Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my car back on 10/5 - Front hood, bumper, and side fender PPF and ceramic coat for the rest of the car, rims, and windows. Spoke with the person who owns the shop. She said notify insurance that you got PPF and Ceramic... just as a "heads up." Provide a copy of the invoice. Not to add to cost of insurance but just as a heads up (whatever the difference is.) If you get in an accident, she works with insurance to cover the cost of the PPF and ceramic to the parts of the body that is damaged. Planning on reaching out to my agent today to let him know.
ooo didn't think about that, called my insurance agent to add that coverage, cost about 30 bucks more on the policy but i'd say well worth the add on since the PPF that I have isn't cheap for a full wrap.

I obtained a quote from Tesla and AAA. I currently have AAA and have home insurance and car insurance bundled with my old car. After I got my Y, my quote from Tesla was approximately $2500 just for the Y alone. AAA came in at $1900 (only for the Y - not keeping my other vehicle.) Both still seemed high to me but I stuck with AAA. I'm not committed, so I'll probably start looking around again.
My friends have policies with CostCo. I was going to check with all three (Costco, AAA, Tesla).

Reactions: TatisJr
Sadly, based on the comments here it seems that the EOQ VIN's have now dried up. Are there any April/May/June orders still awaiting delivery? I'm in July so I'm still hoping that my generic "January" EDD will change to actual dates soon. This is only Day #68 for me, so I know that I still have another month or two to wait. But my EDD of "January" just feels so fake; I'm eager for an actual date -- any date. 😢

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Sadly, based on the comments here it seems that the EOQ VIN's have now dried up. Are there any April/May/June orders still awaiting delivery? I'm in July so I'm still hoping that my generic "January" EDD will change to actual dates soon. This is only Day #68 for me, so I know that I still have another month or two to wait. But my EDD of "January" just feels so fake; I'm eager for an actual date -- any date. 😢

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton
June order here still waiting on a VIN. It seems like I’m an outlier as we are seeing more July order dates receive their VINs but the reports have been scarce after EOQ

Reactions: e645824
I'm officially in my EDD Range now(10/08-10/28).
OD : 07/06
MYLR | White | Black | 19" | 5 Seat | No FSD.

It has been in this range for about 5 weeks now , the longest without any change.
Same configuration as you od was 7/3 edd was showing 10/8 to 10/18. Got vin this morning with pickup scheduled for this Monday.
So hopefully yours is coming up very soon.