Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
TeslaFI latest comparison (to your config) now has FSD version on it and gives you an idea if other similar vehicles are on the "newer" FSD.

My 2017 X and there are other similar configs on "newer" FSDs.

Below via: TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger
kYNkH7z.jpg
I’m not a FED subscriber, but rather a dumb purchaser. The data you refer to doesn’t help me as Teslafi doesn’t differentiate/segregate FSD subscriber vs purchaser.

Just to remind us that all of us have wildly different experiences, mine regularly cuts off other cars while changing lanes. This was on 11.3.6 and now on 11.4.7
and @Ramphex 's autowipers don't work at all and mine work flawlessly.......when I turn them on every drive.

Just to remind us that all of us have wildly different experiences, mine regularly cuts off other cars while changing lanes. This was on 11.3.6 and now on 11.4.7
I have been using beta for 2 years now. Probably 30k miles on it. No matter what version we have had since 10.3, I have learned when to be hyper vigilant when the car is approaching a scenario where it could fail. I usually have both hands firmly on the yoke and foot hovering over brake or accelerator. The rest of the time, feet relaxed, one hand on yoke, with loose grip.

However, yesterday it did something it has never done with me. I was 200 yards from an intersection with traffic control lights and in the left lane of a 2 lane road
Driving about 35 mph, and the car was going to be taking a left. There was some traffic backed up so it was about to slow down any second. There was a full size F250 directly beside me to my right. Out of nowhere, the car jumped towards the truck. I just caught it in time as my right wheels were just touching the white line before I could intervene.

Had I not had at least one hand on the yoke I definitely would of side swiped that truck. I did hit the record button and will upload the clip if I can figure it out.

I am on 11.4.7, and this was the first "surprising " maneuver that I have ever seen.
All the rest of interventions and disengagements are pretty easy to anticipate.

So just a warning ⚠️ to all of the FSD posse.... it got me thinking, what If it did that on a 2 way road and moved towards an oncoming vehicle.. Bad things, bad things.

The Wall Street Journal did a “less than flattering” piece on Elon Musk today, related to Twitter. It offers insights into how he runs Tesla, I think. Also, this YouTube video from the Wall Street Journal on Tesla FSDb is now four weeks old, and may have already been discussed, but just in case people have not seen it, it is worth the five minutes of your life you lose by watching it.

Also…

K
It may be that cameras just don't have the capability to accurately assess image artifacts with 100% confidence. It may also be the reason why Autopilot and FSD are not successful to the extent of L4 confidence in reducing phantom braking. You need 100% accuracy in use case life and death situations like this with a static object. You can't just run into an object and kill someone and say well it works 99% of the time. That's why best case this gets to L3 but that is still years and several HW upgrades away. I'm not an expert on these things and I know Sandy Munro has talked about the accuracy of FLIR. I think this is a perfect example of why a human being can assess a situation much better than what is currently available.

It may be that cameras just don't have the capability to accurately assess image artifacts with 100% confidence. It may also be the reason why Autopilot and FSD are not successful to the extent of L4 confidence in reducing phantom braking. You need 100% accuracy in use case life and death situations like this with a static object. You can't just run into an object and kill someone and say well it works 99% of the time. That's why best case this gets to L3 but that is still years and several HW upgrades away. I'm not an expert on these things and I know Sandy Munro has talked about the accuracy of FLIR. I think this is a perfect example of why a human being can assess a situation much better than what is currently available.
but of course the man child EM has already put his proverbial "foot in mouth" by declaring cameras are the way and the only way...

I’m not a FED subscriber, but rather a dumb purchaser. The data you refer to doesn’t help me as Teslafi doesn’t differentiate/segregate FSD subscriber vs purchaser.
I'm a purchaser as well.
I don't follow how that info it is related to purchaser or subscriber.
It is just saying similar vehicles to 'yours' have these FSD versions that you in theory should be able to get as well ... in terms of them being compatible.

• Disagree
Reactions: jebinc
Not with FSD Beta on.
I'm a purchaser as well.
It is just saying similar vehicles to 'yours' have these FSD versions that you in theory should be able to get as well ... in terms of them being compatible.
If you were on 23.7.x and purchased FSD Beta you are STUCK on 23.7.x and you CAN'T get any other version.

Last edited:
I have been using beta for 2 years now. Probably 30k miles on it. No matter what version we have had since 10.3, I have learned when to be hyper vigilant when the car is approaching a scenario where it could fail. I usually have both hands firmly on the yoke and foot hovering over brake or accelerator. The rest of the time, feet relaxed, one hand on yoke, with loose grip.

However, yesterday it did something it has never done with me. I was 200 yards from an intersection with traffic control lights and in the left lane of a 2 lane road
Driving about 35 mph, and the car was going to be taking a left. There was some traffic backed up so it was about to slow down any second. There was a full size F250 directly beside me to my right. Out of nowhere, the car jumped towards the truck. I just caught it in time as my right wheels were just touching the white line before I could intervene.

Had I not had at least one hand on the yoke I definitely would of side swiped that truck. I did hit the record button and will upload the clip if I can figure it out.

I am on 11.4.7, and this was the first "surprising " maneuver that I have ever seen.
All the rest of interventions and disengagements are pretty easy to anticipate.

So just a warning ⚠️ to all of the FSD posse.... it got me thinking, what If it did that on a 2 way road and moved towards an oncoming vehicle.. Bad things, bad things.
Something similar to that exact scenarios happened to me on 27 today going to Winterhaven. wtf?

I'm a purchaser as well.
Wrong. Those that you see are subscriptions. Moving on….