Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is your OD and config?
New here
Irvine Delivery
MYLR5 white/black 20” no tow no fsd.
Order Date 06/02/21.
Order on hold until 08/23/21 (profile was completed same day).
Have had numerous EDD changes I can’t keep count with my current one at June 10 - July 8.
Called Irvine center multiple times and no real helpful info, but I was told today to “sit tight and wait. ” 🤦‍♂️

Ordered November 2021 with a delivery date of July 2022. Received a message at the end of December with a delivery date for the second week in January. Following week changed to July. Week after that changed to the end of March. Last week changed to End of May beginning of June. Curious what next week will bring.
Did your December email have a VIN? It is odd you got a message with an EDD update. If it was a message to schedule delivery then you should have had a VIN assigned before that.

New here
Irvine Delivery
MYLR5 white/black 20” no tow no fsd.
Order Date 06/02/21.
Order on hold until 08/23/21 (profile was completed same day).
Have had numerous EDD changes I can’t keep count with my current one at June 10 - July 8.
Called Irvine center multiple times and no real helpful info, but I was told today to “sit tight and wait. ” 🤦‍♂️
Bay Area here with kind of a similar story. White/white 19, no tow, no fsd. I went on hold from aug to December, was TBD for a week, now pushed back to may-June. Making me kind of nervous as I sold my second car and will definitely need a second care come June.

Anyone know what comes next for California passenger car license plate sequence? We must be very close to 8ZZZ999.
If I’m doing my back of the envelope calculation correctly there should be over +170 million possible combinations for the current CA license plate format. Seems like a lot but that could go by quick and not sure how much of that has already been accounted for.

Reactions: leaftoy
Did you register the new car yet !? I was able to hit the dmv last Tuesday.
In California as far as I know we don’t need to do anything. We sign the paperwork and send it back in the UPS envelope given by Tesla and they (or a third party on their behalf) take care of registering and sending us the license plates. At least this is the way it worked with every other car. Hopefully Tesla is not waiting on me doing something (other than signing and sending those forms to delivery center overnight).

I would think the next would be 9AAA000
Yeah, Wikipedia says it will go until 9ZZZ999 and then they may switch over to 000AAA1:

It is expected that when 9ZZZ999 is reached, the next serial format will be 123ABC1, maintaining the DMV's practice since the 1960s of reversing serial formats at exhaustion
I was wondering because somehow I associate license plates starting with 9 with farm vehicles.