/19
7/30 : 8/1-8/18
7/31 : 8/2-8/17
8/1 : 8/3-8/19
8/2 : 8/4-8/18

Anyway my friend who ordered 5/9 at same location, he got the vin # last SATURDAY, and will be delivered tomorrow.
I hope to receive the vin # soon too.
Same here - another day, another delay!

May 28 order date here. Like you, this morning my EDD showed "October" for the first time as well. Seems from reading through this thread and the west coast waiting room... this I just a temporary placeholder and ppl have been getting their deliveries earlier. Hope it holds true for us May orders and we get ours this month. 🙏
I can't even get into my account right now. I keep clicking on "manage" and it just keeps taking me to the same dashboard page. I hope that is a good sign and they are fixing an error or something.

Reactions: Dnv15
An update for those with Fremont deliveries, at least. Got my VIN assigned two days ago and talked to an SA today asking “dude, where’s my car?” and he claims it’s “leaving the factory”. I got the impression, from stories here, you could get assigned a VIN before or as a car is being built (guess that’s me)…but also seems like folks may be assigned VINs when they hit the delivery center (non-Fremont only?). 🤷‍♂️

For now, I’m in a holding pattern for a day or two, hoping I get a text from the delivery center. I also asked if they were doing all home deliveries or not…his best guess is they are doing both and it all depends on staffing. So, it’ll be fun to see what actually happens.

Good luck to all those still waiting for a VIN. It will happen eventually, just remember that the EDD is typically useless (mine bounced to September and October multiple times). 😜

Reactions: LSJR
An update for those with Fremont deliveries, at least. Got my VIN assigned two days ago and talked to an SA today asking “dude, where’s my car?” and he claims it’s “leaving the factory”. I got the impression, from stories here, you could get assigned a VIN before or as a car is being built (guess that’s me)…but also seems like folks may be assigned VINs when they hit the delivery center (non-Fremont only?). 🤷‍♂️

For now, I’m in a holding pattern for a day or two, hoping I get a text from the delivery center. I also asked if they were doing all home deliveries or not…his best guess is they are doing both and it all depends on staffing. So, it’ll be fun to see what actually happens.

Good luck to all those still waiting for a VIN. It will happen eventually, just remember that the EDD is typically useless (mine bounced to September and October multiple times). 😜
Yeah I got my VIN assigned on Jul 25th and on 29th my SA said car hasn't been built yet and should finish in 1st week of August...and that VIN might change again lol