Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question regarding delivery - I ordered an inventory car and filled out delivery details. I also have an existing order of model Y LR. I should keep the old order until I accept the delivery, right?

I'm thinking if I don't like the inventory car during pickup, I can reject the delivery and keep waiting for my order...? What would I lose in this case? Just a $100 for ordering the inventory car?

Reactions: MGsurf and tsam23
Edd +1 on both front and back this morning. Currently 8/5-8/18 on May 11 order. Has moved +1 everyday for about the last 2 weeks. Always staying 2 days from the present day. At 84 days since order completion and my patience is wearing thin seeing June/July orders being filled.

Edd +1 on both front and back this morning. Currently 8/5-8/18 on May 11 order. Has moved +1 everyday for about the last 2 weeks. Always staying 2 days from the present day. At 84 days since order completion and my patience is wearing thin seeing June/July orders being filled.
Same ordered 5/9 was at 8/4- 8/19 yesterday..
Today says October again.

Same - but 8/5 - 8/19 - we continue to track each other closely. At least we didn’t get the dreaded “October” yesterday (knock on wood).

If only I could afford the extra $6k to get the performance. I’d still sell the Uber wheels and get the Gemini as I think they look better but that’s a lot of coin.

My EDD is still missing going on day 2.
He had MYP and FSD as well as a couple more upgrades - so and 80+k spec. That’s likely why someone in LA got there late july order while the rest of us are twiddling our thumbs

Quick question regarding delivery - I ordered an inventory car and filled out delivery details. I also have an existing order of model Y LR. I should keep the old order until I accept the delivery, right?

I'm thinking if I don't like the inventory car during pickup, I can reject the delivery and keep waiting for my order...? What would I lose in this case? Just a $100 for ordering the inventory car?
I would - that’s what we did. Our inventory car needed to go to the service center and just in case something goes wrong, I didn’t want to lose our reservation. Whichever one we cancel will be out the $100

It blows my mind how many cars are in “inventory” when people are waiting for cars around the country - can anyone explain this to me?
I think these would be cars rejected by whomever ordered it due to inability to get financing, changed their mind, or the car that was delivered had some issues beyond what the original buyer was willing to accept.

I don't think we'll be intentionally getting cars from Shanghai win TX Giga is about to spin up their first test Y next week. They are planning production in a month, which should help all of us with end of September and now October deliveries. I'm guess in CA we will still be getting Freemont cars and the East Coast will be getting TX cars. Or are the moving all Y production to TX?

Reactions: lchen6