Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started climate control remotely today. A minute later:

"Climate control deactivated because battery reached 0%"

I guess plugged into a charger charging and at 79% was a good approximation of 0. Tried turning on climate control 3 more times remotely. Would disable itself after a minute silently.

Maybe get some of their "freaking technology velociraptors" working on being able to turn things on and off.

• Funny
Reactions: conman
Tonight I noticed that the street use of AP has me bouncing back and forth worse than before this update. Also, it crossed the line into the left lane and I had to jerk it back (I waited until the tire was already in the other lane to see if it would correct). Fortunately I was between cars in the other lane so did not side-swipe any, lol.

Also, the Auto High Beam headlight no longer works. It is either on LOW or HIGH, will not auto switch to Low.

Pre-facelift AP1 90D, got this firmware tonight. First one I've gotten since 2017.50.2 (the Christmas easter egg one). Not much to report as I'm AP1. Remembering the heated steering wheel on/off state is nice right now as it's still cold around here.

Started climate control remotely today. A minute later:

"Climate control deactivated because battery reached 0%"

I guess plugged into a charger charging and at 79% was a good approximation of 0. Tried turning on climate control 3 more times remotely. Would disable itself after a minute silently.

Maybe get some of their "freaking technology velociraptors" working on being able to turn things on and off.

Are you using the original app or a 3rd-party app?

- 1st step: the car is de-icing (I'm not sure about the second icon)
View attachment 283423

-
The app update said it needed 2018.4 and above needed for these icons to show. The only actual behavior that I've noticed is different is that it turns on the rear defroster when preconditioning. Perhaps the front as well - but it hard to tell as the front would normally defrost with the usual climate turning on as well.

That second icon is supposed to represent warmers, I believe, but it doesn't turn the seat warmers on, though others have noticed the heated steering wheel on as well.

Reactions: PatrickCH4313
I just got 2018.6.1 this morning. I noticed one change on the autopilot section of the display. The speed limit sign used to say "Speed Limit", but now says "Max". Not sure if this means it's reading the text of nearby signs rather than pulling numbers from a database now?
View attachment 282406
I suspected this one was related to Canadian French being added and this seems validated now based on the US screenshots posted still showing the old signs. "MAX" is bilingual.

I think just the text zooms in and out now, not the whole sign. It looks more plain but it's nothing to worry about to keep Canada together :D also there is a change to icons for some headlight settings which I think I now prefer.

More notable to me on this latest .6.1 was what I could swear was feeling of a reduction in regen, especially cold weather reduced regen level, it seemed surprisingly reduced to me when approaching that first stop sign. And regular regen might have also felt reduced, but on the fence there, the cold regen just felt less strong for me, nobody else ? I didn't really see any worse efficiency numbers though, if anything they seemed a bit better (but the weather was much nicer, starting to see just pushing away the denser cold air is really bad for efficiency).

As for AP1 improvements, I thought I might have noted different (slightly better) behaviour but I didn't think that they'd still be working on it, guess maybe I'm wrong.. in any case it continues to amaze me, day in and day out (most days anyway ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Agreed.
Completely satisfied with functionality now. Not 100% perfect. But what is?
Right, I completely agree. I mean sometimes it wipes a little when going into a garage / tunnel and sometimes I'd rather hit the manual wipe button, but that just about describes every automatic wiper system I've used in the last 10 years. It definitely gets the job done at this point.

Reactions: croman
Totals on ev-fw are almost to 50.3 levels... and I still don't have it. I had that one the second day I believe. Beginning to think I'm finally in the hands of the 'failed update' or something. Arg.....
upload_2018-3-1_15-8-22.png

Totals on ev-fw are almost to 50.3 levels... and I still don't have it. I had that one the second day I believe. Beginning to think I'm finally in the hands of the 'failed update' or something. Arg.....
View attachment 283705

Hang in there! I've been in the last 2% before and you're not there yet. I also started suspecting something was wrong with my car, but there wasn't. It just seems like compared to before where it was "trickle trickle FLOOD", Tesla lately likes to have a slow gradual push unless it's some urgent security-related issue.

View attachment 283705

50.3 only went to AP2. This is going to all cars. Around 1/4 of the AP2 fleet is still 50.3. We'll be held back as the placebo group until a new flavor is out. I just want this to test my side cameras because you'll know if they don't work once this update installs.

• Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio