Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I just had the worst left turn ever on 11.3.3, the car almost came to a complete stop in the middle of the turn, and then seemed confused as to what lane it should enter. And shifted itself over to the rightmost lane when it was originally headed toward the inner one.

View attachment 921975

I'm done, I'll try again with V12.
Just keep going so they can gather more data. You’re a beta tester.

If it makes you feel any better, leaving Spring Hill today trying to get to 75, I was in the left lane of a two lane left turn lane. Half way through the turn, bloody car turned on its right signal and abruptly tried to change lanes to the right one.

But wait, there’s more.

6x today it changed lanes to the right turn only lane when I needed to be in the lane that went straight. Map had me going straight but it actually came to a stop when I didn’t catch it in time. It happened very fast.

Twice today, it couldn’t decide which of two left turn lanes to get into at a red light, so it just decided to straddle the solid white line and sit there till the green light. I couldn’t stop it in time as there was so little room.

8x today it came in too late to a right turn lane when I needed to make the turn.

This latest iteration has me totally baffled. I e got just over 300 miles of FSDb driving on this so far.

It’s the worst I’ve seen since I got on in Dec of 21 in regards to lane changes. I mean it’s fkn’g brutal. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

But the highway driving. Now this is a joy. I mean, highway is downright good. So much smoother and more better.

But the highway driving. Now this is a joy. I mean, highway is downright good. So much smoother and more better.
That's great, will be taking a 300 mile trip in a couple of days. I use it around town mainly to test but all I really care about is highway driving. If it can do that well without phantom braking I'll be a happy camper and can wait for the city fixes to roll out. It's been much better around town for me now but as others have noted, still "opportunities to excel" as I was told in the service when given a challenging assignment... :cool:

After reading your comment I tried the two-button reboot. No change. It still tells me I'm up-to-date, and lists a last checked time of yesterday morning. Enough others are saying this that I suspect it is something in their system, not my car.
Mine too, shows yesterday's date after checking for an update. And it does check multiple times, because it thinks I haven't checked within 24 hours. Perhaps the server is giving a null answer about the update, so the car treats is as not having checked. Strange, anyway.

I am wondering if the manual checking is broken altogether.

Many folks are reporting 11.3.3 was pushed to them without checking. Has anyone received 11.3.3 right after checking manually for software updates?

PS, a few other comments on this in the Tweets thread: Elon: FSD Beta tweets

Mine too, shows yesterday's date after checking for an update. And it does check multiple times, because it thinks I haven't checked within 24 hours. Perhaps the server is giving a null answer about the update, so the car treats is as not having checked. Strange, anyway.

I am wondering if the manual checking is broken altogether.

Many folks are reporting 11.3.3 was pushed to them without checking. Has anyone received 11.3.3 right after checking manually for software updates?

PS, a few other comments on this in the Tweets thread: Elon: FSD Beta tweets
Mine is also showing yesterday's date.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
All extremely mysterious to me how this is possible.

I did my first drives today on 11.3.3. Man some of the behaviors are just amazing. I especially like how it is now decelerating to 0 very gradually and human like instead of bashing the brake at the end.

However I also experienced the same downright horrible lane choice behaviors also.

I have to make a left turn at a signal where there are two left turn lanes. Car appropriately signals and shows the tentacle going to the far left turning lane and begins moving towards it. I am not the first one entering this turn and it is in a fairly busy street with at least 2-3 cars ahead on both turn lanes. Abruptly as the car is finishing getting into the far left turn lane it suddenly, totally unexpectedly tries to change its mind and go into the right left turn lane while others are in both lanes behind me. I had to rapidly disengage and find my way into a lane. Really embarrassing and behavior that it hasn't done in a long time.

Also I missed at least 2 exits today on the highway. Map data wasnt the problem. Just the car being lazy in getting into the appropriate lane in time and getting in trouble when there was a line of cars getting ready to exit. And now that I don't have lane confirmation anymore I couldn't predict when it was going to try to make the lane change leading to me missing the exit. I made like 3-4 voice note messages in one 20 min drive. Usually I'm very relaxed driving FSD and find it useful. This is very much a Jekyll and Hyde situation learning fsd all over again.

Still waiting (impatiently) for the update. I blew my software check yesterday morning at 10 AM. Today it goes off and checks, thinks for a little bit, and still comes back as up-to-date as of 10 AM yesterday. I’m choosing to believe this means they are deliberating my worthiness and will roll it out to me momentarily. 😆
I’m starting to think that manually checking puts you at the back of the queue.

You'll only be able to get it on a manual pull if it's already pushed to you and something got caught up.

That wasn't the case for some mass updates like the Holiday one.
Agree 100%... until you see another major dump on teslafi, don't burn one 😉
If you weren't in the que yesterday, you won't get it without another big drop.
If a big drop happens, we all have a great chance of it automatically getting pushed.
3.3 is already out to about 55% of testers, so the next round should get almost everyone

I have a bug in 11.3.3 that won't let me engage randomly. It will flash the wheel like 10 times fast and if I hit it at the right time it will engage.

The best addition is the new creep. It's so smooth.
When that happens, press the voice button and say "bug report". Note the date/time you did that. Open a service ticket and reference the bug report which gives the service tech access to telemetry and diagnostics at the time of the issue.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Wouldn't it be great if the opposite were true, the more you check or open the app on your phone the quicker you get it? Although that would incentive some unfortunate behaviors of people just checking all the time and then I still wouldn't get it...
It would never happen because that makes perfect sense that the most eager wouldn’t be the ones to get it, according to Tesla dog fecal logic

Edit: burned my check at 8:30pm PST. Still nothing. I hope other EVs catch up and sink Tesla.

I have a bug in 11.3.3 that won't let me engage randomly. It will flash the wheel like 10 times fast and if I hit it at the right time it will engage.
Were you near the edge of the road surface? FSD won't engage if that's true. Chuck Cook showed this on one of his videos, and I ran into it as well - after a fashion. I describe it in item 2 of the following post.

On my drive, I wonder if the road got narrow enough that FSD declared it a non-road and so slammed on the brakes. I disengaged to recover and continue. Afterwards, the road was still "too narrow", so FSD wouldn't engage, but it was almost wide enough because I also got the occasional flash of the steering wheel. When I got down that road a bit and it widened out, FSD became available again.

Has anyone gotten Autopark to work on the V11 builds? I remember seeing some report that it was re-enabled again but I have not yet seen any offers to use Autopark after backing into 3 different clearly marked stalls. It's still broken afaik.
It surprised me today - reversing into a marked perpendicular spot at work, no cars next to it and it offered to park for me. Never seen that before. Did a good job too. 2020 Model S. 11.3.3

Last edited:
Agree 100%... until you see another major dump on teslafi, don't burn one 😉
If you weren't in the que yesterday, you won't get it without another big drop.
If a big drop happens, we all have a great chance of it automatically getting pushed.
3.3 is already out to about 55% of testers, so the next round should get almost everyone
Right! 92%!

As of right now, 11:25 pm on 3/27, , for 11.3.3 TeslaFi shows 295 pending. But there are 3,199 (69.25.2) + 309 (69.25.1) + 215 (69.25) = 3,719 of us on prior FSD releases. That means that each of us has a 295 / 3,719 chance, or an 8% chance of being among those who have been selected but not yet installed 11.3.3.

So I will wait till tomorrow to check, and then only if there is a new wave of "pending" added to the new 11.3.3 release.