Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email with a referral code for the Radioflyer kids car. But I have not received a similar email regarding the wall connector. I have one referral. Is the offer for either car or charger automatic or is this something I need to request? The referral took delivery in October 2017.

The email should give you a link to a Tesla webpage that asks you to select which option you want, the kid's car or the hpwc. You might email the referral team and ask if something went awry. Did your referral make their order before the hpwc was being offered?

Ok, I have a little more information about the Powerwall awards for people who do not want to, or can't, claim the actual Powerwall 2 Installation awards.

First, only the PW2 awards from Phase 6 are the "signed" units. The PW2 awards from phases 8 and 9 are red, but not signed.

Second, Tesla gave me exactly two options:

Option #1: Accept Powerwall2 Install at my home -- includes backup gateway and up to $1000 of install credit.
Option #2: Accept a $5,500 "Tesla Credit" to be used for future Tesla purchases.
There is no cash-out option as they had hinted at to me previously, nor an alternative prize offering. And again, the awards are NOT transferrable -- you can not sell the PW2 awards. I asked if the "Tesla Credit" can be used for a future Model 3 purchase next year (waiting for AWD, Performance, etc), and the answer was "yes, that's most likely not a problem", but YMMV. I didn't ask if it can be applied to a Next Gen Roadster, but I don't see why not. :)

If you've won a PW2 referral award and have not been contacted yet, don't worry, they are very busy and will get to you soon enough. No need to call them, you likely won't get to the group handling this. I think they're still working on the awards from Phase 6, so just be patient.

Ok, I have a little more information about the Powerwall awards for people who do not want to, or can't, claim the actual Powerwall 2 Installation awards.

First, only the PW2 awards from Phase 6 are the "signed" units. The PW2 awards from phases 8 and 9 are red, but not signed.

Second, Tesla gave me exactly two options:

Option #1: Accept Powerwall2 Install at my home -- includes backup gateway and up to $1000 of install credit.
Option #2: Accept a $5,500 "Tesla Credit" to be used for future Tesla purchases.
There is no cash-out option as they had hinted at to me previously, nor an alternative prize offering. And again, the awards are NOT transferrable -- you can not sell the PW2 awards. I asked if the "Tesla Credit" can be used for a future Model 3 purchase next year (waiting for AWD, Performance, etc), and the answer was "yes, that's most likely not a problem", but YMMV. I didn't ask if it can be applied to a Next Gen Roadster, but I don't see why not. :)

If you've won a PW2 referral award and have not been contacted yet, don't worry, they are very busy and will get to you soon enough. No need to call them, you likely won't get to the group handling this. I think they're still working on the awards from Phase 6, so just be patient.
Any hint that the Tesla Solar Roof could be one of those future Tesla purchases?

I didn't ask, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. It's all still Tesla products.
Cool. We don't have solar yet and it doesn't make that much sense to have so many Powerwalls with just TOU billing. We're supposed to schedule a site survey soon so hopefully we can get some information concerning the possibility of converting Powerwalls to solar panels or solar roof credits. That's what we've been hoping for all along since then we wouldn't have to deal with selling them and could definitely use the credit towards solar!

Doesn't it say right on the powerwall award that you can take $7500 credit on future tesla purchases? Or is that just for the current program and not the previous ones?

Are you thinking of this for each Solar referral?

1 to 4 Qualifying Referrals:
Receive $400 cash or $750 in credit per each installed referral.
Credits are valid for 12 months from the referral installation date and can be used toward new Tesla products or accessories.

No, this. It's actually $7800. But maybe this is just for Canadians?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171205-174440.png
    Screenshot_20171205-174440.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 74
It's also interesting that it says:

"or take a $7,800 credit to use towards vehicle accessories, service, or a new car. Credits are valid for 12 months from the referral delivery date."

Now I wonder if the US credits can be used for Tesla Energy products.

Ya it's weird that they put this option in writing for Canada but not the US. It's not like the powerwall isn't available here, many have installed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.