Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bye to you also. You insurance rates will climb once FSD accidents gain more media attention. It’s happening. Good luck with that lol.
At present, there is no such thing as an FSD accident.
It’s just an accident. If you are using the beta, and get in an accident, it’s your fault, not FSD. Far less accidents occur when using the beta. Most are more aware than when not using it.

Once FSD reaches actual FSD, Tesla is responsible.
I don’t see any reason for rates to increase. Potentially the opposite.

At present, there is no such thing as an FSD accident.
It’s just an accident. If you are using the beta, and get in an accident, it’s your fault, not FSD. Far less accidents occur when using the beta. Most are more aware than when not using it.

Once FSD reaches actual FSD, Tesla is responsible.
I don’t see any reason for rates to increase. Potentially the opposite.
I agree with you on the first part. But strongly disagree on Tesla ever taking the liability for FSD. Their lawyers won’t let them because it could be disastrous for their profitability. Let’s wait and see.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
If FSD steers you into a problem and you don’t react quickly enough you are responsible. There is no FUD here. I am surprised so many of you are prepared to be Tesla’s unpaid, unprotected beta testers and willing to assume this liability.
Think hard about what you are doing. Your life will never be the same if you cause a fatality and Tesla won’t bail you out.
Lol, that's all I have to say.

If FSD steers you into a problem and you don’t react quickly enough you are responsible. There is no FUD here. I am surprised so many of you are prepared to be Tesla’s unpaid, unprotected beta testers and willing to assume this liability.
Think hard about what you are doing. Your life will never be the same if you cause a fatality and Tesla won’t bail you out.
Some of the ppl here may or may not remember that there was similar sentiment when cruise control first came out. Lots of risk-averse people saying it should be removed and not to use it. Well decades later, cruise control has evolved so much into the driver assist systems we enjoy today.

Fact is, innovation requires risk at some point with testing things at critical mass adoption to be able to make it better. You can’t achieve this level of advancement associated with FSD with just internal testing.

Reactions: M109Rider
Some of the ppl here may or may not remember that there was similar sentiment when cruise control first came out. Lots of risk-averse people saying it should be removed and not to use it. Well decades later, cruise control has evolved so much into the driver assist systems we enjoy today.

Fact is, innovation requires risk at some point with testing things at critical mass adoption to be able to make it better. You can’t achieve this level of advancement associated with FSD with just internal testing.
I don’t recall cruise control being tested by customers and paid for by customers during its development.

Reactions: duanra
I don’t recall cruise control being tested by customers and paid for by customers during its development.
Cruise control originally came out as an optional premium feature that was very expensive at the time - it did not become a standard feature with the vehicle until it was used and vetted by owners in the real-world over several years.

Just like today, there were people like you who wanted it off the roads. If we listened to them, there would be no innovation in driver safety systems.

Of course it was tested by customers, you just didn't hear about it. Pretty much every innovation is ultimately tested by customers/consumers, how do you think drugs are tested?
Not to mention basically any software ever developed. If you have a gmail account, you’ve been beta testing their products and giving them data for years without being paid.

Cruise control originally came out as an optional premium feature that was very expensive at the time - it did not become a standard feature with the vehicle until it was used and vetted by owners in the real-world over several years.

Just like today, there were people like you who wanted it off the roads. If we listened to them, there would be no innovation in driver safety systems.
Cruise control was invented and validated before it was offered for sale. Unlike FSD that asks you to pay for the privilege, test it and hope nobody gets hurt using it. I guess we are lucky so many of you are willing to pay and test it. Nature has a funny way of weeding out people before they can procreate.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus and Jovo