Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cruise control was invented and validated before it was offered for sale. Unlike FSD that asks you to pay for the privilege, test it and hope nobody gets hurt using it. I guess we are lucky so many of you are willing to pay and test it. Nature has a funny way of weeding out people before they can procreate.
Lol. Are you implying that you hope the current purchasers of FSD die before we have kids?

It’s actually a good thing that the people who can afford it have already had kids

Driving on FSD is still (in my option) safer than those 18 year old ****twats driving their Honda civics at 180km an hour up a rural road, With their little dumb sounding exhaust blasters.

I still wouldn’t wish them dead tho, Be better.

Reactions: pcons and M109Rider
Of course it was tested by customers, you just didn't hear about it. Pretty much every innovation is ultimately tested by customers/consumers, how do you think drugs are tested?
I don’t know if you are a real medical doctor but if you are you should know better. Drugs go through a thorough design, testing and validation process before administration to human beings. You must have skipped that class. This is the complete opposite of what Tesla has done with FSD. With FSD you pay your money to test it hoping you don’t take somebody out. I hope the regulators start clamping down on this nonsense. It can’t happen soon enough.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus and Jovo
Lol. Are you implying that you hope the current purchasers of FSD die before we have kids?

It’s actually a good thing that the people who can afford it have already had kids

Driving on FSD is still (in my option) safer than those 18 year old ****twats driving their Honda civics at 180km an hour up a rural road, With their little dumb sounding exhaust blasters.

I still wouldn’t wish them dead tho, Be better.
You must be joking. Have you ever experienced phantom braking ? I have. How about indecision on busy roads with glaring sunlight ? I have. FSD is truly dangerous and should not be considered a sellable product. I worry that you beta testers will cause enough carnage not unlike those 18 year olds you speak of.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
You clearly have a hate on for Tesla and or Elon. What ever happened that caused you to be a Tesla hater, I don’t know, but you should try to let it go.
I don’t hate either. I have a 2021 MYLR purchased used that included FSD. That software is an absolute POS. The rest of the vehicle I like but the Supercharger availability is what sold me. The service network is absolutely horrible however.

• Disagree
Cruise control was invented and validated before it was offered for sale. Unlike FSD that asks you to pay for the privilege, test it and hope nobody gets hurt using it. I guess we are lucky so many of you are willing to pay and test it. Nature has a funny way of weeding out people before they can procreate.
Dont move the goal-posts ... you said no customers ever TESTED products, which is patently false, as I noted above.As for paying for FSD, that's a risk and/or a choice each purchaser makes. But the reality is everyone pays for product development .. R&D cost is eventually passed onto the consumer as part of the purchase price, and you may for THAT whether you want to or not !

I don’t know if you are a real medical doctor but if you are you should know better. Drugs go through a thorough design, testing and validation process before administration to human beings. You must have skipped that class. This is the complete opposite of what Tesla has done with FSD. With FSD you pay your money to test it hoping you don’t take somebody out. I hope the regulators start clamping down on this nonsense. It can’t happen soon enough.
Yes, of course they do. How do you know that FSD didn't? (hint: it DID). They have had FSD in internal testing for years, including in real-world tests and simulation. They continue to do that now. Why do you think its nonsense? And in fact FSD beta has been in testers hands for over a yea now (including mine), and has racked up 14 MILLION miles of driving. Where are all these accidents you claim the system is causing?

Dont move the goal-posts ... you said no customers ever TESTED products, which is patently false, as I noted above.As for paying for FSD, that's a risk and/or a choice each purchaser makes. But the reality is everyone pays for product development .. R&D cost is eventually passed onto the consumer as part of the purchase price, and you may for THAT whether you want to or not !
Companies have R&D budgets to design, test and validate new products. Good companies do not pass that cost to the customer. In Tesla’s case the customer pays for the privilege.

• Disagree
Yes, of course they do. How do you know that FSD didn't? (hint: it DID). They have had FSD in internal testing for years, including in real-world tests and simulation. They continue to do that now. Why do you think its nonsense? And in fact FSD beta has been in testers hands for over a yea now (including mine), and has racked up 14 MILLION miles of driving. Where are all these accidents you claim the system is causing?
Surely you know how to use a search engine. Let’s put it another way. One accident caused by FSD is one too many.

• Disagree
So post a link to one...

Seat belts cause accidents very occasionally. So do air bags . So do brakes. By your reckoning we should get rid of all those too.
I did not pay to be a beta tester for seatbelts, air bags or brakes. This technology was vetted by the manufacturer and regulatory bodies before It was made available for sale. Prove me wrong. Tesla has taken a software idea, put it out there for a price and asked people to test it for them all the while putting people at risk of injury. Surely you see the difference.

