Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or you can just stop worrying about the battery and love the BMS...
That's what I chose. I have a tendency to go a bit CDO (similar to OCD, but in the correct alphabetical order), and as such, have never started down the battery health rabbit hole; monkey charges the car, monkey drives the car. Monkey charges car before car stops. Monkey eats bananas while waiting at supercharger.

It's worked out pretty well so far, although I can no longer stand bananas.

Hello all. Can you guys share what interior cleaner you are using? What I have tried so far on my MS LR with black interior leaves dark streaks even when it dries. Now perhaps I'm not spending 3 hours making sure i have a perfect even application of cleaner on every surface. No, I'm a normal person who just wants to spray something on a micro fiber, wipe it and be done. LOL. The first time I washed my car I used Armor All on the inside. Big mistake as it left dark streaks and patches everywhere. I thought this look would just go away as it dried. But it didn't. So I did some research and saw that many Tesla owners found that "CAR GUYS SUPER CLEANER" works great. So I ordered it and tried it. It was much better that Armor All but the CAR GUYS stuff STILL left dark patches and streaks as if it needed to dry more. The only way to get rid of the look it to spray more on and wipe it more and hope it looks even with no dark areas. Its kinda frustrating and much more effort. Gotta be better way.
Yeah, don't use Armor All.

My experience with our X is not use thing that leave stuff behind for protection, shine, etc., so using the same regimen with the new S. Try simple water with clean microfiber cloths for everyday clearing. For something a little stronger, I have had good luck with Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner (spray on MF, wipe the panel).

Still don't get why they removed wood trim from the plaid.... Unless there is a new version coming out soon.
Originally, the trim options were fixed: the Plaid came with CF and the LR came with wood. When they were having the CF supply chain issues, they opened up the wood as an option for Plaid order, apparently so they could get deliveries moving. Seems that is no longer concern, so back to the original options.

I have been researching this as well. All of the "protectants" have the problem with leaving streaks. You just gotta wipe it down evenly and well. It's not that hard, but needs a little more attention than cleaning. That is why I try to use something that is not a combo clean/protectant, but rather, just a cleaner. This way, I can easily clean the car, and only periodically use a protectant. And, when I do I use something that is not glossy like Armor all (great for tires though).

For cleaners, my research tells me that, yes baby wipes (great for cleaning on the fly), but for regular cleaning either Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner, or 303 Cleaner
For protectant, the #1 recommendation on this forums has been 303 Protectant
Yep, Aerospace 303 is the stuff to use, after cleaning.

I beat the rated range quite a few times in spring and fall. Not even trying to. As long as you’re alone in the car, fair weather and no big hills you should get the rated range or very close.

I do try...292 wh/mi over 26k miles.

Tips.. nav to a SuC with a pack less than 90 deg will turn on the battery heater. Turning up the temp more than one deg at a time, or using split climate will turn on the PTC heater.

Drafting semi trucks at TACC of 4 for about 30 miles out of 100 yesterday got 240wh/mi average for the trip.

The highway consumption on my car is very close to the LR with 19"

Stock blue, with white interior and arachnid rims. Bonus pick of my son's recently restored 1971 mustang in the background

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 84
Ok so update. I have 2 VINs but only one is published to my account (both MF). One is in production, the other “appears to be sitting in the Fremont parking lot” I hope I’m not waiting for the second one to be produced before they ship the first one on the same truck lol

You know there is a parking lot by the train tracks in Fremont? Has a bad reputation.

I'd choose the second one myself.

BTW, I am hearing from multiple sources that you can delay delivery up to 6 months.

I plan on doing that if it appears that I will get an EOQ delivery.

I do try...292 wh/mi over 26k miles.

Tips.. nav to a SuC with a pack less than 90 deg will turn on the battery heater. Turning up the temp more than one deg at a time, or using split climate will turn on the PTC heater.

Drafting semi trucks at TACC of 4 for about 30 miles out of 100 yesterday got 240wh/mi average for the trip.

The highway consumption on my car is very close to the LR with 19"
Yes, I agree with what Mr. Aerodyne says above. 😬 Also, garage and car covers for me too. Probably will never wash my MSPlaid.