Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I note the only person to get credited for any referrals this round is someone who has been "selling" the car directly to people they meet. When I filled out the survey for the Oct-Jan rewards program I also noticed they asked if you knew the people who used your referral code.

Maybe they are quietly only counting referrals this round for people who live geographically close to the people using their code? If that's the case, that favors Model X owners. The Model S is fairly stealthy and looks like a lot of other modern sedans. The strangers who have taken note of my car and talked to me about it can be counted on one hand and I don't travel in the kind of circles where people have the kind of money to buy an S or X. I have gotten some people interested in a Model 3, but those people don't have the scratch to buy the more expensive car.

There is an outside chance someone I know in California might get an S. He's shopping for a car in about a year and was thinking about another hybrid until I talked up Tesla. But if they are geographically limiting people, I wouldn't get credited for a referral, even though I "sold" the car in person when I was in California on business.

I doubt they are - I def have referrals from past programs where the buyer didn't live anywhere near me. But they're personal friends (or in one case, his wife is), so I earned those referrals. If they blocked them, I'd have a few words to share :). Not nice words. But I have plenty of words.

Reactions: Andyw2100
I doubt they are - I def have referrals from past programs where the buyer didn't live anywhere near me. But they're personal friends (or in one case, his wife is), so I earned those referrals. If they blocked them, I'd have a few words to share :). Not nice words. But I have plenty of words.

I was just speculating the newest referral program is geographically locked. It's pretty obvious they counted referrals from anywhere in previous campaigns.

Just for the record, this is just a wild speculation on my part based on the pattern from the few people who say they have referrals from the round that started Jan 16. I'm actually skeptical they are doing that, but it does fit the scant evidence we have.

I was just speculating the newest referral program is geographically locked. It's pretty obvious they counted referrals from anywhere in previous campaigns.

Just for the record, this is just a wild speculation on my part based on the pattern from the few people who say they have referrals from the round that started Jan 16. I'm actually skeptical they are doing that, but it does fit the scant evidence we have.

How can we confirm this?

Seriously folks, it makes less than zero sense for Tesla to geo-block referrals. Think about it... where do they draw the line? 10 miles? 50 miles? 100 miles? 101 miles? Any number would be completely arbitrary and makes no sense. It's also very petty and not "Tesla-like". If they end up not awarding any referral prizes based on geography, nobody is going to do their marketing for them for free in the referral program again. I certainly wouldn't.

Hmmm... Is Tesla bringing back the Arachnid wheel to the online store? :cool:

Tesla — Model S

upload_2017-2-7_23-6-30.png

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Status
Not open for further replies.