Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say it’s a moral responsibility of the code owner to give a heads up....
No, I think the burden is on Tesla. Otherwise say you give out ten codes to ten people and they all say "I don't know, maybe I'll wait a few months" some of them may not even have given you their info, they just stop and ask about the car at your kid's soccer practice. When number eleven says ok, I'm ready to order. You say what? "Sorry but there is no way to guarantee you'll get the $500 credit"?

No, that burden is on Tesla. They already make the program complicated. It is the least they can do.

Giving out the code I think you should say "hey, take a screen shot of the $500 credit when you order".

This isn't a one in a million chance. It could take more than a day to update. This is going to happen to somebody on April 30th.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankLloydRight
@Mokuzai , could you kindly include the entire email

Sorry for the delay I’ve been road tripping. Here is the full email.

B85382A8-FBA5-47EA-853A-0BF3296E9558.jpeg 326640A5-AAE6-4E57-B413-A01169CC5024.png

Sorry for the delay I’ve been road tripping. Here is the full email.

View attachment 295846 View attachment 295845
Could you edit the attachment to remove her email and phone number (like you did for your own personal info) -- unless she's told you it's okay to share publicly, of course. If someone needs the information, you can always send it to them privately ...

Thanks @Mokuzai for sharing that email you received. Is there anything about it, other than the wrong day/date match: Saturday/april 22nd, that would make you wonder if it's even legitimate information. I would hate to spread wrong information among my friends if it turns out to be "fake news". Though, if indeed the free supercharging offer is going away then it would be a good motivation for a few of them to place their order now.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.