Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Hi,

No, V 2023.7.5 contains FSD 11.4.1, so they are sending 2023.7.5. it's a slow roll at the moment. I'm not sure if 11.4.1 will go wide.

I think you have a newer SW version than FSD is on, and they rarely will send an older version that overwrites a newer version number (2023.7.5 < 2023.12.100) However, that 100 suffix may be a temp number, so I'm not sure if they'd push it to you or not. Most others here know more than I do about this issue.

I never said it was worth $15k just that the capability would be nice.
I drive a 2 hour round trip every week and wouldn't it be nice if Tesla allowed the display to be used for Netfix etc without the concern a state trooper would pull me over on the highway. You'd be surprised how long some people are in their cars for weekend trips or simply sitting in traffic and hour plus each day. And with the push to have people go back to the office car time will only increase.

Yeah I'm just speaking for the average American who drives ~10 hours per week.

Yeah I'm just speaking for the average American who drives ~10 hours per week.

Do you consider your personal time worth less than $5 an hour

Because $200/mo for an FSD that let you do other things while the car drives you those 10 hours seems a no brainer by any math I can think of unless you consider your own time virtually worthless, or have so little going on you have literally nothing more useful than driving you could be doing in those 10 hours.

If you DO consider your own time worth less than $5 an hour I've got some lawn work I'd like to hire you for :)

Strong disagree.

$200/mo that could let you entirely eliminate owning a second or third car for example if it can be remotely sent places or remotely summoned... could take your kids to/from school and sports events and friends houses and the movies and anywhere else without you needing to drive them or pick them up OR worry about your teen driving themselves and crashing... -- not to mention folks being able to go out for an evening and drink without concern for getting home safely, or enable your car to drive you while you sleep on a long trip?

Mind you- I don't think current HW is actually capable of it-- but if it were it'd be a massive driver of Tesla revenue even before you got to ridesharing.
I got rid of my second car years ago because I determined Uber was cheaper.

New to the forum here. What is the image above telling me? That FSD 11.4.1 is rolling out to all cars with software version 2023.7.5? I just picked up my first Tesla and have 2023.12.100.

Tesla has their conventional software/firmware version with the YYYY.WW.# (Year, Week of year) and then on the ones that are in the FSD 'fork' (unique software path) have a number software version (think Windows 10).

You're software/firmware version is 5 weeks ahead of the FSD fork (.12. vs .7.). If you want FSD you have to wait for it to catch up. ie. you can put off OTA updating.

Teslafi Firmware page: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Do you ever feel like your car is driving too close to the curb?

Normally, my car does a great job of staying within the lane. However, there are times when I get a bit nervous because in certain areas, the car seems very close to the curb or cars parked on the street. This tends to be more noticeable on narrow streets or streets with sharp curves. When I check the camera view, it always shows that the car is perfectly centered in the lane. But personally, I would feel more comfortable with a greater safety buffer, especially when there's enough space on the other side.
This is my beef with FSD. FSD should always keep the tires about 1 to 1.5 feet to the left lane marker except when making right turns.

Reactions: Ravioli
Tell that to Elon who every year announces that FSD will be solved by the end of the year since 2016. He said it again at the investor meeting.
Here is a video from the David Faber Elon Musk CNBC interview when Musk says "I think, I'm my opinion, we probably will" have FSD full by the end of the year. Not very promising IMO.
Tell that to Elon who every year announces that FSD will be solved by the end of the year since 2016. He said it again at the investor meeting.
At 14:08 Faber discusses FSD with Musk. Musk says "I think, in my opinion, we probably will" have it this year. Not committing at all in my opinion.

Here is a video from the David Faber Elon Musk CNBC interview when Musk says "I think, I'm my opinion, we probably will" have FSD full by the end of the year. Not very promising IMO.

At 14:08 Faber discusses FSD with Musk. Musk says "I think, in my opinion, we probably will" have it this year. Not committing at all in my opinion.
He said "This year or next" during the meeting, so maybe he's learning.

• Funny
Reactions: sleepydoc