Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. I do. That wasn't clear to me from the email. Thx

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded. Read our Supercharging terms.

Reactions: Pilot4Hire102
To my understanding you now have it back. Did you check your my tesla page?

I do have it. Yay. Thx

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Any Supercharging payments made have been automatically refunded. Read our Supercharging terms.

Reactions: Pilot4Hire102
I do have it. Yay. Thx

Supercharging
YAY !

Yeah, obviously free Supercharging for life for all current Tesla owners, but transferrable only in cars bought under the old system. In addition there is of course the referral way to get into this club as well.

Plus, all current Tesla S/X owners get unlimited free supercharging on any future S or X they buy (probably not transferrable - see the strategic use of the word 'current' in the second sentence :)).

Plus, all current Tesla S/X owners get unlimited free supercharging on any future S or X they buy (probably not transferrable - see the strategic use of the word 'current' in the second sentence :)).

Yes, that is what I referred to as "free Supercharging for life for all current Tesla owners". So, agreed.

The thing is, Tesla probably realized that free Supercharging was holding some upgraders back, so this was implemented to appease that crowd. There is one obstacle less for those people to buy a new Tesla.

As we know, "referral of friends" has mostly come to mean clever Internet self-promotion by buyers who plaster their referral code around the Internet hoping that a bunch of strangers will see it and use it.. The new policy cited in MyTesla states, "...In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging..." So if a YouTube star gets a hundred people to use his or referral code, it sounds like the last 95 referrals will miss out.

Clicking the referral link requests an email address to receive the free Supercharging and $1,000 credit. Will the five be limited those who submit their email address or only when an order is complete?

Referrals have been able to be added later at the Tesla Store to a previous order. Those who ordered recently without a referral should contact a Tesla friend, get their code and visit their nearest Tesla Store or call Tesla to check if that can be added to their order.

With the clarification of the SC transfer, those of us who purchased a 90D for the free Supercharging to help future resale value retain that benefit. It's a win for the current drivers and a win-win for those who ordered early. Congratulations to the 100 kWh owners that will save money at the SC. Hats off to Tesla for easing the transition for recent Model S and X buyers. And for those who ordered early and purchased the option, enjoy your perforated, ventilated seats!

Reactions: Asterix777
With the clarification of the SC transfer, those of us who purchased a 90D for the free Supercharging to help future resale value retain that benefit. It's a win for the current drivers and a win-win for those who ordered early.

You are right it includes still a small benefit for early buyers, that of being able to transfer the free Supercharging. But who is to say Tesla won't simply keep up with this promotion as ofter or as long as it takes, until Model 3 can sustain them...

That said, I think Tesla implemented this as well as it could have been implemented. But the quarterly games they play are a clear motivation behind it and results in the usual unpredictability for all. It means anything can change going forward as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.