Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid with a certified check to avoid Plaid. My SA just asked how I wanted to pay when he called to set up the delivery appt, and that is what I chose. (And there was a Chase branch across the street, very convenient) :)

Plaid is *probably* safe, but if you read the fine print they do appear to save your username and password for the bank. (eek) And they write that “the Tesla Plaid link does not store your credentials”, which is technically true. But Plaid itself certainly does.

So if you use Plaid, I would recommend you change your password after the funds have transferred. It may be unnecessary, but you don’t want to be exposed if Plaid is hacked.

Also, definitely hope yours is coming soon too! My order was just 4 days before yours (7/7), and me EDD prior to receiving my VIN was 10/15 - 10/26, got my VIN on 10/14. So hopefully you get yours in the next day or 2! Good luck!
Good to know on timing of VIN vs EDD. My waffling between MSM and White for two weeks prior to ordering cost me $1K and probably a September delivery. ;) But hopefully will get here soon enough.

Reactions: Momvivant
Magic 8-ball update: so far it has accurately predicted my EDD would not move out on the first day of window. That I wouldn’t receive a VIN that day and that I wouldn’t receive my VIN today.

Happy to report that 8-ball responded with “As I see it, Yes” for a VIN tomorrow. Sounds like a lock to me, haha.

If it’s wrong however, I’m going on a quest to find one of these:

Magic 8-ball update: so far it has accurately predicted my EDD would not move out on the first day of window. That I wouldn’t receive a VIN that day and that I wouldn’t receive my VIN today.

Happy to report that 8-ball responded with “As I see it, Yes” for a VIN tomorrow. Sounds like a lock to me, haha.

If it’s wrong however, I’m going on a quest to find one of these:

Did the same thing and it said Outlook Looks Good. Fingers crossed! No shift in my EDD but it’s only been 1 day in my EDD.

Good morning everyone…so I woke up and my EDD still began as October 14, which was yesterday. I had to ask myself, am I getting a 1981 DeLorean or a 2021 MY?

Then in about half an hour later or so, it finally updated so it starts October 17. So now my EDD is a 10 day window, Oct 17th to Oct 27th.

Do you think I might get my MY closer to the 17th or the 27th? Or smack dab in the middle. Or will it just be pushed out two months?

Attachments

• FBDB9C16-A681-4733-A998-7D45CE9A96B6.png
    FBDB9C16-A681-4733-A998-7D45CE9A96B6.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: TatisJr
Good morning everyone…so I woke up and my EDD still began as October 14, which was yesterday. I had to ask myself, am I getting a 1981 DeLorean or a 2021 MY?

Then in about half an hour later or so, it finally updated so it starts October 17. So now my EDD is a 10 day window, Oct 17th to Oct 27th.

Do you think I might get my MY closer to the 17th or the 27th? Or smack dab in the middle. Or will it just be pushed out two months?
My final EDD update was a 10 day window and I got my VIN closer to the earlier date 10/8. Then it was already on the truck and got to the delivery center 10/11 so hopefully soon for you!

My final EDD update was a 10 day window and I got my VIN closer to the earlier date 10/8. Then it was already on the truck and got to the delivery center 10/11 so hopefully soon for you!
Thanks DrRamen, that is super exciting…makes the wait a little bit easier knowing delivery might really be so soon and not just an EDD with its own mind.

Reactions: MTBevrider
I don’t know how this is even possible but my EDD went from December 18 - January 7 and now changed to March 22 - April 19. I did not edit my order. And I still have the old pricing and 1500 clean fuel rewards incentive. My OD was August 29. For about a month now my EDD disappeared and it just popped up with these new dates this morning.

Last edited:
I don’t know how this is even possible by my EDD went from December 18 - January 7 and now changed to March 22 - April 19. I did not edit my order. And I still have the old pricing and 1500 clean fuel rewards incentive. My OD was August 29. For about a month now my EDD disappeared and it just popped up with these new dates this morning.
I would contact your SA and make *sure* that your order profile is complete and nothing is missing. But they will likely tell you to ignore the EDD, but they likely have better estimates.

(I received my MYLR this week, yet at the beginning of September my EDD window had briefly crossed into January)

Wow, I got an email at 9:08am for this event and in under 15 minutes, it was full. They should have sent me a text, lol. I'm not normally that on top of personal emails to see them w/in 15 minutes, but I was still too slow!

Introducing Our Newest Showroom: Irvine, California​

Tesla Open House Invite

Due to an overwhelming response, the event is currently at maximum capacity and we are no longer accepting RSVPs. Alternatively, you can view other events in your area or schedule a test drive at your nearest Tesla location.