Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few who have qualified for at least a 10% discount - and that list is not everyone, only those who have added their codes.

Where did the 10% limit come from? What about people with 6 referrals and a 2% discount?

I would imagine only 20-30 owners worldwide reached that milestone.

According to @nasatech's site, there are 214 reported people with 6 (2% discount) or more referrals and 80 reported people with at least 10 referrals (10% discount).

I mistyped. 6 referrals also qualifies.

Actually I believe you were correct the first time. The way the program rules are worded suggest that once you've gotten 5 referrals in the secret level (so 10 for this period) you will then unlock a 10% discount.

After reaching this point, each individual referral counts as a 2% discount.

It is misleading because people with 6 referrals see the progress bar at 2% even though they have to get 10% or more for it to count.

I checked with a Tesla associate, however for the sake of most referrers - I hope I'm incorrect

Yeah, it's oddly worded, but that sounds right -- so 10% to qualify (10 referrals) then it's 2% per above that.

So so far, 80 (reported) people qualify.

upload_2017-11-27_17-3-44.png

earlier today i made a joke about cyber Monday and referral codes...

i guess it did not go over well with the forum and they took it down.. I assume they thought it was solicitation... I have ZERO problem with that and i totally get it and i am happy to abide by the rules... Perhaps my humor did not sit well with the forum. However they also asked me to remove the part of my signature that says people can PM me if they want to learn about referral codes...again happy to do that and follow the rules...assuming they are holding everyone to this same standard.

What i am struggling with and what I need help with is that the notification i got asked me to PM them when I took down my "Link" which was not really a link at all but I have no idea how to message this person... If it is a member, i click on the name or the box and we can start a conversation but there is no name to click on and the box does nothing so I cannot for the life of me figure out how to PM this person to inform them that I am being compliant and that I edited my signature line as instructed. So now I need to notify this person somehow????

Any help would be appreciated....

anyone else have this experience? I only added the "PM for referral information" comment to my signature line based on what others were doing also but it seems that they may be asking everyone to take it out... I still see a few people that have it but it does seem to be fewer people than I remember....

thanks everyone

Reactions: Buster1
Great to see another UAE Tesla owner. We're growing every day. Take the checklist that Bonnie linked with you for the delivery. I had it when I was getting my car, and everything checked out. 11 months and 22000km of pure bliss :)

Just curious ATC@LWSK, does Tesla have service centers and superchargers in the UAE? Does autopilot on Tesla vehicles work well there?

Quite a few who have qualified for at least a 10% discount - and that list is not everyone, only those who have added their codes.

It’s not everyone, but it is made from a script that first searches Google for codes, then Twitter. After this it goes through the Tesla app and check every city of every country to get the top 5 referrers (that’s what the app shows). If a city has many referrers over 5 (like Oslo), some can be left out. But hopefully I managed to get the most of them :)

Any downside or upside of providing my referral code to Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program
???

I’m biased as it is my site, but I don’t think there is any downside. I do not show the actual codes. This is against Tesla policy. I only show the first name (as the app does). It’s only made for fun

There is a lot of codes in there already. I only show the ones with 5 referrals and above. If you want to see everyone you can use this link: Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program

4283 registered referral links.

earlier today i made a joke about cyber Monday and referral codes...

i guess it did not go over well with the forum and they took it down.. I assume they thought it was solicitation... I have ZERO problem with that and i totally get it and i am happy to abide by the rules... Perhaps my humor did not sit well with the forum. However they also asked me to remove the part of my signature that says people can PM me if they want to learn about referral codes...again happy to do that and follow the rules...assuming they are holding everyone to this same standard.

What i am struggling with and what I need help with is that the notification i got asked me to PM them when I took down my "Link" which was not really a link at all but I have no idea how to message this person... If it is a member, i click on the name or the box and we can start a conversation but there is no name to click on and the box does nothing so I cannot for the life of me figure out how to PM this person to inform them that I am being compliant and that I edited my signature line as instructed. So now I need to notify this person somehow????

Any help would be appreciated....

anyone else have this experience? I only added the "PM for referral information" comment to my signature line based on what others were doing also but it seems that they may be asking everyone to take it out... I still see a few people that have it but it does seem to be fewer people than I remember....

thanks everyone

It almost looks like they are making a "club" where the one that where here from the "beginning" can do whatever they want, but new members cannot. They really have to realise that the forums will be nothing without their users. I have an inventory site and it is very popular in Norway. Even Tesla Norway use it. I change it and made cars available from US, Australia, Canadia, New Zealand and some European countries and told people about it here on the forum. I then received a PM that told me to stop. This was not allowed. Even though the treads I was posting in was about inventory cars. I don't mind this and everyone cannot post links to everything all the time, but if it's relevant it should be allowed. And as long as they have signatures that are restricted to 1 link and three lines (is it three?) there should be no problem, imho.

anyone else have any experience with ordering a radio flyer... do you think it is too late to get before xmas?
Ordered the radio flyer mid August, received three emails since then:

1. It’ll receive the refreshed fascia

2. It’ll receive the upgraded battery

3. It’ll deliver sometime in December in time for Christmas.

Yet to receive it but as long as it comes before Christmas, I’m happy.

Hi all, long shot here...

I got my first referral award. A nice red kids Tesla. This was just before the new terms and conditions made the awards change.
As I do not have kids, I decided to give it away to a good cause in my local area. I did not charge anything for it.

Now that the prizes have changed, I am looking to see if anyone would be willing to gift me (or sell at a reasonable price) a non-US black wall connector (I am in Switzerland so euro spec charge port). I would imagine that if you have not taken delivery of it in the US, it would probably be ok to transfer it to me and Tesla would send the correct one.
I do not have a wall connector at home and have been making do with the UMC to trickle charge. I don't have the funds to buy a wall charger from Tesla at 530CHF.

Are there any good samaritans out there who are willing to pass on the good fortune of an unwanted / unneeded wall charger?

Many thanks in advance?

I don't think they started to send those charger prizes out yet to claim. I've been waiting since beginning of October, seems like they have the first two referral prizes on hold for now if you received them after Sept 28 revision date?
When the most recent prizes were announced, they said they expected to start shipping the black wall connectors in January 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.