Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty interesting...
Looks like Tesla made an adjustment.
My free miles were at 88,000 two days ago.
I have 3 referrals on order. No deliveries prior to the change in miles. Now 92,000
I haven’t done the math to see if it makes sense but I’m guessing they fixed my issue

60D1EA3C-024C-4E04-BE21-327D93B1AF72.jpeg

Still not correct for my referrals.
18 referrals previous program. (Phase 9?)
31 delivered in current program.
2 on order.

Should be 51 with undelivered orders.
Referral page shows 49
(It had dropped to mid-30’s with recent issue)
Thought they might have stopped counting undelivered referrals.
I had 48 deliveries and it showed 49. A delivery occurred today and it didn’t change.

What’s more perplexing is that the Supercharging miles earned has stopped increasing with deliveries, or is being calculated incorrectly.

It is currently at 76,000 miles.

76,000 is not a possible calculation, mathematically with my 31 deliveries in any combination of 5,000 & 1,000 awards. (Requires an even number of deliveries)
Also, none could have expired yet.

Order Dates for the 31 deliveries are as follows:
13 ordered from May 1-May 28 (13x5,000 = 65,000)
1 ordered May 31 (5,000 or 1,000?)
17 ordered in April,June, July or August (17,000)

So correct total should be either 87,000 or 83,000 depending what the 5/31 order counts as.

Also have 2 referrals that are still undelivered which were ordered May 1st & May 9th

Here’s a subject that I am trying to get an answer on: Tesla Referral program. I just had a friend come over from Germany and I convinced him that he must also get a Tesla. On his return he purchased a new Model 3. I had given him my code, but the sales guy in Germany told him that he does not think international referrals work. Maybe someone out there has thoughts on this?

Here’s a subject that I am trying to get an answer on: Tesla Referral program. I just had a friend come over from Germany and I convinced him that he must also get a Tesla. On his return he purchased a new Model 3. I had given him my code, but the sales guy in Germany told him that he does not think international referrals work. Maybe someone out there has thoughts on this?
They absolutely work internationally. The sales guy in Germany was either uninformed or trying to push someone else's referral code.

• Love
Reactions: ShermanUS

I've had several overseas referrals. Mostly China.

• Love
Reactions: ShermanUS
Here’s a new one. Last March I received an email offering $5,500 in credit because they were not doing Powerwall installs in my area anytime soon. I took the credit on 3/29 and had a year to use it. I contacted the referral team recently to make sure that credit was still in my account and to find out how to get it applied and they told me after looking into it that it showed the credit was used in mid-May and the current balance was $0. I obviously did not use it. Haven’t bought a vehicle, haven’t needed service and didn’t order any parts.

So someone apparently stole my credit. I replied asking that they re-check my account to figure out where the credit was used (if someone used it without me knowing somehow) but knowing how their referral team operates I’m guessing I’m going to get screwed out of $5,500.

If anyone has someone better to contact beyond the normal referral program email account, please send me a PM.

Pretty interesting...
Looks like Tesla made an adjustment.
My free miles were at 88,000 two days ago.
I have 3 referrals on order. No deliveries prior to the change in miles. Now 92,000
I haven’t done the math to see if it makes sense but I’m guessing they fixed my issue

View attachment 513712
I’m guessing I was incorrectly awarded 1,000 miles for a referral that should have earned 5,000 miles and this +4,000 was an adjustment that corrected it. Woohoo!

Reactions: DavidB
Sorry.
Oops that was a typo.
Installed in October 2019
I did have to complete a text document of some sort in the process I believe it was a W9.
Tried desperately to get someone to provide me with the value for tax purposes with no success.
If I do get a 1099, I will post here.

Did a 1099 ever come? Wondering what the tax hit would be for a set of 22 inch model x wheels. Determine whether to keep them and put them on when my tires need replacing or to sell the kit.

There has never been a 1099 for any other referral awards because Tesla never collected W-9s from those award winners (wheels, mini Model Ss, jackets, luggage, etc). That does not mean you shouldn't report the Fair Market Value of those awards on your taxes as award income (I believe there's a specific line for award income).

But the PW2 awards are different because Tesla did collect W-9s from those award winners obestibly to send out 1099s.

:) Happy to discover that Free Miles are very generously extrapolated into kWh when consumed.
Used up some free Supercharger miles on Friday.
Just drove ~1,100 miles from Palm Desert, CA to Southwest WA straight through in our 2018 Model 3 LR RWD.
Several Superchargers along the way.
According to my account history, I now have 36,323 kWh remaining.
My loot box shows 90,808 miles remaining.
That’s s 2.5 miles Per kWh. (90,808/36,323)
On lifetime average, our Model 3 goes 3.83+ miles per kWh and our 2018 Model S 100D gets 3.15+ miles per kWh. I’m assuming Tesla went with the worst case configuration. (Original Performance Model X?)
88FF022C-DC2F-4138-8FE9-907B1749A61F.jpeg
4D66F433-A18C-4E9C-89C1-1D9B11D1E576.jpeg

Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.