Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my MSLR (Ultra Red, Black interior, 19" wheels, reg. steering wheel) Nov. 18.
EDD hovered around 12/11-12/31 for a while. Now it's ticking down, with 12/31 staying as the latest estimate day. Currently 12/26-12/31.
Have a VIN, confirmed factory gated on 12/20. Just waiting for it to make it to the showroom I guess!
Wierd I ordered the same combo on Nov 14 and my wait time is jan 20- march 4 from original Dec 4-31

I feel like more than 95% of the average Joe Shmo buying a Tesla does not care about the stuff that makes all of us tick here on these them message boards. Grug see neighbor with Tesla, Grug buy bigger faster Tesla.
I agree. I would think that 70% of Tesla consumers wont look at panel gaps, think about front bumper cameras/RGB lighting or care about VIN#s. They just want a Tesla and aren’t going to geek out on it like all of us.

My buddy just ordered a Model 3 and has pick up on the 30th. I told him he should wait for the Highland. He said he didn’t care about the new model and liked the car as is.

I agree. I would think that 70% of Tesla consumers wont look at panel gaps, think about front bumper cameras/RGB lighting or care about VIN#s. They just want a Tesla and aren’t going to geek out on it like all of us.

My buddy just ordered a Model 3 and has pick up on the 30th. I told him he should wait for the Highland. He said he didn’t care about the new model and liked the car as is.
Wow I wouldnt be able to order a soon-to-be-dated version knowingly at a presumably same price

Ordered 11/28. MSP Ultra Red 19" cream and steering wheel.

Yesterday my EDD changed to Jan - Feb 2024.

This morning I have a VIN assigned: PF531xxx. Surprise.

I have requested a build date.

Crappy weather here in Chicagoland this weekend. Curious how much pressure there will be to have delivery this Fri/Sat to keep this in 2023.

Reactions: dn325ci and dsm363

Crappy weather here in Chicagoland this weekend. Curious how much pressure there will be to have delivery this Fri/Sat to keep this in 2023.
I believe you can push it back a week or two once but doesn't mean you'll end up with a different car or 2024 VIN. Only sure way likely would be to cancel and reorder.

Your exact build is available in the current inventory at this time.

I ordered an MSP 11/24, no vin, estimated delivery gets pushed every day, now 12/28-/12/31. I won't take the car if its not a 2024 vin at this point, might eat the $250 in exchange for $2-4K in resale value down the road for a 2024, I will delay or reorder. Since Tesla doesn't really change the car on model years, no reason they shouldn't issue 2024 vins now, or they could lower the price of a 2023 or raise it for a 2024, they need to differentiate it or plenty will cancel.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot and teko
I ordered an MSP 11/24, no vin, estimated delivery gets pushed every day, now 12/28-/12/31. I won't take the car if its not a 2024 vin at this point, might eat the $250 in exchange for $2-4K in resale value down the road for a 2024, I will delay or reorder. Since Tesla doesn't really change the car on model years, no reason they shouldn't issue 2024 vins now, or they could lower the price of a 2023 or raise it for a 2024, they need to differentiate it or plenty will cancel.
I have to be careful due to the "no discount" on the FUSC transfer.

I thought about trying for a free wall charger (I still have a Gen 1) as I heard there some discretion on awarding those for cust sat issues like getting a 2023 in January or getting summer tires on a car in Jan...

Hopefully and Q1 promotion or price change or new hardware addition/deletion will be announced early in Jan before my delivery to avoid FOMO.

Bummer. I ordered 11/10, MSP Ultra Red, 19", black interior and wheel. I got a '23 VIN Dec 1, put on hold through Dec 15. No new VIN yet, thankfully.