Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah .. looks like other than guys like Bjorn, who got an entire new car out of it, nobody else got anything worthwhile.

Bjorn got his car from one of the first referral programs in 2015. I think it took about 8 months to get his car. We don't know who won the July car drawing. Tesla has been quiet about it and the winner hasn't come forward.

Bjorn got his car from one of the first referral programs in 2015. I think it took about 8 months to get his car. We don't know who won the July car drawing. Tesla has been quiet about it and the winner hasn't come forward.

Yeah but a huge part of the delay was because he is in Norway, and it typically takes a lot longer for Europeans to get their cars after they order them. Still, people who won powerwall back then for instance, (year+ ago), they are still waiting for powerwalls.

I get the impression that the only "rewards" Tesla has actually delivered on are,
- Party invites (doesn't cost Tesla much)
- The car (probably 3-4 winners, big cost but fewer in numbers - again it's probably no more cost than the party)
- And the $1000 credit that they had in the first referral program (again no material exchanged, in most cases not much actual cost so far).

So basically, Tesla has been running this huge referral program and so far just racking up a fairly large distributed debt to their customer base. What's more, this debt has zero written contracts, so if you are waiting for a reward, basically, you have zero leverage.

Yeah but a huge part of the delay was because he is in Norway, and it typically takes a lot longer for Europeans to get their cars after they order them. Still, people who won powerwall back then for instance, (year+ ago), they are still waiting for powerwalls.

I get the impression that the only "rewards" Tesla has actually delivered on are,
- Party invites (doesn't cost Tesla much)
- The car (probably 3-4 winners, big cost but fewer in numbers - again it's probably no more cost than the party)
- And the $1000 credit that they had in the first referral program (again no material exchanged, in most cases not much actual cost so far).

So basically, Tesla has been running this huge referral program and so far just racking up a fairly large distributed debt to their customer base. What's more, this debt has zero written contracts, so if you are waiting for a reward, basically, you have zero leverage.

They have been slow in delivering prizes. There should be some legalize somewhere with the exact details of these programs and if not, they may be leaving themselves open to a lawsuit.

Well, my impatience and frustration is coming to a head. I had 5 in the last round.

I've emailed ownership several times over the past month... no reply
I've called ownership only to be given the runaround to passed to "merchandise" and an email address .... no reply
Phone for merchandise goes right to main Tesla number with no way to reach that "department" ....

Im about to snag an inventory car with 19" rims and it would be nice to know IF there's really any wheels in my future.

9...10...9...10...9... o_O

Argh! I wish that once the limit was reached it would remain locked there. I've seen it at 10 for as few as 4 hours and as long as 7 days.

In the last program, my friend had the limit of 5 for over a month and even two weeks into the new program...but then he didn't get the wheel survey. Supposedly someone cancelled. Too bad they blocked more serious buyers. It would be nice if you could have a few spares, just in case. Does anyone think that's how it will work with the current program since there are no physical prizes after 5?

Is there a photo of the bag for 2 referrals anywhere?
Thanks!

The survey only showed the bag ... WTF?!?!??!?!

Here are the award survey pages for reference ... good luck! http://ts.la/ted5066 :cool:

Award 2.PNG

Award 1.PNG

Award 3.PNG

Referral Program Awards.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.