Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2017-5-19_22-0-28.png

My Tesla Referral Code

• Disagree
Reactions: Newscutter
Maybe I missed this, but I'm pretty certain they told me when I purchased my new MX last year that free supercharging would apply only to that vehicle. Any future Tesla's I bought would not qualify for free supercharging. This really bummed me out as I typically only keep a vehicle for a year or two and replace it with a new one. Looking around on the MyTesla page I noticed the following:

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.

This pretty much ensures that I'll be a Tesla owner for life! I've been considering buying a Model S as well, but honestly the charge for charging had me a little discouraged. (I know, I know, cost of charging is still cheaper than paying for petroleum)
And yes, I visit a supercharger out of necessity at least once a week. Living in Montana everything is far enough away it requires an additional charge to make a round trip. :)

Reactions: callmesam and Cowby
Sweet! I placed my order last Saturday, will get "locked in" tomorrow. The spec sheet I pulled up earlier in the day did not mention charging at all, just pulled it up and now says:
CHARGING Free Supercharging Included

Nice!!
P.S. My first Tesla order. So they must have decided to throw it in for everyone and remove the 400 limit.
The only "regret" I have now is all the time I spent laboring over deciding whether to get a CPO or trying to find an inventory AP2 that fit my needs and had free supercharger. At the end, I decided custom ordering to fit my need was more important than free (unlimited) supercharging (mainly because I wanted rear facing seats).
Hope it's not a glitch or something.

P.S. My first Tesla order. So they must have decided to throw it in for everyone and remove the 400 limit.
The only "regret" I have now is all the time I spent laboring over deciding whether to get a CPO or trying to find an inventory AP2 that fit my needs and had free supercharger. At the end, I decided custom ordering to fit my need was more important than free (unlimited) supercharging (mainly because I wanted rear facing seats).
Hope it's not a glitch or something.

It's definitely not a glitch and confirmed. You're better off this way, since you'll have account level free supercharging. The CPO would not have retained it. Funny how that situation is flipped now

It's definitely not a glitch and confirmed. You're better off this way, since you'll have account level free supercharging. The CPO would not have retained it. Funny how that situation is flipped now
What do you mean by "account level"? Meaning future cars I buy will get grandfathered in? Interested because my wife currently drives a Honda Odyssey, and I am *secretly* hoping that she will fall in love with the Tesla and opt for an X (or maybe the Y!) in a couple of years. :)

So all Model S and X owners get unlimited supercharging EXCEPT those who ordered between January 15 and May 19, 2017? Am I reading that right?

Not ALL owners get free supercharging, new to Tesla owners do not qualify. This seems to be changed for those of us who purchased before the free supercharging ended. Previous owners who purchased after January 15th that didn't get free supercharging might not be affected. However, and this is purely my speculation, as I've seen Tesla go above and beyond with the level of customer service I've received, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do some form of retroactive thing for people who owned a previous Tesla with free supercharging and replaced it with a new Tesla after January 15th.
*edit this is MY interpretation from reading about it, so please don't take it as fact.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "account level"? Meaning future cars I buy will get grandfathered in? Interested because my wife currently drives a Honda Odyssey, and I am *secretly* hoping that she will fall in love with the Tesla and opt for an X (or maybe the Y!) in a couple of years. :)

That's correct. Head over to the free unlimted charging thread. There's screenshots with that exact text, you probably can't see it since you're just in order status screens.

Looks like as of today, along with changes made to the referral program, everyone who currently has an S or X has been grandfathered in to free unlimited supercharging for their current and future S and Xs.

Transferability to a second owner, however, does not appear to be universal. Check to see if your My Tesla page says:
  • "...free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner..."
  • "...free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner..."
I wonder if the latter applies only to those who ordered before the original unlimited supercharging cutoff date.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Normally I would get at least one referral from my channel MacTechGenius but since the revamp this year...I got 0. Does Tesla not accept referrals from URL shortness or on other site?

Perhaps @islandbayy or @Nerdy_Engineer or @DÆrik and/or other forum member "Youtubers" can comment on this.

Though its possible I just didn't get an referrals...given my channel is on the smaller side.
This has been very strange. I did not get a single referral on the last program that they discontinued today. Not one single one. Very very strange too, as I know people who ordered. At minimum I always get AT LEAST 3 or 4 on the previous programs.

Looks like major changes in the referral program with the current one being cut short. Seems like effort to stir demand... perhaps there's been some Osborne effect already kicking in with pending M3 release.

Strange that the referral program now will last until the end of the year and looks like it's capped at 5 people you can refer.

I posted some more thoughts about the referral program on this post, thoughts on new referral program.

Status
Not open for further replies.