• Disagree
I did not pay to be a beta tester for seatbelts, air bags or brakes. This technology was vetted by the manufacturer and regulatory bodies before It was made available for sale. Prove me wrong. Tesla has taken a software idea, put it out there for a price and asked people to test it for them all the while putting people at risk of injury. Surely you see the difference.
You said one accident was too many. How do you justify not applying that to other systems on the car??? That was my point. You can't say things like "one accident is too many" .. it's absurd .. EVERYTHING in life carries risk. The goal is to balance that risk against the potential benefit. Hysterically declaring that "any risk is too much" or trying to name call people who have made a different buying choice to you doesnt meaningfully contribute to the dialog. The long-term goal of FSD is to replace flawed human drivers with safer automated systems. Are you saying that is a bad goal? If so, why?

It’s making sense now. I’ve been trying to figure out your angle.

You paid for FSD knowing it was still in beta, (and not even public beta), and you clearly have no idea what beta testing is. Most certainly the different levels of it.

It’s too bad you didn’t wait until it’s a public release, because then you might have a different opinion.

Not once have you mentioned that Teslas are the number 1 safest car ever. FSD or not.

I value your option, but please stop waiting for a disaster. It hasn’t happened yet, hopefully it never does. In the meantime, let us make make this product better and see where it gets. If Tesla doesn’t do it, someone else will.

Maybe GM can make their exploding cars self drive, and the taliban can buy them for Mobile street smart bombs

You said one accident was too many. How do you justify not applying that to other systems on the car??? That was my point. You can't say things like "one accident is too many" .. it's absurd .. EVERYTHING in life carries risk. The goal is to balance that risk against the potential benefit. Hysterically declaring that "any risk is too much" or trying to name call people who have made a different buying choice to you doesnt meaningfully contribute to the dialog. The long-term goal of FSD is to replace flawed human drivers with safer automated systems. Are you saying that is a bad goal? If so, why?

I am not against the idea of FSD. It will come eventually but it is years away.
My issue is Tesla basically employing “customers” to do their real world testing, asking them to pay for it and asking them to assume the risk. I can’t think of any other product or industry that has done this. Can you ?

• Disagree
My issue is Tesla basically employing “customers” to do their real world testing, asking them to pay for it and asking them to assume the risk. I can’t think of any other product or industry that has done this. Can you ?
So what? You don't like the Tesla model, which is fine, but it's not illegal, so ultimately it comes down to can they get away with it, and apparently the answer is yes. In my case, I paid $5k for something that now sells for 3x as much, so perhaps it was a wise investment, maybe not. But isnt that what ALL investments are like? Some financial risk with a potential future reward? People make buying decisions based on perceived value, and that differs from person to person .. just because you dont like something doesnt invalidate others whose opinion differs.

The fact that you can’t think of any other company doing anything this way is a compliment to Tesla.
Do you seriously hope Tesla does things the same way the auto industry has been doing things for the last 100 years. I sure hope not. I am more than ecstatic that Tesla is doing everything differently.
This beta testing process is genius.
Also the fastest way to propel this forward.
Just because you can’t grasp change and seem to like the way everyone else does things, doesn’t mean it’s wrong. :)
Live on the edge, embrace change.

Last edited:
So what? You don't like the Tesla model, which is fine, but it's not illegal, so ultimately it comes down to can they get away with it, and apparently the answer is yes. In my case, I paid $5k for something that now sells for 3x as much, so perhaps it was a wise investment, maybe not. But isnt that what ALL investments are like? Some financial risk with a potential future reward? People make buying decisions based on perceived value, and that differs from person to person .. just because you dont like something doesnt invalidate others whose opinion differs.
Yes I get what you are saying. I just hope some kid driving his fathers Tesla does not engage FSD to show off to his friends and cause a fatality. We need a lockout password on FSD to restrict usage. I have seen far too many instances of sports cars and youth that don’t end well.

• Disagree
Yes I get what you are saying. I just hope some kid driving his fathers Tesla does not engage FSD to show off to his friends and cause a fatality. We need a lockout password on FSD to restrict usage. I have seen far too many instances of sports cars and youth that don’t end well.
I would imagine it would be the other way around. Some kid driving his dads Tesla slamming on the accelerator and weaving in and out of traffic.

FSD isn’t going to cause a catastrophic accident as it doesn’t let you mess around. Sure there are ways to circumvent it. But if you’ve ever tried showing off FSD to your friends, it’s very anti climactic