Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice with .18 that the follow distance has increased in Autopilot? I've always kept it at 1 unless I'm following a motorcycle and then I set to 2. Even at 1 now, I feel sooo far away from the car ahead that it's almost embarrassing. And of course people have no problem lane changing in front of me now all the time. Plus, I want lane switching into and out of the HOV to come back! Will not lane change over solid lines anymore and it's what I miss the most now.

And, as a note, looks like 18.1 was perhaps only for certain cars? Hard to tell, not rolling at all, and 18 is still coming to a lot more cars.

upload_2018-5-10_13-47-0.png

Not to derail this further (sure, why not....), but please enlighten this poor east coaster.... What's a 'tax' ticket? :D
In California, a speeding ticket is a $25 “base fee” + $200 in miscellaneous taxes.

In general taxes approximately double the quoted fine for a ticket.

Isn’t it wonderful? It’s the opposite of ticket early ticket often. Here it’s “you get away with it for decades and then one ticket bankrupts you and puts you on a payment plan”

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
In California, a speeding ticket is a $25 “base fee” + $200 in miscellaneous taxes.

In general taxes approximately double the quoted fine for a ticket.

Isn’t it wonderful? It’s the opposite of ticket early ticket often. Here it’s “you get away with it for decades and then one ticket bankrupts you and puts you on a payment plan”
Hm.... To quote Bruce Willis,... F'ing California! :D

Hm.... To quote Bruce Willis,... F'ing California! :D
Haha, so I only know about crossing a solid white line because one of my friends got ticketed for doing so on a Saturday (where HOV restrictions were not technically in effect but it's still a HOV lane even if everyone is welcome).

The final cost of the ticket was something over $900. He contested it in court and lost (understandable — the law simply states you cannot cross the white or double white lines).

The crazy thing is, before his story, I had been violating that law on and off for years, completely unaware that the rule applies.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Haha, so I only know about crossing a solid white line because one of my friends got ticketed for doing so on a Saturday (where HOV restrictions were not technically in effect but it's still a HOV lane even if everyone is welcome).

The final cost of the ticket was something over $900. He contested it in court and lost (understandable — the law simply states you cannot cross the white or double white lines).

The crazy thing is, before his story, I had been violating that law on and off for years, completely unaware that the rule applies.
Yeah, I never would have thought that counted with no HOV rules, but, perhaps solid is solid. Good to know if I'm ever out that way!

I just got this update on AP2, came from 2018.12. Have not tested driving at all yet, but did notice subtle font changes. Maps and routing performance both seem slightly better, though not mind blowingly different. Overall the MCU feels somewhat faster by initial impression, but I still don't think it's anywhere near the Model 3 I tried (and presumably MCU2)

Will post driving impressions once I have some time with it. Based off what people are saying though, I'm not expecting a lot, since 2018.12 appears to have been a golden build.

I just got this update on AP2, came from 2018.12. Have not tested driving at all yet, but did notice subtle font changes. Maps and routing performance both seem slightly better, though not mind blowingly different. Overall the MCU feels somewhat faster by initial impression, but I still don't think it's anywhere near the Model 3 I tried (and presumably MCU2)

Will post driving impressions once I have some time with it. Based off what people are saying though, I'm not expecting a lot, since 2018.12 appears to have been a golden build.

My release notes were the same (nav beta). Nothing yet about sharing data like people reported starting with the week 14 builds. Presumably that will come in a subsequent map update. I'm also coming from 2018.12. Ap2, mcu1.

My release notes were the same (nav beta). Nothing yet about sharing data like people reported starting with the week 14 builds. Presumably that will come in a subsequent map update. I'm also coming from 2018.12. Ap2, mcu1.
Same here! Looked under nav settings and data sharing, nothing about data sharing consent for routing. I've got the nav beta from 2018.12 too….

maps esp night mode seem a bit faster but agree nothing mind blowing (esp if day view is on) MCU1 AP2. I had a recent 2018 Model S presumablyt with MCU and it was screaming fast for the maps!

wtih 2018.18 I've noticed a strange USB glitch, it will stop detecting the USB key after a while and start to play music from my iPhone. Same USB key, just started with this update.

I got this 2018.18.4c72e69 release as of 4p-cst ('17 S100D). Can't drive it tonight but can run out and check anything non-driving related. Lame, yes, but I have little kids and I'm Mr. mom tonight. My regression testing (driving) starts in the a.m.

-Bass sounds deeper now which I thought sounded weaker after .16. Note: I do not have the premium upgrade package....perhaps my ears are playing tricks on me.

--Heated steering is fixed

bass did sound better (standard audio)!!