Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah you have to contact a body panel shop from their list of preferred repairers

I was told, via SMS from Darren in Brisbane, that the body shop (or actually, the "body shop team", whatever that is) would contact me. That was nearly two weeks ago now, and nothing heard from any body shop/team. Replied via SMS last Friday, and no response so far.

Tesla app still shows a service appointment booked for the 23rd, so I'm just going to show up for that and hope it works.

First Tasmanian delivery! (Courtesy of a private FB group)

This one is near Burnie, probably the closest customer to the ferry port. Others are on trucks on their way to other parts of the state, mostly to Hobart!

72713593_2481712058582900_1106951464615411712_n.jpg

Edit: second pic added!

72438892_2481797438574362_6430406330988625920_o.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly off topic - but hopefully amusing....

My mums old Ford Focus (2006) auto transmission has been playing up this year, and Ford on three visits has sworn black and blue there's nothing wrong (and billed her $300 each time to tell her there's nothing wrong!!). Finally took it to Auto transmission guy who drained a bit of fluid from it, was horrible and 'split' and took it for short test run and it was getting to 115degreesC. $3500 to rebuild the transmission.

Bugger that...

So we just picked up a dealer demo Hyundai i30 for her (with their safety sense whatever they call it pack... the cameras auto emergency braking and blind spot warning all that good stuff that we should all make sure our dear old mums have.... )

The funny bit is - my mum (she's 84yo) has been sitting in the car for 1.5 hours now in the driveway, reading the manual - page by page... learning everything and trying everything.... page by page through the manual.

As an IT guy - I wish all users would RTFM....

I just think it's so cute and amusing watching my mum sitting out there reading and learning diligently.

Hands up who's ever sat there and read the manual page by page like that before?!?!?! I certainly haven't!

PS Ricky - the Dog thinks he's the Ants Pants... he's got two new cars, a Tesla Model 3, and a Hyundai i30, all in 3 weeks!!! How good is that!!!!

Last edited:
First Tasmanian delivery! (Courtesy of a private FB group)

This one is near Burnie, probably the closest customer to the ferry port. Others are on trucks on their way to other parts of the state, mostly to Hobart!

72713593_2481712058582900_1106951464615411712_n.jpg

Edit: second pic added!

72438892_2481797438574362_6430406330988625920_o.jpg
Congrats Tasmania!!!! now you only need 20-30thousand more of them and your conservative government might sit up and take notice... but the great thing is it's almost entirely renewable energy powered.... so even a few of them to start is brilliant!!!

Hope to see more chargers installed soon - looking forward to taking Tauros (yes, my SR+ named after a Pokemon character) down south on the ferry for a fun week... I love driving around tassie!

Last edited:
I am definitely not gutted over the extra $2900 + 33% LCT (~$957) which doesn't include stamp duty either, that those people are paying lol. They raised the price concurrently with the change.

Could sell the car for more money than we bought it for at this point. :p

With the second price increase and the extra stamp duty the P3+ Is now over 6k more in Qld. Those who bought the P- got themselves a good deal. I think they were only about 90k, now the P+ is 106k on the road. I thought Tesla had priced the LR AWD too high, clearly they thought it was the P being too cheap!

Reactions: MonicaPlease
With the second price increase and the extra stamp duty the P3+ Is now over 6k more in Qld. Those who bought the P- got themselves a good deal. I think they were only about 90k, now the P+ is 106k on the road. I thought Tesla had priced the LR AWD too high, clearly they thought it was the P being too cheap!
But you’ll have to walk by those silver alloys every day and deep down you know that your car would look sexier with those black rims offset by the red callipers. :confused:

Reactions: Juhas2610
But you’ll have to walk by those silver alloys every day and deep down you know that your car would look sexier with those black rims offset by the red callipers. :confused:
True, that's why I resisted the temptation to get the P+. I felt that if I was to get the P I needed to get the performance pack with it. It was about 30k more than SR+.
But painting the wheels black or grey would have cost less than 1k.

now you only need 20-30thousand more of them and your conservative government might sit up and take notice...

The government has surprisingly been doing well on this front... they had a grant program and there are now 12 part-government funded fast charging sites being installed around the state, two of them 350 kW. There were two existing before this so that's a total of 14 locations:

upload_2019-10-17_21-23-38.png

There are also two more 350kW locations not confirmed (a Chargefox and a 3rd Evie location) which are not shown on this map. They'll be on the same Devonport-to-Hobart route, but spaced out from the other two.

The best this is that to a Model 3 owner, the 350 kW locations as good as superchargers - the same speed, the same connector, approximately the same cost (probably). Very different to the experience a Model S/X owner (who is used to free supercharging) will have when they need to use a public DC fast charger.

If you look back on my previous posts, I've already replaced the stock wheels with Tsportline grey replacements. I like the replacements better, tbh not about the money. Would still have bought the P3D+ at 94-95 so I think they are pricing correctly. Could probably price 10K higher and get away with it IMHO.

Reactions: baillies
You could always contact Tesla to see if the dark wheels can be ordered extra? I doubt they would cost more than both last price rises combined with LCT and taxes.
Cheaper option would be to have yours re-painted by local wheel experts as @Brissienew pointed out.