Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022.4.5.17 just got pushed to my car.

I’m sitting on a 100 score and waiting for the FSD Beta (2022.4.5.15), is there any reason I shouldn’t update to .17? Wondering if my car will be able to install .15 if it’s on a newer version.

2022.4.5.17 just got pushed to my car.

I’m sitting on a 100 score and waiting for the FSD Beta (2022.4.5.15), is there any reason I shouldn’t update to .17? Wondering if my car will be able to install .15 if it’s on a newer version.
Given the delay in the wide release of 10.11, we may get 10.11.1 instead which might end up being 2022.4.5.21.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Edit: I guess I can't say the 4 letter word starting with F...it got filtered. But I can say Asshat 😜

**** (can I say that...I guess I'll find out...)

Rock solid 100 score for 3 weeks or however long this has gone on. Not perfect, 0.2% hard braking, 0.1% hard turning, 1.2% following too close...

Picking up kid from daycare and Mr/Ms Asshat in front of me realizes at the last minute they are in the turning lane of an advance light and SLAMS on their brakes and waits to go straight through the light....forward collision warning goes off, I slam on my brakes and now my score for the ride is 60. Total score dropped to 99 with forward collision average at 1.4 per 1,000 km. And to get back to 100 the simulator beta says forward collision rate needs to drop to 0.1 to get back to 100.. omg how I want to smack the person in that car now.

Also, that's nuts. You can basically have 1 forward collision warning every 10,000 km or you'll never get 100.

Let's hope beta comes to 100 and 99 people I guess. Ordinarily I wouldn't post a rant, but this is a rant and warning.

I wonder if it's as easy as opting out then opting back in...but that just seems like cheating and I feel like 4 weeks of 99 should be worth more than 6 days of 100....

Rant over 😏
Same here. Perfect score till I had one forward collision warning. It was a car turning right and I actually had enough space and didn’t want to brake hard and sure enough collision warning goes off and it drops me to a 98. Finally got it to a 99 but would have to drive a lot to get back to a 100 so will have to do my best to maintain the 99. Nothing kills your score more than a forward collision warning. Also the reset option I read online didn’t work as it didn’t record the km I drove but recorded the collision warning. I wonder if anyone has tried to sign out of beta and then when FSD finally drops then sign back on beta. This way one does not have to wait for who knows how long. It has worked for people in the states so wonder if it’s the same here

Same here. Perfect score till I had one forward collision warning. It was a car turning right and I actually had enough space and didn’t want to brake hard and sure enough collision warning goes off and it drops me to a 98. Finally got it to a 99 but would have to drive a lot to get back to a 100 so will have to do my best to maintain the 99. Nothing kills your score more than a forward collision warning. Also the reset option I read online didn’t work as it didn’t record the km I drove but recorded the collision warning. I wonder if anyone has tried to sign out of beta and then when FSD finally drops then sign back on beta. This way one does not have to wait for who knows how long. It has worked for people in the states so wonder if it’s the same here
Yeah apparently that reset trick was patched. As far as opting out then back in, it probably works. But then you have to build up your score again which takes a week, and only having a short amount of driving means you are again susceptible to random events like this even more.

The way I see it, the 1,000+ km I have at 99 gives me more buffer for the odd hard braking, etc. And if I get another random forward collision it will kill the score anyway, so I'm just sticking with it as is.

I can confirm that opting out and opting back in does reset your score. I did it on Mar 4 and has been able to maintain a 100 Score since.

I have just over 2,000 kMs into a safety score of 99 and agree with @pcons that it gives you a buffer with the more kms you have on the score. I had to do a detour due to accident yesterday up a very windy and hilly back road in Halton and when I crested the hill I needed to apply the brakes and I was really having to turn with speed. I thought it would be a disaster drive but to my delight, score stayed at 99 :cool: I am still sitting at 2022.4.5.4 and not received the most recent update. I am curious why as I have been getting updates since delivery in September within a day of release but not this time. In my dreams it is because I am a chosen one and Elon is saving the update for later this week when he gives me ROI on my $ 10k and I get the BETA......and then I woke up and it was Wednesday.....

• Funny
Reactions: M109Rider