Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s good to know. I like the bike on the tow hitch but it makes the sensors go nuts. I normally ride 5 days a week so I want something that works. Did you install the rails yourself?

I did install the rails myself. It took maybe 20 minutes. Rackattack has a video that I watch prior to install and the Yakima high road bike rack was also very easy.

They seem to be sticking pretty firm to those delivery dates.
If history is any indication, EOQ will see an insane push and many will be delivered during that time, even those with longer windows (if they're able and willing). I wouldn't be surprised if my June 7-July 5 window has a Q1 EOQ delivery option. I don't know if I'll take it then or not, but I've been through this a few times and always got it sooner. My most recent purchase of a 2020 X came a few months early due to the EOQ blowout.

That said, I get that the Y situation is different right now so things might not follow Tesla's historical pattern.

Reactions: radiantrattler
If history is any indication, EOQ will see an insane push and many will be delivered during that time, even those with longer windows (if they're able and willing). I wouldn't be surprised if my June 7-July 5 window has a Q1 EOQ delivery option. I don't know if I'll take it then or not, but I've been through this a few times and always got it sooner. My most recent purchase of a 2020 X came a few months early due to the EOQ blowout.

That said, I get that the Y situation is different right now so things might not follow Tesla's historical pattern.
We have similia order dates, should be interesting when it gets closer. Unrelated, what's your ETA on the R1T? I'm kind of interested on one.

We have similia order dates, should be interesting when it gets closer. Unrelated, what's your ETA on the R1T? I'm kind of interested on one.
My Y is actually the replacement for my R1T order. I was waiting on the max pack, which likely won't be delivered until next summer. We have kind of aged out of the need unfortunately. I'm still holding the order for now because.. I don't know why. Maybe I'll change my mind or something, but I doubt it. The efficiency (or lack thereof) of the R1T bothers me enough that I think I'd only use it when absolutely necessary for hauling or camping and drive our X all the other times.

The X does a perfectly fine job of towing and it's a good daily driver as well. They say you should never buy a tow vehicle that doesn't also function well for your daily needs, and since I'm efficiency-driven, it kind of precludes the R1T. I think.

My Y is actually the replacement for my R1T order. I was waiting on the max pack, which likely won't be delivered until next summer. We have kind of aged out of the need unfortunately. I'm still holding the order for now because.. I don't know why. Maybe I'll change my mind or something, but I doubt it. The efficiency (or lack thereof) of the R1T bothers me enough that I think I'd only use it when absolutely necessary for hauling or camping and drive our X all the other times.

The X does a perfectly fine job of towing and it's a good daily driver as well. They say you should never buy a tow vehicle that doesn't also function well for your daily needs, and since I'm efficiency-driven, it kind of precludes the R1T. I think.
Good to know, I had added the larger battery then read delivery is next year so closed the window. They post on social media about all the deliveries ready to go, but couldn't find a standard delivery timeframe. If I use it as a work truck might be best to wait for ford to come up to speed.

date held at 2/7-3/7 just got text asking if ready, hoping for a vin soon

MYP, Blue on White, No FSD

Good to know, I had added the larger battery then read delivery is next year so closed the window. They post on social media about all the deliveries ready to go, but couldn't find a standard delivery timeframe. If I use it as a work truck might be best to wait for ford to come up to speed.
I actually reserved the adventure package (not max battery) last Nov and got an EDD (Oct - Dec, 2022) a few week ago.

Praise God! I literally prayed for an early delivery and I got one! I got a call this morning from the sales associate saying they had a Red model Y available. The caveat was it had 2 features I didn't want. I asked what they were and she said a tow hitch and 20s. So an extra 3K. I thought about it for a while, asked about the chip, build date (4 days ago), mileage (3 miles), double paned windows, etc. I knew I had to take it! They said it'd be ready today. My financing and trade in were still good. I literally placed my order 15 days ago and was frustrated with the waiting process. Stockton said they had a priority list which is really just a list of people that if they get a similar config they'd call and give us the first right of refusal. I drove 90 miles back with no issues, added my accessories and started charging. It's truly a dream come true!