Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this “exchange list” is what I think it is, how do I get on it? Would love to exchange my solar roof token, which I’ve never even gotten an email for, for a Wall charger.

@Shuji Yup. Sucks. Same boat here.

Here is the response that I recently received from Tesla ... :cool:

@HankLloydRight - I sent an email to Tesla Referral and they responded (same day no less) that they have added me to the exchange list and that I should receive my selection email at the end of the month. Basically "exchanged" solar roof token for a wall connector.

@FlatSix911 - Thank you for the info.

@HankLloydRight - I sent an email to Tesla Referral and they responded (same day no less) that they have added me to the exchange list and that I should receive my selection email at the end of the month. Basically "exchanged" solar roof token for a wall connector.

Are the emails now getting routed to [email protected]? I received a response from them.

esponded (same day no less) that they have added me to the exchange list and that I should receive my selection email at the end of the month. Basically "exchanged" solar roof token for a wall connector.

Thank you! I emailed, and got a nearly instant reply (20 minutes!) that they've added me to the exchange list. The Black wall chargers will start shipping in March.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Here is my update: I am currently qualified for 3 Power walls. Spoke to a rep on powerwall and said i can take $5500 credit for 2 of the 3 as one of them I must take and cannot get a credit. Was told i can apply it to anything tesla and the credits are valid for 1 year from the end of the program round ( weird). So i accepted and she said i need to use 5500 by february/march. I said i planned to order a Tesla 3 so she said i should go and confirm it.

So i confirmed it and the tesla 3 deliver rep calls me. I mention the credit, he has no clue about it.

Now i'm trying to figure out how to get this credit as I will not accept delivery without out. Otherwise I would have waited for the standard battery.

Such an unorganized cluster.

. Was told i can apply it to anything tesla and the credits are valid for 1 year from the end of the program round ( weird).

Just FYI -- the original Phase 6 Founder's Powerwall signed by Elon Musk program ended January 15th 2017, which is driving this "one year expiry" thing. But at the same time, they are insisting that any Phase 6 powerwalls need to be installed or lost -- can't be converted to a "Tesla Credit".

The Powerwall awards ending Phase 7, 8 or 9 ended on March 15th, June 15th, and September 27th, 2017. These are subject to the 1 year expiry, but from what my Tesla Energy contact thinks, it's 1 year from the date of the last delivery that triggered the award (not the order date). So even if Phase 7 ended on March 15th, if your 7th referral didn't actually take delivery until a later date, that that date would be the expiration date of the PW2 award for that phase. As always, YMMV. But I would suggest looking into that have having them figure out the date of your 7th referral delivery.

My PW2 awards (not including the first) are from Phase 8 and 9. So given the one year expiry thing, I'd think I could apply the $5500 credit up until the last delivery took place for each of those phases. And hopefully, the M3 AWD version will be available before that end date (June 15th at the absolute earliest!).

I'm just supplying this information based on what I've been told. I can't assure you that anyone else will be told the same thing. Again, YMMV.

Last edited:
My response back was None of my Powerwalls, Nor Arachnids could be converted to credits.

Yes, that's what the referral team/group will tell you. Certainly the wheels aren't exchangeable for credits. They're just not aware what's happening at Tesla Energy. Has Tesla Energy contacted you yet about scheduling a site survey for the Powerwalls? That's when you talk to them about the credit (not including the signed PW from phase 6).

Yes, that's what the referral team/group will tell you. Certainly the wheels aren't exchangeable for credits. They're just not aware what's happening at Tesla Energy. Has Tesla Energy contacted you yet about scheduling a site survey for the Powerwalls? That's when you talk to them about the credit (not including the signed PW from phase 6).
Nope, haven't heard a word about anything.

Does anyone know when Tesla switches to Secret Level Loot Box from standard rewards? I’ve made 5 referrals and possibly had another yesterday but afraid I can’t see it or it won’t be applied until the switch to secret level. Beside this one, Two of my referrals have taken delivery and 3 will in do in March. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.