Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice! I noticed a couple other here had same experience with a single day of tightened window before VIN. My EDD is roughly same so I'm just hoping one day I wake up to a tightened window lol... the few data points suggest I'd get a VIN the immediate day after
I think may be because of tax credit bill, people are placing holds? Not sure why it narrowed down for me so quickly.

Hopefully you get yours soon.

Got a VIN. MF305xxx

Red with Black interior and 19 inch

EDD now shows 10/31-11/4

MVPA still shows 1500 credit ? So that means if i take delivery after 1st will it be the same?

Also another question was, my agreements review button is still greyed out. Is it normal? Got an email to make a payment, but there is no option to pay. Weird.

Appreciate if anyone can answer. Thanks
I was able to make my final payment the same day I got my VIN. Agreements button will become clickable 24 hours before your appointment delivery.

Not sure about the credit. My understanding is that the terms in the agreements can still change until you sign them. So if you sign after 11/1 you may only get 750.

Order date 8/1

White on White Long Range.

Edd has been on Dec 8 - Dec 28 for 3 weeks now.

Pretty much the same here. Order date 8/2, EDD has been 12/10-12/30 for 6 weeks or so. Midnight Silver / Black /20”

My Profile Completion was 7/30. I consider myself an Aug order since 7/30 was 2nd to last day of the month and might as well be 8/1. Similar EDD: Dec 3 to 31.

For the longest time I had a Nov 3 to 24 EDD. With some of the Mid July orders getting their VINs, I'm (falsely) hoping my EDD will jump back to its original timeframe.

Reactions: dthuntley
Mine is still holding at 11/30 - 11/4 but I just uploaded a copy of my insurance card this morning. Keeping my Connect insurance policy after comparing with Tesla's.
Update: Today, I received a text from Tesla to schedule my delivery by logging in to my account. It opened a "Schedule your Home Delivery" and presented 3 days with morning or afternoon. Nov 3 - 5. I selected Nov 4 (8:00am - 12:00noon). When I ordered the car back in July I opted for Pick up (Pickup location is in Buena Park service center) but I guess it's no longer an option at least in my profile.

A few minutes after I scheduled my delivery, I got a Pay Your Model Y Balance email. As expected, I still can't access my final documents (still greyed out) since it should be enabled within 24 hours of my scheduled delivery. The weird thing is that I'm accepting delivery after the 11/01 cut-off but my profile is still showing $1,500 credit instead of $750. Will they make the adjustment after they prepare my final docs? I wonder..

I didn't use the online option where you give bank's username / password combination. Instead I close the pop up and it presented an option to add a bank manually (traditional routing # / account #) and it worked fine. My profile is now showing $0.00 balance due but it remains to be seen if I will owe $750 after.

I was told today by Burbank delivery center, you get $1500 if you take delivery Nov 1st or before. If you take delivery Nov 2nd and later it’s $750. My MY won’t get to Burbank until Monday. First available pickup for me is Tuesday. Oh well.
Did you get a call from the delivery center to schedule your delivery appointment? I just got an automated text with a link to schedule. My SA must be out today. Didn’t reply to my text this morning if I can pick up my car instead of home delivery. My options were 11/3 - 11/5.

At this point I don’t really care much about the $750 since this roller coaster ride will be over in a few days (I hope).

I was told today by Burbank delivery center, you get $1500 if you take delivery Nov 1st or before. If you take delivery Nov 2nd it’s $750. My MY won’t get to Burbank until Monday. First available pickup for me is Tuesday. Oh well.
Did you get a call from the delivery center to schedule your delivery appointment? I just got an automated text with a link to schedule. My SA must be out today. Didn’t reply to my text this morning if I can pick up my car instead of home delivery. My options were 11/3 - 11/5.

At this point I don’t really care much about the $750 since this roller coaster ride will be over in a few days (I hope).
I talked to delivery center today said I was outside home delivery radius. So clicked on text and had same window as you. Choose 11/3 for pickup.

Order date 8/1

White on White Long Range.

Edd has been on Dec 8 - Dec 28 for 3 weeks now.
It's point of sale.
Everything I’ve read in the last couple days says it’s a TAX CREDIT and if you don’t owe taxes, it doesn’t help you.

Reactions: DZMY
Everything I’ve read in the last couple days says it’s a TAX CREDIT and if you don’t owe taxes, it doesn’t help you.

“Refundable”

Reactions: seeb

Not sure what you mean by “if you don’t owe taxes.” But to be clear it has nothing to do with filling out your taxes and then determine that you were under withheld by $5K, so you owe that amount to the Feds on 4/15. In this scenario if you were thinking you’d only get $5K for the EV tax incentive that is incorrect. What it means is if your AGI is low enough that your entire tax liability is less that $7500 you wouldn’t get the full amount, rather up to what you tax liability is. Guessing if your income was at that level you wouldn’t be buying a Model Y. ;)

Seems like the details of what is actually in the bill at the moment are unknown to the public. There were two different bills (Senate and House) and some of what’s being reported seems like there are portions from each one. The clause that would have most impact on those who take delivery before end of year is the Senate one which retroactively removes the 200K cap as of 5/24 (the other bill doesn’t specify if the removal of cap will be retroactive, but assume not). Anyway the increased amount for Tesla anyway would be $500 or $2500 depending on which version is adopted, would only be available as of 1/1/2022.

There has been talk about income limits (which is the House version), and if that is included, can’t see it being a point of sale rebate, as I don’t see how dealers will be responsible for income verification, but who knows.

Of course not holding my breath for any of this passing, but only time will tell.