Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, my sig is still being built, a week in. Due to being a sig red?

- - - Updated - - -

Production Complete! :)

Now it'll be interesting to see how long to ship & prep. A colleague who just waited 7 months for a Mercedes tells me that they kept his car for ages after production until they had enough to make up a shipment. I'd assume that Tesla will send a batch.
Congrats!!
Well, we have been told by Linda that sigs will definitely be delivered first. My guess is that all these current cars will come over on the same ship, and be prepped and delivered in order. Makes a mockery of the premium charged for sigs being early delivery, but there you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!!
Well, we have been told by Linda that sigs will definitely be delivered first. My guess is that all these current cars will come over on the same ship, and be prepped and delivered in order. Makes a mockery of the premium charged for sigs being early delivery, but there you go.

But they haven't been delivered early - that should have happened years ago.

Conversely I'd be concerned if they delay production orders just to simulate "early delivery". I didn't sign up to this to participate as a queue waiter (I'm not that British!), and I won't.

Really looking forward to this not being an issue in our market soon. This must be real old now for most people on this forum.

Delivery of P85D to start from June 2015 in Australia
Delivery of Model S Signatures "highly likely" in New Year, "working very hard" to get it before Xmas this year
Lease negotations are on for Melbourne Service Centre
Most likely QLD will be next, East Coast is high priority

Unable to disclose the source.
Able to give a direction in Melbourne? North, east?

I have a fully loaded Sig P85+ "In Transit". When the D was announced I quickly dismissed the thought of reordering - maybe I would have thought differently if I was in the production queue but still probably would have kept the P85+. Mainly because I don't want to add any further delay.....

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!!

I never expected the Sigs to be dramatically earlier once things kicked in - but that they'd be available in exclusive colours (love the sig red), and would be signed. That being said with production running the way that it is now I don't want the cars sitting waiting for delivery to simulate a gap. If they'd have delivered your car straight after going into production rather than waiting and rebuilding then Id have hoped that you'd be driving now. Oh well. In December it'll be 2 years 11 months after putting a deposit down for me.

- - - Updated - - -

My D order is now showing on My Tesla. :)

$206, 518 fully loaded on the road in SA.
Ouch, but congrats. Mind you, its a great price compared to most of the competition. I particularly like that the Australia tax other makes put on hasn't been copied by Tesla. Now if only there were tax incentives here.

Hey Gizmonty and other Melbourne folk - I just got a call from Tesla and said that they are aiming for Dec delivery (pre Xmas) for my non-sig production car. Hope that puts people's minds more at ease. Cheers, Tim.

Good news ! - Thanks for the info. Was it from Tesla US or Local?

If they are aiming to have production deliveries before 31 December, we could have our very own Quarter end rush. Would be great to have a massive increase in the Teslas on the roads! (I was going to say explosion, but somehow it didn't sound right...)