Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I finally figured it out...the 'Self' in full self driving actually refers to you driving yourself fully, not the car driving itself 😏

Elon just convinced us all to buy 'pet rocks' 😃

In all seriousness, it will happen sooner or later. I've been waiting almost 4 years...many people bought 6 years ago on a model S/X, bought FSD and since sold their car.

Patience young grasshoppers.

I think I finally figured it out...the 'Self' in full self driving actually refers to you driving yourself fully, not the car driving itself 😏

Elon just convinced us all to buy 'pet rocks' 😃

In all seriousness, it will happen sooner or later. I've been waiting almost 4 years...many people bought 6 years ago on a model S/X, bought FSD and since sold their car.

Patience young grasshoppers.
It does provide perspective as we remember the thousands before us that paid down. Perhaps the only upside is that it wasn’t 10+ grand so a small pet rock

I finally lost 1 point today. With my luck it probably means FSD will be rolling out to those with 100 score soon.
I hope he meant when he said maybe even 98’s. Compared to the US there are way fewer cars with FSD in Canada so it would make sense to release it to lower scores as well so they can get more raw data. Still maintaining my 99 but it’s hard. Almost ready to give up and wait till FSD actually drops and then reset my score and start over. It would be less agonizing than this

I hope he meant when he said maybe even 98’s. Compared to the US there are way fewer cars with FSD in Canada so it would make sense to release it to lower scores as well so they can get more raw data. Still maintaining my 99 but it’s hard. Almost ready to give up and wait till FSD actually drops and then reset my score and start over. It would be less agonizing than this
Knock on wood (please !) I find it easey peasey to maintain my 99 score. Drive on AP as much as possible on flowing roads (highways). It may not improve your score but you will get 100 all the time. When I saw in the stats app that I needed to drive another 1900 kM at 100% to get from 99 to 100% I gave up hand driving the car 100 kM / day on the 401 keeping my distance just right and doing the REGEN shuffle every time some wanker cut in/out in front of me to keep the distance. AP keeps it nicely spaced and wankers away !

Reactions: CanadaEV
TO GET A 100 SCORE:
You will need:
-A second car
-Cheat method described below
-YOUR WIFE, GIRLFRIEND , Friend *(OPTIONAL BUT FUN)

How to : if you already have 100 and want to keep it skip to step 13.

1-If you have less than 100 <> , just go to your tesla menu and OPT OUT of tesla FSD BETA. dont worry you will get back in a second.
2.- Once opt out, park car, then go for a drive 1km.
3.- park car , leave it for a few minutes,
4.- check your app (your phone-app ),,after a few minutes the "safety score " will disappear.
5.- make sure car is fully charged, cause we'r gonna have fun in a second.
6.- go to your nearest highway entrance park close to that entrance (shopping mall , peaceful neighborhood etc)
7.-go to your tesla menu and Go back to the car OPT IN FSD beta.
8.- go around the mall (neighborhood) driving like a grandpa , slow break, slow curves, really grandpa-in florida-retired-dont care about whose behind- drive about 1-2 km
9.- park, wait a few minutes the score is back ON your phone with 100
10. go to the highway entrance driving like a grandpa again ,,HERE IS WHERE THE FUN STARTS>
11.- As Soon as you r in the highway TURN AUTOPILOT ON , drive 50 miles 80 km then (check your score again) , then back ROUND TRIP total 160km /100 miles IN AUTOPILOT ALL THE WAY (no mistakes are counted while in autopilot)
12.- come back home> AS SOON AS YOU EXIT THE HIGHWAY AND STOP AUTOPILOT, DRIVE LIKE A GRANDPA UNTIL YOU GET HOME .
13 PARK . dont move the car for 7 days /or until you get the update.
14. by bringing your wife she will understand why you need her car to drive for an entire week, why you cannot move the car (be nice to her)

* If at any point after having 100, you Fvck up , no worries, just DONT put the car in "PARK" , just stop in a safe place (dont put it in PARK ) and press BOTH buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds, the screen will restart reseting the latest drive, put the car on park and repeat ,press BOTH buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds, the screen will restart again. your score will continue to be 100 erasing whatever you did in the last drive.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
* If at any point after having 100, you Fvck up , no worries, just DONT put the car in "PARK" , just stop in a safe place (dont put it in PARK ) and press BOTH buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds, the screen will restart reseting the latest drive, put the car on park and repeat ,press BOTH buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds, the screen will restart again. your score will continue to be 100 erasing whatever you did in the last drive.

Note: I tried the reset after getting an alert, and it didn't erase the drive.... maybe I did it wrong, but my computer did restart, but was still dinged for the alert. So not sure if this has been fixed.

The risk with that is there are people in the states now that have 100 scores and have been waiting months to get let into the program. Who knows how quick it will fill up. If they open it up to 99 and even 98 and fill up while you are driving your 6 days after opting back in I think that would suck. I'm still debating the risk vs reward, but my gut says just to stick with my 99 because the minute I do they will release it and I'll have 6 days of driving to get back into contention.

I'm sure that in addition to the score, there must be some minimum mileage or driving frequency. Driving around the block once and then parking it for 3 weeks doesn't seem like it would get you in.

I have no idea how people can drive in the city and maintain 100/99. I drive so carefully, and all it takes is one corner or one person cutting me off to get it bumped to 95.

Reactions: jayk1