Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I wonder if this new recall for 2021-2023 s and x have anything to do with Tesla pulling the previous recall. I don't think it does as they would just pull it from a and x instead of pulling from the whole fleet?

It definitely feels like the eye of the government is on tesla more than others. 3 recalls in such short time. The autopilot one, this one, and I just got another recall notice about my car reading brake fluid levels. I wonder if they are mad tesla can address these with OTA. There is a type of tyranny where laws are written in such a way that nearly everyone is breaking them, but the law is only enforced against political enemies. I hope that's not happening here.

I'm still on 11.4.8.1. So, I don't think i have any of these recalls addressed on my car yet.

It definitely feels like the eye of the government is on tesla more than others. 3 recalls in such short time. The autopilot one, this one, and I just got another recall notice about my car reading brake fluid levels. I wonder if they are mad tesla can address these with OTA. There is a type of tyranny where laws are written in such a way that nearly everyone is breaking them, but the law is only enforced against political enemies. I hope that's not happening here.

I'm still on 11.4.8.1. So, I don't think i have any of these recalls addressed on my car yet.
Plenty of recalls against other cars. You just may not notice them.

It’s no wonder, as the ketamine soaked CEO keeps taking shots at the government and its regulators. Both from Telsa and SpaceX chairs.

Light rain in this morning's drive and 2023.44.30.2 wipers worked great.

That's great, but mine suddenly came on after dark last night on a road trip home (clear weather). Kept getting a single swipe every couple of seconds. There were a lot of oncoming headlights at the time. Finally had to manually turn the wipers off. This was on 44.30.2 as well.

Data point:

I've mentioned that my son's MY, new HW4 car, was one of a few of those that got 2023.27.12 = FSD 11 4.7.3 which was otherwise almost all for long-time FSD testers. He did not pay but has trial FSD ublntil mid-January.

This car got 2023.44.30.6 this morning, its first holiday update, directly from 2023.27.12.

So for whatever reason, it's been an outlier in the TeslaFi stats. Perhaps for some configuration testing of performance or compatibility.

That's great, but mine suddenly came on after dark last night on a road trip home (clear weather). Kept getting a single swipe every couple of seconds. There were a lot of oncoming headlights at the time. Finally had to manually turn the wipers off. This was on 44.30.2 as well.
My wipers were off as well before the rain started so you may be on to something.

Data point:

I've mentioned that my son's MY, new HW4 car, was one of a few of those that got 2023.27.12 = FSD 11 4.7.3 which was otherwise almost all for long-time FSD testers. He did not pay but has trial FSD ublntil mid-January.

This car got 2023.44.30.6 this morning, its first holiday update, directly from 2023.27.12.

So for whatever reason, it's been an outlier in the TeslaFi stats. Perhaps for some configuration testing of performance or compatibility.
2023.27.12 = FSDj 11.4.8.1, not 11.4.7.3

MY, new HW4 car … got 2023.44.30.6 this morning, its first holiday update, directly from 2023.27.12
That matches up with TeslaFi showing all Model Ys getting 2023.44.30.6 so far are HW4. Similarly all the Model 3s getting this version are HW4 / Highland, and other HW4 for S/X are outside of US/Canada. Hopefully expanded testing of FSD Beta 11.4.9 with HW4 on Ys means HW4 S/X will be following soon.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
The 11.4.9 update seems to have entirely cured my car’s habit of slamming on the brakes for cars erroneously highlighted in adjacent lanes, both on FSDb and legacy autopilot.

I’ve only tried it on my regular commute route so far but I’m really thrilled. I don’t care about FSDb much and doubt it will ever work as advertised but even legacy autopilot has been broken for me for nearly a year.

Wipers still suck on my car but it’s no longer dry wiping on clear days. It does dry wipe at night when the roads are wet, however. An improvement I suppose.

It's called continuous integration/continuous delivery, but it seems Tesla mainly use employee vehicle for testings, functions like wipers or any non FSD related functions probably don't have any internal system tests until it is deployed. At least this is not critical like the space mission. and no government agency will take drastic measures against Tesla making frequent updates or when it will make the updates, imagine if it requires going to the service center to perform an update like the old days, then it will make everyone angry.

In the 90s, there is a well known telco company and one engineer fat fingered and swapped two bytes of a patch, the result is a domino effect of breaking all the switches along the path impacting the entire country. The Fed eventually threatened to seize control if it ever happened again and not resolved in a very very very short time.

Well this is a first for FSD. Ever since 10.3.x it has been unable to get close to getting me home on my "south" route.
11.4.9 just successfully navigated the south route home for me without steering intervention. I had to push go a few times and use indicators to get it back in the correct lane, but it handled everything else. That is a significant improvement from all the previous releases.
Previously it would sit at one of the several yield signs at a complete stop with the steering wheel spinning, or it would spend upwards of 5-10 seconds at stop signs or just flat take the wrong route.
The wipers even worked properly yesterday.
Now all I need is the AC to be working correctly.

That was my experience this morning, too. And after the sun came up they did more flapping than a flock of panicked seagulls.