Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha - I just sold my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro YESTERDAY. All sites offered me considerably more than Tesla, but all the sites were only offering just about MSRP when I knew the market was crazy. Sold it for $53k private party. Iā€™ll also miss my truck, but damn it feels good to be going electric coming from something that was getting like 13MPG.
I had a PRO too! Got $48k for it with 32k miles. Sites purchasing cars offered $38k. What a joke! Since I was purchasing solar for my home I went ahead and looked into getting an EV. I increased the size of my solar to ensure that I would be able to support an EV at least 15,000 miles per year. It made sense to pull the trigger on both simultaneously.

Reactions: kmconnor4
I agree that EDD is meaningless. But my present EDD of "December" looks like they aren't even bothering to run the EDD random number generator for my order. I feel left out šŸ˜¢

My screen literally says:

Estimated delivery: December​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.​

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
Why run an EDD calc when they litterally have no idea - Iā€™ve had everything from June to October, disappear, reappear, dates just a few days out and everything in between. December is honestly a good guess for almost any model Y right now because - wouldnā€™t surprise me if Iā€™m still waiting for my 3 month old order for another 3 months. This process makes you realize that no one has a clue when your car is coming

Reactions: Progolfer82
I don't know why Tesla even bothers with an EDD at this point. Just say the order is being processed an dwaiting for production. Once your car is in production and you have a VIN, update with that information. Still doesn't need an EDD until the vehicle is physically on the way to you. It would solve a lot of this anxiety. Sure you wouldn't know, but being honest about not knowing is better than thinking your car is coming but it really isn't.

I don't know why Tesla even bothers with an EDD at this point. Just say the order is being processed and waiting for production. Once your car is in production and you have a VIN, update with that information. Still doesn't need an EDD until the vehicle is physically on the way to you. It would solve a lot of this anxiety. Sure you wouldn't know, but being honest about not knowing is better than thinking your car is coming but it really isn't.
I need to know when to line-up financing. Since I have PenFed and will be getting a PreApproval Draft, it has a 90-day window. But since I am near Fremont things could happen rapidly once the car pops out. But I need several days of lead-time to set up (unfreeze credit, get PenFed, receive blank check in mail, etc.).

After waiting 5 months, I don't want Tesla to say, "if you don't pick up your car tomorrow at 3pm, we'll give it to the next person". At least if the factory would say, "we've started production of your car" on the first build day that will be sufficient for me and give me enough time to line-up everything else. Otherwise, yes indeed, I'm in chill mode. :cool:

Reactions: TiggerOC
My EDD this morning was October. I called the Pasadena, CA location and spoke with a SA. I asked if there were any existing inventory and he said there was one that had all of my same specs in Arizona but it was $500 to transport it over. I called my wife and then I called back and secured it. Now I have a VIN. 240XXX.
  • Delivery date: August 04 - August 10
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • August 08 - August 12
    • August 08 - August 11
    • October
    • August 31 - September 20
    • August 03 - August 23
    • July 24 - August 09
    • July 23 - August 09
    • July 22 - August 09
    • July 21 - August 09
    • July 20 - August 09
    • July 19 - August 08
    • August 23 - September 12
    • August 24 - September 13
    • August 16 - September 05

Anyone in SoCal awaiting delivery confirmation after receiving VIN? I have pickup setup in Buena Park..

I was chatting with a SA today. He made it sound like once a VIN is issued or car is fully built, he can GPS track its location.

• Delivery date: August 04 - August 10
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • August 08 - August 12
    • August 08 - August 11
    • October
    • August 03 - August 23
    • July 24 - August 09
    • July 23 - August 09
    • July 22 - August 09
    • July 21 - August 09
    • July 20 - August 09
    • July 19 - August 08
    • August 24 - September 13
    • August 16 - September 05

I was chatting with a SA today. He made it sound like once a VIN is issued or car is fully built, he can GPS track its location.
Hmm interesting, I am planning to give another call today, SA from yesterday couldn't say for sure if it was built or not.

For those who ordered in May, we're saving $1,500 from the recent price increases ( $500 & $1000). I also noticed we're the ones who keep getting pushed out more and more, and now mine just says Oct when I ordered May 6th. I've noticed many people get their vins who paid the $500 increase, and I'm wondering if Tesla is hoping we give up, and our cars go to newer buyers who ordered with the $1,500 price increase? IDK anymore (conspiracy theories haha...I have a few though), it's just super frustrating with a family of 4 only have ONE car for the last 2.5 months.
It actually has gone up 3 times since my May 28 order. $500, $500 again, then $1,000.... so we're actually saving $2k relative to today's price.

Talked to an SA, she was lovely to talk to and informed my car is being built and should receive a call in a few days to schedule delivery.. the build process takes about 72 hours and 1 1/2 days from the truck to the location.. gave me more detail than previous SA and again taking all this with a grain a salt.. she mentioned should get a call before next week so we will see.

Talked to an SA, she was lovely to talk to and informed my car is being built and should receive a call in a few days to schedule delivery.. the build process takes about 72 hours and 1 1/2 days from the truck to the location.. gave me more detail than previous SA and again taking all this with a grain a salt.. she mentioned should get a call before next week so we will see.
Wow! Congrats, that's some fast progress for a 7/4 non-P order!

Reactions: LSJR and AlB3
For those who ordered in May, we're saving $1,500 from the recent price increases ( $500 & $1000). I also noticed we're the ones who keep getting pushed out more and more, and now mine just says Oct when I ordered May 6th. I've noticed many people get their vins who paid the $500 increase, and I'm wondering if Tesla is hoping we give up, and our cars go to newer buyers who ordered with the $1,500 price increase? IDK anymore (conspiracy theories haha...I have a few though), it's just super frustrating with a family of 4 only have ONE car for the last 2.5 months.

Is that why I still don't have my Feb order, because I'm saving $5000 from my $48,990 purchase price? Hah. I wouldn't put it passed Tesla as they're all about earnings & profits rather than quality control & customer service, but we'll see what happens. Right now my EDD is currently showing Sept 9 - Sept 29 on my LR.

The Perf that I ordered 3 weeks ago shows an EDD of 8/9 - 8/29.... hence my statement about Tesla only caring about earnings & profits :rolleyes: :p

What 4 weeks since you ordered and you have a VIN ?!?! Does not make sense. Are you getting a performance model?

Reactions: Sophos