Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were giving credits back in March but the policies changed and I don't believe they offer them anymore. We got credits for some in March and got the other three Powerwalls installed last month. We also had a large solar system installed so that could be why we were able to get the credits.

What was the amount per powerwall given in credit for US buyers?

It used to be $5500 back in March.

I wired the funds minus $5500 x three to Tesla. They are still seeking approval even though they said it was no problem a few months ago. I still want Powerwalls, but will just buy them retail once Tesla actually sells them in Silverthorne, CO.

Even though I posed this question to Tesla through the portal a month ago and reminded them last week, what are the chances I take delivery at 5:00 today?

Would it be smarter to get the credit then if possible?

If you won the original "signed" powerwalls, they aren't (or weren't) allowing people to get credit for those -- those had to be installed. Other powerwalls they were allowing to be converted into credit. Although we've heard they've stopped doing that, but haven't offered any alternatives for people, say who rent or otherwise can't get the PWs installed.

Also, in Reeler's case, taking the 3x credit and then buying PWs retail makes the most sense since the PW credit appears not to be taxable and just counted as a discount, and then I believe the retail PWs could get an FITC credit (not 100% sure of this though).

Even though I posed this question to Tesla through the portal a month ago and reminded them last week, what are the chances I take delivery at 5:00 today?

So you're saying you were already supposed to take delivery today, and today you're throwing this 3xPW referral credit at them, and expect them to figure it out and accept the credit, in a few hours?

I would say very slim.

Yeah, this. I would say asymptotically approaching zero. Getting the sales, finance, and delivery people to all talk to the referral people to get anything done works at a glacial pace (if at all).

• Love
Reactions: KyleDay and MP3Mike
I had warned my Tesla Power rep months ago that I would want credits if the car came before the install was possible. I posted that on my Owner Portal to my delivery advisor last month. Last week, I raised the issue with my Delivery Advisor. They had plenty of warning and if the program weren’t so poorly run, influencers would be more pampered.

I went to my appointment and loaded the Model 3 into my app and gave me keys. When I went to pay, I explained the funds were wired minus the credits and they scrambled to figure out things apparently for the first time. I am told that they will figure it out and deliver the car to my house once they do in the next couple days.

Well, after refusing delivery and elevating things in several ways, I got the final answer. Powerwall credits are not available on the Model 3. Only Model S and X apparently. Bizarre, but I just want my car at this point so gave up.

I did email them with 4 zip codes that I could install my three Powerwalls and asked that they get them installed this year. I am sure my luck will be no better than here where they denied me the credits after verbally saying it was no issue.

I bet they are only installing the Powerwalls with folks that order solar at the same time and probably bury the freebie in their quote somewhere. Has anyone received their Signature Red Powerwall that hasn't bribed them with a solar install at the same time? Unfortunately, my home already has solar and my cabin is at nearly 10K feet in elevation with little sun exposure so solar is silly and would create issues with the snow.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
The Tesla referral program is ridiculously bad.

No one knows whats going on even with executive escalation. Two powerwall just stuck, arachnids that was supposed to be delivered in December, never got there.

need to make a viral youtube video about the failure of the program.

Submit it to the Plug Your Ride weekly podcast... Eddie and Justin are looking for material for their Go Frunk Yourself segment. They have taken Tesla to task for their repair parts fulfillment logistics or lack thereof, isn’t this similar? Send tip to “gofrunkyourself” <at> plugyourride (dot) com

Not Affiliated. Not An Investment Advice.
Your mileage will always vary!

When did Tesla tell you that credits can be applied to S or X?

Well, after refusing delivery and elevating things in several ways, I got the final answer. Powerwall credits are not available on the Model 3. Only Model S and X apparently. Bizarre, but I just want my car at this point so gave up.

I did email them with 4 zip codes that I could install my three Powerwalls and asked that they get them installed this year. I am sure my luck will be no better than here where they denied me the credits after verbally saying it was no issue.

I bet they are only installing the Powerwalls with folks that order solar at the same time and probably bury the freebie in their quote somewhere. Has anyone received their Signature Red Powerwall that hasn't bribed them with a solar install at the same time? Unfortunately, my home already has solar and my cabin is at nearly 10K feet in elevation with little sun exposure so solar is silly and would create issues with the snow.

When did Tesla tell you that credits can be applied to S or X?

It was in the cotext of not allowing me to use them on a Model 3 purchase. I was told by the folks doing my powerwall install that I could use it in credit for a car, but I never probed them too much on that.

Tesla is pushing for a profitable quarter and delivering free stuff or things that get in the way of revenue are unreasonably withheld. I wish they would have gone private because this whipsaw might have ended. This referral program is horrid. Most referrals are going to the buddies of folks working for Tesla now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.