Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a white LR MY with black interior, no FSD or other extras on May 31st. with a trade-in. Had an original EDD of 7/24-8/11. After 30 days was told trade-in offer expired and resubmit. I sent in for a new trade-in offer and got bounced to September EDD. I now have EDD of 9/18-9/30 and still no VIN.
Yeesh! After all the stories of accounts getting flagged or over-noted by SA's if we call too many times I'm like, "Yup, never ever calling over there, ever!!!" I want zero excuses for getting bumped!

Thank you~ I called tesla buena park after got the vin, it will be delivered my home(just 5min away from tesla center).
If your home is more than 15 miles from your Tesla, you will have to pick up.
My MY Is at factory now, it will be arrived on 08/10 at buena park. If there are no problems when they inspect it, it will be delivered straight to my house.
They gave you date? I tried calling them a few times today and no answer.. I would assume our cars would come on the same truck hopefully!

I got a call from a random SA at the Brea Tesla store this afternoon. I didn't have my phone on me so he left a voicemail. He was following up on a visit that my friend and I had at the store last weekend approx 6 days ago. Not sure why they decided to follow up a week later, but whatever. I posted about his experience about getting bumped further down the queue by changing his payment option from Tesla financing to cash. Anyways, the SA said he would like for me to come in a test drive a car and have me put in an order for a Model Y today. I guess he didn't realize I already have 2 other Model Y orders pending.

What's interesting was what he said, that Tesla had recently raised their price $1000 on July 22 and will be doing another price increase in the near future. Don't know if that's true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another price increase. He also said if I can get my order in right now then I can take delivery of a Model Y in December, but if I put in an order next week it won't show up until 2022. Again, not sure how accurate that is and it's probably just a sales tactic to get me to come in and place an order, but just passing along the info on what he said.

Of course when I saw the missed call from Tesla Brea, I immediately checked my account to see if a VIN had appeared.... Nope! My EDD's were still the same from this morning showing an EDD later this month (for the Perf), and an EDD for later next month (for the LR).

Reactions: MGsurf

I believe Tesla is fixing the issues before delivering to @balex95. Didn’t mean to call you out, balex, but I also didn’t want to talk about this VIN as if you didn’t exist/frequent this forum. I think balex still has an active order though in case they’re matched with a newer VIN before repairs are completed — smart move.
You can call me out! Haha. We did wait just in case but glad everything came back good.

Reactions: tsam23
those California deliveries, did they put the license plate on the car upon delivery? Trying to avoid any 3M stick on license plate holder. Actually looking for options like the quick bandit or snap plate but not trying to drop 150 for a holder.
took delivery today. They do NOT install the *front* license plate. Bracket was in the trunk and looks like it comes with some sticky stuff and screws. I didn’t really pay attention and just tossed it aside since I have zero plans to use it!

took delivery today. They do NOT install the *front* license plate. Bracket was in the trunk and looks like it comes with some sticky stuff and screws. I didn’t really pay attention and just tossed it aside since I have zero plans to use it!
I got pulled over on the 405 freeway once for not having a front license plate, huge pain in the ass fixit ticket - only cost $25 but took 3-4 hours of doing stuff at the court house and having an officer sign off etc… just to avoid that hassle I will likely get one in the front

Reactions: Tes60 and jpy1980
I got pulled over on the 405 freeway once for not having a front license plate, huge pain in the ass fixit ticket - only cost $25 but took 3-4 hours of doing stuff at the court house and having an officer sign off etc… just to avoid that hassle I will likely get one in the front

Exactly. I have the front plate on and it looks fantastic. I've gotten a ticket for the same thing, huge pain in the ass that is easily avoidable.

The front plate holder does not screw into the car. There is 3M tape that attaches it to the front bumper. The screws then screw into the license plate frame holder, not the car itself.

Sorry for getting OT.

I got a call from a random SA at the Brea Tesla store this afternoon. I didn't have my phone on me so he left a voicemail. He was following up on a visit that my friend and I had at the store last weekend approx 6 days ago. Not sure why they decided to follow up a week later, but whatever. I posted about his experience about getting bumped further down the queue by changing his payment option from Tesla financing to cash. Anyways, the SA said he would like for me to come in a test drive a car and have me put in an order for a Model Y today. I guess he didn't realize I already have 2 other Model Y orders pending.

What's interesting was what he said, that Tesla had recently raised their price $1000 on July 22 and will be doing another price increase in the near future. Don't know if that's true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another price increase. He also said if I can get my order in right now then I can take delivery of a Model Y in December, but if I put in an order next week it won't show up until 2022. Again, not sure how accurate that is and it's probably just a sales tactic to get me to come in and place an order, but just passing along the info on what he said.

Of course when I saw the missed call from Tesla Brea, I immediately checked my account to see if a VIN had appeared.... Nope! My EDD's were still the same from this morning showing an EDD later this month (for the Perf), and an EDD for later next month (for the LR).
When I ordered the car my SA told me I would have sooner deliver if I select cash option, he can change it when the delivery gets closer. Not sure how true that is

Exactly. I have the front plate on and it looks fantastic. I've gotten a ticket for the same thing, huge pain in the ass that is easily avoidable.

The front plate holder does not screw into the car. There is 3M tape that attaches it to the front bumper. The screws then screw into the license plate frame holder, not the car itself.

Sorry for getting OT.
I rarely see Teslas with front plates on. I went through that in HS and after getting so many fix it tickets, its not worth the trouble anymore. =)

OMG! OMG! Got a VIN a few minutes ago (8:22 PM)!!!!!!!!!! Goaaaaaaaaal!!!!! Goaaaaaal! Goaaaaaaaal!!!!!

243xxx

Just came back from our nightly walk and was telling the wife this wait sucks but should be any day now since the EDD window has shrunk from 17 days down to 11 days. Delivery estimated for Aug 9-12 but will contact the SC tomorrow to see if it’s already there and ready for instant pickup. What. A. Relief!

Keep the hope alive, everyone!