Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
right now now sure what is worse... stressing out over getting referrals or getting them and waiting seemingly forever for them to officially take delivery. then there is the next wait which is waiting for the confirmation email and then waiting for the items to be shipped / available. OMG....

I have 2 referrals that are scheduled to take delivery in mid December and will likely be lucky to get the rims by February? Does that timeline sound reasonable? Just praying my current tires last until then

On a side note I am noticing less and less people with referrals mentioned in their signature lines... THANK YOU forum for being consistent...

this weekend I am heading back to the showroom to "assist" the sales people on closing a deal..LOL . As odd as this may sound I want to get the powerwall so I can sell it... Just found out my 13 y/o lab has cancer and the vet bills are mounting very quickly...It would certainly help and I would gladly give up a powerwall for our #1 "family member". if I can help her have a good quality of life in her remaining time with us... I know it sounds like an odd motivation but every little bit helps... I can always earn another powerwall.

I also love OLDS idea about going to local car shows... gonna try that too... there are a couple clubs in Las Vegas and I might have to crash their events ...

thanks everyone as always....

Reactions: Olds442
Sorry about your pooch. :( but I guess you haven't seen my other posts, but Tesla isn't allowing the PW awards to be sold/transferred. And believe me, I've tried. They are working on viable alternatives for people who can't install them.

added: I'm in a similar boat. My 14 year old dog is going blind, and I'm considering canine cataract surgery, which is $4k.

Last edited:
Sorry about your pooch. :( but I guess you haven't seen my other posts, but Tesla isn't allowing the PW awards to be sold/transferred. And believe me, I've tried. They are working on viable alternatives for people who can't install them.

Interesting to hear -- what kinds of "viable alternatives" do you think they're entertaining, for example?

Do you think they'll allow apartment dwellers & renters to delay their powerwall delivery/installation until they move into a house, as long as it's within X years? That would be nice!

Interesting to hear -- what kinds of "viable alternatives" do you think they're entertaining, for example?

When you win a Powerwall 2, Tesla Energy (previously SolarCity) will call you to set up a site survey. At that point, you can ask them. I'm really not at liberty to say, since nothing is finalized yet.

Do you think they'll allow apartment dwellers & renters to delay their powerwall delivery/installation until they move into a house, as long as it's within X years? That would be nice!

That might work, you'd have to ask them.

Sorry to hear about that Lab! Good on you taking care of her!

The cruise night thing seems like a no-brainer. I've been a car guy for most of my life and can't imagine anyone into cars not falling in love with a Tesla. For me it was as simple as taking a single drive in one. I'm not very unique so this should be like fish in a barrel.

The cruise night thing seems like a no-brainer. I've been a car guy for most of my life and can't imagine anyone into cars not falling in love with a Tesla. For me it was as simple as taking a single drive in one. I'm not very unique so this should be like fish in a barrel.

I tend to agree, but at car shows, there are A LOT of anti-EV/Pro-ICE guys out there that even when given a ride, still hate it just on their (whacked) principles. I had one "car guy" try to convince me that EVs "are just a fad" and that you can't beat the ICE on cents per mile. No matter how I tried to explain his flawed logic, he just wasn't having it.

It's like politics or religion. You'll convert a few folks, but not the ones fully committed to their party/faith/make&model. :)

I tend to agree, but at car shows, there are A LOT of anti-EV/Pro-ICE guys out there that even when given a ride, still hate it just on their (whacked) principles. I had one "car guy" try to convince me that EVs "are just a fad" and that you can't beat the ICE on cents per mile. No matter how I tried to explain his flawed logic, he just wasn't having it.

It's like politics or religion. You'll convert a few folks, but not the ones fully committed to their party/faith/make&model. :)

I'm sure your're right. I'll stick to the polite types that ask me questions about the car. I'll pop the frunk and wait. ;-)

Just need the model3 to be ramped up and then we have a better argument for EV cost. We know that the modelx and S makes sense, but 100k car cost upfront is hard to swallow. People still doubting the 3 will every be priced at $35k; I tell them just wait until the ramp up is complete. Please Elon prove them wrong, soon. :)

No it's still the same program going on since may.
Are you sure?

Here it says:

Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and January 31, 2018. Owners who reach each level of referral orders after September 28, 2017 will be eligible for updated vehicle awards above.

And the rewards have changed a little:

1 to 2 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their first and second referrals.

• Signature Black Wall Connector
    This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature. This award will start shipping in January.
  • Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids
    Share the Tesla experience with your kids, with this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port, just like yours.
3 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for their third referral.

• 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Forged Turbine Wheels for Model X
    Enhance the performance of your Tesla with these exclusive forged-aluminum wheels.
  • One Week with Model S or Model X
    Experience a new Model S or Model X for one week—at home or on the road. If you do not use this award, this exclusive test drive may be given to a friend.
4 Qualifying Referrals:
Founders Series Powerwall 2
Store energy for future use and provide backup power with this red, limited-production Powerwall 2 home battery. This edition is not available to the public and will become available for installation starting Fall 2017.

5 Qualifying Referrals:

• Tesla Unveiling Invitation
    Experience our next official unveiling event. Owners who reach five referral orders by October 15 will be invited to our Semi unveiling event. Your VIP invitation will be valid for you and one guest.
  • Early Access Token for Solar Roof
    Be one of the first to get Solar Roof with this early-access token for priority scheduling of a Solar Roof installation. If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend.

Reactions: Cloxxki
Are you sure?

Here it says:

Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and January 31, 2018. Owners who reach each level of referral orders after September 28, 2017 will be eligible for updated vehicle awards above.
The wording in the rules wasn't the best and could be interpreted both ways. This was discussed a few pages back, on page 259. After you qualify for a set of prizes, you then unlock the Secret Levels.

Edit: Hank's description below sums it up nicely.

Last edited:
It's the same program phase, but the award levels changed slightly. If you reached 5 referrals before 9/28, you don't get to start over.

If you reached less than 5, then you start over at that level. So if you had 2 referrals before 9/28, you get one Radio Flyer and a Solar token.. and your 3rd through 5th referrals are under the new program awards.

I see that you have "Phase 10", but internally, in the App and the webpages, Tesla refers to the program from May to January as Phase 9. They do not divide the two.

Hmm I must have missed interpreted that. I was thinking with the reset of people's referral status it was new but you're probably right. I'll have to update that. Stay tuned.

Reactions: nasatech
Status
Not open for further replies.