Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this long wait is really getting to some people. Some of the speculations are out there, like 500 miles @75mph. Seriously?
Maybe 500 miles could be possible driving at 75kph (45mph.) Apparently the Taycan can go 300+ miles if driven at slower speeds and being easy the accelerator. If you drive it super aggressive, then might be good for 100 miles.
Maybe the refresh is similar; if driven slow and easy at say 45-60mph, 500 could be possible but only 200-250 miles driving super aggressive. Just a thought
Edit: with the 19” wheels and aero caps on ha

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
A nephew who is a physical therapist says a couple of Kaiser doctors at the hospital he works are driving brand new S’s. I asked him to take photos on Monday to confirm horizontal displays and yoke steering. He says the docs got them a month or so ago. Is Tesla maybe prioritizing healthcare pros?
How would they know who is a doctor?
He knows the 2 people. They could be driving pre-refresh S's, which is my hope. I'd hate to think that Tesla plays favorites this way.

All the more reason for tesla to have better medium for messaging new features. They would be in such a better place if they had cohesive strategy on informing current and would be customers

Oh, I have an idea!!!!!

What if Elon does some kind of event or call to discuss all the details, specs, features? Maybe he could give us heads-up the event is coming - like maybe he announces the event on the earnings call? To be held “a couple weeks later”?

Maybe something like that might work?

He knows the 2 people. They could be driving pre-refresh S's, which is my hope. I'd hate to think that Tesla plays favorites this way.
I think you are giving Tesla CRM too much credit--if it was anything like this, maybe its a doc that some Tesla exec knows personally. But, given the apparent concerns expressed about safety, I'd be surprised if anyone outside of the Tesla family has gotten their hands on a refresh S.

I hereby decreee SOMETHING will happen in the next two weeks!!!!

I have had a buyer for my 2019 Raven Refresh Ludicrous since I placed my order on 1/1/21 for the (knew it was coming) new Model S Refresh. I have hem and hawed and he is really pushing to take delivery of my car.

I have (somewhat reluctantly) agreed to sell him my car on 5/14/21 and rent a car until my new S arrives.

So….Universe…GoodKarma….Divine Intervention….whatever whomever else may be listening…. 🙏🙏🙏🏻….may I please have my VIN in the next two weeks? 🤣😂🤣

Reality is 😳😅😤

Order # RN11433769# placed 1/1/21 …….I got nothing but a “-“ for my delivery date. At least that populated Friday

Last edited:
That’s when I’ll know it’s real - When the videos are updated. A person has to have some idea how the car will function who -
1) has never owned one and/or 2) doesn’t live in a large metro area to test drive.

I ordered online site unknown/unseen, in fact, i didn’t know it had been refreshed until I joined this forum. I just knew that AMG could not build my car in time to replace my current lease and i picked up my phone and ordered this.

That’s when I’ll know it’s real - When the videos are updated. A person has to have some idea how the car will function who -
1) has never owned one and/or 2) doesn’t live in a large metro area to test drive.

I ordered online site unknown/unseen, in fact, i didn’t know it had been refreshed until I joined this forum. I just knew that AMG could not build my car in time to replace my current lease and i picked up my phone and ordered this.
The videos came well after first deliveries for the S in 2012 and X in 2016. I’d say Tesla has their act together better now, but they don’t. I’d expect deliveries before videos. The cars aren’t hard to figure out, regardless of no stalks, etc. That’s one of the reasons they’re so compelling. I would love to be wrong. In order to make a video, you need a working production car though…

For deliveries in June/July (new orders) and possibly earlier May for existing orders, we may begin to see some VIN assignments as early as this week.

This means, the content (Meet your Tesla, Manuals etc) may be updated also.
“From your mouth to God’s ear” as is said when one wishes for just that. 🙏🏻 But, I have to be a little skeptical when all of our Tesla accounts either still say July or have a - or simply blank. If we see Tesla accounts change to May and we hear of VINs being assigned, I will believe that. Still thinking 6-8 weeks from now for me and many of us which would be mid-late June; perhaps before July indeed but not sure about May yet. Let’s see what happens in the next 1-2 weeks. 👍🏻