Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t believe the verbiage has anything to do. I have all my info filled out, Registration, Trade-In, Payment, Insurance and mine doesn’t say Prepare for Delivery.

Prepare for Delivery literally means finish filling out your items in your checklist. In his case, it’s the Trade-In that’s still being evaluated. Once that’s done, Prepare for Delivery will disappear.

I think it depends on two things: when you submitted your order and if you were a transfer over from an existing Model S order. I don't believe anyone who ordered in the time frame that I did (beginning of Feb) has "prepare for delivery". I believe we all have "March".

1615324244777.png

My profile is not loading payment method... I wonder if they took it down to include $2K credit?

I don’t believe the verbiage has anything to do. I have all my info filled out, Registration, Trade-In, Payment, Insurance and mine doesn’t say Prepare for Delivery.

Prepare for Delivery literally means finish filling out your items in your checklist. In his case, it’s the Trade-In that’s still being evaluated. Once that’s done, Prepare for Delivery will disappear.
I agree. Mine has said "Prepare for Delivery" ever since I completed the info for which they asked - so effectively within five minutes of ordering. As with the dates that appear and disappear then reappear, etc, the "Status" seems rather meaningless.

“Once that’s done, Prepare for Delivery will disappear.”

This statement is definitely Not true. I had all of the same things filled out very early on and my 1/1/21 order arbitrarily changed from 2/27 delivery to prepare for delivery randomly.

In the second photo - the driver is giving you a slightly "who the hell are you taking a picture of this vehicle" kind of glance.

If this person is out there driving around in a test mule for a highly anticipated car finally being refreshed after nearly a decade, built by one of the hottest car companies on the planet, and isn't expecting attention, they should probably find a new job. 🙃

Last edited:
So since none of us have heard a damn thing, do we want to pass the time by taking guesses at the surprises @Ribeyesteak's contact mentioned?

My guesses:

- Model S LR only has an 85-90kWh battery and is now the most efficient EV on the market (explains the weight reduction and faster than Model 3 charging speeds)

- All new visualizations thanks to either HW4 or the GPU (no more lines and cars jumping around all over the place - much more advanced graphics)

- Works with Xbox Game Pass (for video games)

- Screen in the back can be popped out and pulled up to eye level

- Comes with a rear and front megacasting, significantly reduce parts

- Battery has new system to improve cold weather performance.

Anyone else?