Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we got Borealis to walk as many as 170 steps in a row yesterday - he started using 4 paws again only three days ago - so, MAYBE, he and Aurora can officiate at their second AZ SpC opening. We do have house guests this week, but...

Glad to hear... Aurora must be happy too!

- - - Updated - - -

Amped.. hope this comes together so we can finally meet.. I'll try to keep tabs here, but if you get wind of the cutting.. text me.. (Stan)

Mid-day Friday would be perfect. My wife and I leave from Tucson for somewhere north of Seattle on Saturday, but if they do the ribbon cutting on Friday we'll try to move our departure up by a day. We're going via Kingman and Barstow to avoid the Quartzsite gap. Even using Chriaco Summit, one still can't quite make it to Tejon Ranch with any reserve, and we have zero desire to fight L.A. traffic to travel via Hawthorne.

With emphasis on the "adventure" part! If you go through Prescott and Jerome, you've got multiple good options to stop for food and grab a little juice to ensure you have enough to make it to Prescott. Give a shout if you're passing through Durango on your way back!

Hoping to roll through on Friday, midday to PM on my way back to Colorado. Would love to meet some locals on Friday. Hope Buckeye opens; otherwise it's a hypermile adventure from Quartzsite to Sedona... :wink:

Don't forget the free Volta chargers in Peoria at Arrowhead Crossing...soon enough to be considered obsolete by Model S road trippers, but they saved my bacon.

Just received...
+++++
Hi Bill,
I do have some good news for you regarding the Tesla Supercharger. We spoke with representatives from Tesla yesterday afternoon and they indicated that the station should be live by the end of this week (Friday). They indicated there are no guarantees, but felt confident about this timeframe. To that end, you should be receiving an e-mail any day indicating that the Buckeye Station is operational.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Again, thank you for your interest in Buckeye.

Best Regards,
Len Becker
Economic Development Director
City of Buckeye
+++++

Maybe?:smile:

Crews were still working and trenching at the site today, believe it or not. City of Buckeye inspectors and trucks were at the site, but still digging around the areas that were otherwise completed. I was told by the crew on site that it should be operational either by end of day today or tomorrow morning. Either way, it looks like being able to charge by Friday may be within reach!

Crews were still working and trenching at the site today, believe it or not. City of Buckeye inspectors and trucks were at the site, but still digging around the areas that were otherwise completed. I was told by the crew on site that it should be operational either by end of day today or tomorrow morning. Either way, it looks like being able to charge by Friday may be within reach!

Wonder what they were trenching for? Possibly an inspection that did not pass or required more information.

Permit now says :

"165
Job Completed
Awaiting Inspection
Scheduled for 03/19/2014

Job Completed
Awaiting Inspection
Scheduled for 03/19/2014
"

Should be looking good for energization today or tomorrow.

Hi KK7p my 85 s started production today and we too will be driving north of Seattle to Bellingham from Tucson. Would like to know how your trip goes.
we will leave early May
When are you leaving Tucson? My wife and I head out from Marana on May 6th heading for Northern Calif. What route are you planning on taking? Believe we will be doing the Buckeye/Kingman/Barstow/Harris Ranch route.

We plan on coming north to Vancouver, BC in late September. Looking forward to it.

Hi KK7p my 85 s started production today and we too will be driving north of Seattle to Bellingham from Tucson. Would like to know how your trip goes.
we will leave early May

When are you leaving Tucson? My wife and I head out from Marana on May 6th heading for Northern Calif. What route are you planning on taking? Believe we will be doing the Buckeye/Kingman/Barstow/Harris Ranch route.

We plan on coming north to Vancouver, BC in late September. Looking forward to it.

Looks like a few of us will be doing the AZ to BC drive this year. We'll be taking our 60 from Scottsdale to Saltspring Island in July, returning early August. We're hoping to make a loop out of the trip -- via CA, OR, WA on the way up and WA, OR, ID, UT on the way back. However, there are no Superchargers between Ellensburg, WA to south of Salt Lake avail yet, so that stretch may not be possible yet...

We're likely to cross the Canadian border on this trip. Like napabill, we plan on Tucson-Buckeye-Kingman-Barstow-Coalinga to get around L.A. if Buckeye is open early Friday morning. We'll be going back to Washington again in late May for another couple weeks.

Fingers crossed for Buckeye being operational tomorrow!

Buckeye supercharger is live!

HEY EVERYONE!

(sorry for shouting, but I'm so excited)

The Buckeye supercharger is online! My battery was already over 50% full, so I'm sure I didn't get the full current. I maxed out at 80 kW and it quickly ramped down into the 70s thereafter. This is my first time using a supercharger. The connector is thick and heavy, and it fits very snugly in the charge port. If you don't shove it in all the way with a nice push, you'll get the red ring of death. I had to plug and unplug several times until I got it just right. Also, the cord is not very long, so you'll want to back up as close to the curb as possible. Backing into the stalls is going to be fun at lunch time, this is a busy parking lot here at Carl's Jr!

Tesla has not yet officially announced that this location is live.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG