Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is getting very long, but I thought I'd add my query:

Is it usual to have wait over 2 months and still not get a redemption e-mail?

I have two referrals: one received his car on 3 November, the other on 21 November 2017. It's now mid January, and despite several e-mails to Tesla (who tell me everything is fine and dandy) I haven't heard a bean about my rewards. My Tesla app tells me to "Check e-mail for reward", but I haven't received anything.

Is this usual?!
Check spam?

Does the app show the gifts? For me it doest.. and just shows me an error

Yes, it lists two entries, both saying:-

Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kid or Signature Black Wall Connector

- this seems to imply that I should have been sent an e-mail (which I haven't). Trying to clarify this with Tesla is like repeatedly bashing your head against a brick wall. Telephone support reps - don't know anything and refer me to the referrals e-mail. I've tried this at least twice, and each time - after about a 2-3 week delay- I get a response along the lines that things are being processed - but no specifics.

Here is the latest e-mail I received, dated 1 January:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla, Inc. and we hope that this English email suits you well.

With regards to your request we would like to inform that are experiencing a small delay on the delivery of the referral e-mail but in the next few weeks you should most probably receive one from us.

We would like to remind you as well that we appreciate that you chose to drive a Tesla and not only but you also helped us to expand our market to more customer and for this we thank you.

If you have any additional question, please, do not hesitate to contact us back."
See what I mean about being vague? This is pretty much the same as the e-mail I received when I chased them up in December: "in a few weeks you should probably receive an e-mail". In a few weeks? Probably? Come on Tesla, just tell me what's happening for goodness sake!

• Informative
Reactions: Jonas_man
Yes, it lists two entries, both saying:-

Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kid or Signature Black Wall Connector

- this seems to imply that I should have been sent an e-mail (which I haven't). Trying to clarify this with Tesla is like repeatedly bashing your head against a brick wall. Telephone support reps - don't know anything and refer me to the referrals e-mail. I've tried this at least twice, and each time - after about a 2-3 week delay- I get a response along the lines that things are being processed - but no specifics.

Here is the latest e-mail I received, dated 1 January:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla, Inc. and we hope that this English email suits you well.

With regards to your request we would like to inform that are experiencing a small delay on the delivery of the referral e-mail but in the next few weeks you should most probably receive one from us.

We would like to remind you as well that we appreciate that you chose to drive a Tesla and not only but you also helped us to expand our market to more customer and for this we thank you.

If you have any additional question, please, do not hesitate to contact us back."
See what I mean about being vague? This is pretty much the same as the e-mail I received when I chased them up in December: "in a few weeks you should probably receive an e-mail". In a few weeks? Probably? Come on Tesla, just tell me what's happening for goodness sake!
I got my emails quickly, i even lost it on the mailbox for a month and then searched Tesla and found it there with a powerwall waiting for me.

Im also waiting for a response from the referral program or tesla sales person.
I will need a CHAdeMO adaptor in 30 days. I hope i can sort this out in less than that!

Finally got a response to an email I sent on 12/26 asking about my 3rd referral prize since I hadn’t received an email after my 3rd referral took delivery Nov 1st.

“I forwarded this information to have the survey sent out to you for completion. Please allow about a week to receive the email.”

Fingers crossed that I actually get the email this time :confused:

does anyone know if the rumors are true about the end of this round of referral perks....

I heard that the new owners may not be offered free supercharging as an incentive? has anyone else heard the same?

If so someone should be using my remaining referrals before 1/31 LOL...

I've heard no such rumors. Tesla is getting millions of dollars of free advertising from it's free army of referring owners. I can't imagine them terminating the program. "Free Supercharging" doesn't really cost them much (as much as the $1000 discount did). If they don't offer free supercharging, they'll offer something a little different. And the perks are what keeps their free army working.

Reactions: carbonx
Is Tesla ending their referral program? Just got a notification that unlimited super charging is good until Jan 31. Am I missing something?

It's just saying the current phase is ending. They will likely renew it in a different (or same) form after Jan 31st. It's just marketing to motivate people to buy now just in case the free supercharging ends on 1/31.

They spent a lot of time updating the mobile app to provide more referral information. I don't think that was just for one month.

They usually don't talk about the next program until the current one ends. They usually start a new program the day after one ends, but there was one time after the Model S refresh when there was no program for a few months. I suspect there will be no program for a while after the next big change to the Model S/X which is rumored to be coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.