Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on Earth do you generate 150 referrals without buying ads, billboards, etc?

Well think of when you bought the car. It was a sizable investment, wasn't it? You just needed some questions answered truthfully with zero BS. You were already interested in the car, you just needed a holding hand to climb over the molehill. There are many like you.

.. and their alternative to me (or people like me) are the staff at Tesla showrooms. And not sure if you noticed, but half of them still have pimples. They lack the communication skills, the passion, and the ability to convince that this it the right car for you! Also, it is my general impression that well off people (who buy Tesla's) are also more likely to altruistically spend some of their own money for the good of the earth. They are intelligent, and they need to be convinced (which is not hard frankly when the facts are on your side). So it is not hard to make a compelling case to buy a Tesla even if it sucked as a car (which it doesn't).

Now all you need to do next ... is socialize with car buyers, and chat them up. And when you own a shiny Tesla, it's not hard. In fact, they chat you up! All you need to do other than that .. is to invest your time. I did so because well, I did like the car, I like the EV message, and I like saving mom. It was no effort on my part to talk about what I already liked. And I never asked them to use my referral code, heck a week into the program my code always got maxed out anyway.

Reactions: esk8mw
Update! I got a referral through TMC this week, so level 1 commitment is met and a $20 goes to the gentleman I mention above tomorrow. I'll take a pic and post here.

Next level is a $50 for him.

As a reminder e-FTW and I have teamed up with two great referral options for animal and human lovers.

Symbolic Giraffe Adoptions support, use e-FTW's link: http://ts.la/alexandre750

Donation to the very nice homeless man on 5th (per my post above) in Nashville use mine: http://ts.la/john9342
This is awesome news! Long live humans like @Neuromancer!
Am still at 1, and without a virtual giraffe, but there are 5 days left!

The current phase of the Tesla Referral Programme ends on 15th October 2016. Just share your personal code with friends, family, or anyone else. They can use the code to get a £750 credit towards a new Model S or Model X.

Your personal code: http://ts.la/ben1709

I received this reminder through today. It unlikely anyone in this forum hasn't already applied one but if you need a code and are planning on ordering before the cut off in three days time here is my code.

Ben

Still at just 1 here ...
Can't top the humanitarian or wildlife conserving offers mentioned above (go support them!)

But since only 4 days left to save, here's my friendly Canadian referral link just in case someone else needs to save U$1000 / C$1200 on their new S or X. Referral | Tesla

just ask if you're undecided on buying, have any questions on ownership, about v8.0 (I just updated before leaving on a road trip), etc...

If I get 1 or 2 more referrals, maybe I'll buy @e-FTW that beer I think I owe him...

Reactions: e-FTW
Update, I hit 10 referrals last night!!! Two of them came through TMC, so I gave the cash to the aforementioned gentleman this morning. With his permission, I am posting his picture here. His name is Ben, and he told me of some recent hardships he has dealt with medically that made this very timely for him. TMC has helped someone today :)

IMG_0053.JPG

He is a super nice guy, and he says thank you!

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

With the remaining four days, support a Giraffe!

Use e-FTW's http://ts.la/alexandre750

• Love
Reactions: e-FTW
Update, I hit 10 referrals last night!!! Two of them came through TMC, so I gave the cash to the aforementioned gentleman this morning. With his permission, I am posting his picture here. His name is Ben, and he told me of some recent hardships he has dealt with medically that made this very timely for him. TMC has helped someone today :)

View attachment 198337

He is a super nice guy, and he says thank you!

Thank you and good luck to everyone.

With the remaining four days, support a Giraffe!

Use e-FTW's http://ts.la/alexandre750
Mad props dude. Good work, good karma.

Reactions: Neuromancer
I agree with Sir Guac on the constantly being approached and selling these cars for Tesla bit. I'm a natural communicator and have sold several of these cars for Elon, even passing out cards with my referral number on them. I've sold at least 5 to my neighbors alone.

While sitting here looking at my stock trading brokerage online computer system, with up an down buying painting a stock price graph chart history for each stock many times per second, I can't help but think that some sort of market-based permanent referral incentive would be fun and sometimes beneficial, such as the referral going up in value when there aren't many purchases locally, and being profit-margin-based in their effect (so, various multipliers, with the variable multiplier being the sales scarcity multiplier, which would go up with more buying scarcity, making referrals more beneficial in those times). Of course, this simply can't be done, because it would reveal and amplify any inside sales knowledge into the product line, but never minding that reason to never introduce such actual program, just dreaming of what it would be like as a referral program is really fun :)

Reactions: Ormond
Status
Not open for further replies.