Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I keep seeing people stressing about 'burning their daily check.' First, it's not clear whether that makes any difference at all in how fast you get the update. Beyond that, is it really that big of a deal that you have to wait an extra day? Yeah, there may be some new features coming but I've been driving my car as it is for the last few months and even the wipers haven't make it underivable.
me too. it is silly. I show current as of Dec. 3. no daily for me. but when I was getting daily checks, I'd still get the update after "I burned it", so checking the software sub menu has no effect on the push process, imo. just more nonsense to do drama over

I'm not familiar with the tech term "borked". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What symptoms do you see?

I still use Tidal via Bluetooth so I can shuffle songs.
1) It’s broken. Tapping on songs in playlists doesn’t work properly and just reverts to an unrelated track.

2) Consider using the built-in app when they get it sorted, the sound quality is considerably better than via Bluetooth.

WilliamG, yes agree but when you are given assurances in writing one would believe that it would be delivered.
In general, yes. Not with Tesla. Not even slightly with Tesla.
Well, maybe.... I bought a Plaid with Radar and USS, and they physically disconnected my radar - and without my consent (during a SC visit for another matter). Next, USS may be disabled and replaced with "High Fidelity Parking".... So, even if we buy the car with features (based on what it has at that point), is no guarantee that they will remain...
That’s also true, but at least you did have those features at one point. If Tesla dares remove my USS in software, I will lose it. They can then fix the holes in my bumper. Actually, they can just buy back my car.

Tidal is completely borked for me on 44.30.1 and I hope that’s one thing they fixed in these later builds.
Initially I was wondering which FSD feature Tidal was - then I figured with >14k posts and >720 pages, this thread can cover anything it wants :D:cool:
Personally I'm hoping I don't get moved from 11.4.8.1 to 11.4.9, but also wondering what comes next.
I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to re-break what they fixed with the wipers

In general, yes. Not with Tesla. Not even slightly with Tesla.

That’s also true, but at least you did have those features at one point. If Tesla dares remove my USS in software, I will lose it. They can then fix the holes in my bumper. Actually, they can just buy back my car.
You should prepare grabbing your ankles now, as I'm 99% confident (at some point) USS will be disabled and you will be told TeslaVision replaces.... wait for (sh) it...

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
What if Tesla drivers drive more miles per year than Ram drivers? I mean besides infinitely lower fuel cost. Oh, right, lower accidents per driver.

Then there is selection bias: which of Tesla drivers use Lending Tree?
I like what the 2nd article said: "with a name like RAM Stellantis is just asking for trouble!"

Or simply that Tesla's automatic collision prevention systems (those relying on vision only) are not adequate enough - especially once you control for the fact that it's a much more fun car to drive than a Ram. Honestly I wouldn't read much into this. You can't compare accident rate between a sports car and a truck.
My belief is that cars aren't accident prone, drivers are. My sister has totaled 3 cars in the last 10 years. All of them Priuses.

Golden rule of buying a Tesla is never, ever, ever buy one with the promise of X or Y feature coming soon. Only ever buy one knowing what it comes with today.
To be fair, many ordered based of the website still showing these features and were surprised by a message in their app that the configuration had changed to vision only, and even though you could back out and lose the deposit, most were too far involved to do so.

To be fair, many ordered based of the website still showing these features and were surprised by a message in their app that the configuration had changed to vision only, and even though you could back out and lose the deposit, most were too far involved to do so.
Yep. And that’s yet another barrel of crap Tesla shovels at you. If they did that earlier in the process more people would back out. Fewer sales aren’t good for business.

Virtually no one or literally no one? I'm on 11.4.8.1 and literally have not gotten an update yet.
In TeslaFi, of the 5,300 cars on 2023.44.30.x, 400 came from 2023.27.x. These include 11.4.8.x and a few 11.7.3, basically the fed beta testers.

So, I'd say that literally, virtually no one.

No 2023.27's at all have yet installed 2023.44.30.4, the latest and largest batches yet.

After a promising start with .2, testers stopped getting updates altogether. So we are still "special", at least for now.