Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, here is something new. I placed an order for a Tesla Wall Charger a few hours ago and at the time the Model Y EDD was still at the generic "January" (as it has been for the past many weeks). Now my EDD just updated to "October 17 - October 31". Hum... perhaps the Tesla Model Y order-o-matic AI that schedules deliveries needs something to indicate seriousness?

Or perhaps it is demonic, "Hey, he just ordered a wall charger; so let's deliver the car to him before he receives his wall charger" 😃

Perhaps Tesla is pushing California orders to beat the November 2 deadline? There seem to be a lot of people here getting VIN's -- unusual for the first month of the quarter...

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: October 17 - October 31
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
Cross post:

Wow just noticed a new LR Y with Gemini wheels is out to July for delivery. 20 inch wheels still April.

Only with White paint. Other colors with Gemini are still April.

:) -- Friday afternoon levity.

Scene: GM, Ford, or Chrysler board room. 10am
Expensive executive: "Gee, people seem to like these electric vehicles. Tesla must have good marketing."
Marketing: "Tesla doesn't advertise. People only see Teslas because they are parked in their neighbor's driveways."
Expensive executive: "General Motors had the EV1 decades ago and people seemed to really like them. So GM is a leader."
Sales: "The EV1 was lease only. After a while we gathered them all up and crushed them. The customers seemed really disappointed for some reason."
Expensive executive: "Well, let's just make a new version of the EV1"
Manufacturing: "They used big old heavy AC Delco lead-acid batteries."
Sales: "We insisted on it. It made the Battery Division look good. Although we later upgraded them to Panasonic lead-acid batteries."
Secretary: my Model Y has finished charging, so I'm driving home now. You folks can stay as late as you like; just be sure to turn the lights out when you are finished.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January

Don't understnad how everyone gets earlier EDD than me with my 6/28 OD :(
I’d call too. The other thing is that the non-white seem to be like unicorns so wonder if your combo only gets built at some cadence.
Well, here is something new. I placed an order for a Tesla Wall Charger a few hours ago and at the time the Model Y EDD was still at the generic "January" (as it has been for the past many weeks). Now my EDD just updated to "October 17 - October 31". Hum... perhaps the Tesla Model Y order-o-matic AI that schedules deliveries needs something to indicate seriousness?

Or perhaps it is demonic, "Hey, he just ordered a wall charger; so let's deliver the car to him before he receives his wall charger" 😃

Perhaps Tesla is pushing California orders to beat the November 2 deadline? There seem to be a lot of people here getting VIN's -- unusual for the first month of the quarter...

--

EDD: October 17 - October 31
I ordered my Wall Connector too and three days after it arrived, I got the VIN. But to be fair, I *think* that my car had been assigned.

Btw, before I got the latest EDD, my EDD got pushed back to November After being in the window of the EDD. So those who’s EDD got pushed back, it’ll be here soon If my experience is anything to go by. Good luck!