Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Klamath Falls, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news. This will make the trip to Reno/Tahoe area quite a bit faster for adventurous 85+ owners who live in western WA and NW OR. I would like to see one in Burns eventually as well just to open up that previously dead region to adventurous EV travelers!

Yeah, me, too. A couple friends and myself put in a 70 amp Tesla charger in Burns, so going from Bend to Burns is 130 miles, then a small, short top up should get you enough to make it to Boise, about another 130 miles. Actually, before the Tesla charger, I could make it all the way by going 60 mph, and that used to be the speed limit.

There's a really neat kitchen store right near the charger that can keep you busy for a half hour, and the county offices have a bathroom that's always open next to the chargers. Burns is not a bad place.

Unfortunately, so many people buy a 60 kWh battery and then wish they had chargers everywhere. Eventually they will, I suppose. But there's a charger. You can get maybe 50 miles extra in an hour, easily enough to make it to Bend.

Reactions: KJD
Yeah, me, too. A couple friends and myself put in a 70 amp Tesla charger in Burns, so going from Bend to Burns is 130 miles, then a small, short top up should get you enough to make it to Boise, about another 130 miles. Actually, before the Tesla charger, I could make it all the way by going 60 mph, and that used to be the speed limit.

There's a really neat kitchen store right near the charger that can keep you busy for a half hour, and the county offices have a bathroom that's always open next to the chargers. Burns is not a bad place.

Unfortunately, so many people buy a 60 kWh battery and then wish they had chargers everywhere. Eventually they will, I suppose. But there's a charger. You can get maybe 50 miles extra in an hour, easily enough to make it to Bend.
You and your friends have my undying gratitude for that charger in Burns. It was one of the reasons I had the second inverter installed in my MS.

<hint> I don't see your charger in Plugshare. </hint>

It's not just a 14-50; look again. They also have a high amp J1772 wall unit there.

Is that available 24/7? I'm a night owl and most of my routes through Burns would have me charging there after midnight. I keep looking into doing one of those drives, but usually opt in favor of a supercharger only route. Need to bridge the Bend-Winnemucca or Baker City/Boise-Winnemucca gaps.

I was going to point that out but maybe they dont have a dual or HP charger.
Ah, that would make some sense. I also just have the 40A limit, and it's sometimes handy to turn on the 14-50 in Plugshare and turn off the J1772 in filtering because for the most part J1772 clutters up the map with tons of 20 and 30 amp connections when you would really prefer a 14-50 for the higher charge rate.

Is that available 24/7? I'm a night owl and most of my routes through Burns would have me charging there after midnight. I keep looking into doing one of those drives, but usually opt in favor of a supercharger only route. Need to bridge the Bend-Winnemucca or Baker City/Boise-Winnemucca gaps.
I have been to that building, but it was before they put those in, so I didn't see them in person yet. From the pictures, I think they are around the back side of it, and I don't think there are any gates anywhere, so they should be accessible 24/7.