Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

rfisher24911

Jan 8, 2021
United Kingdom
The "wave shape" is showing what areas are in day and where it's night, i.e. what areas are in sunlight right now. So, it will be covering different areas depending on the time of day that the picture is taken. ;)

So to piece the total together. Ideally need three totally isolated views where only the U.S. then Europe then Asia are in day time. Not sure how feasible that is to get hold of.

So to piece the total together. Ideally need three totally isolated views where only the U.S. then Europe then Asia are in day time. Not sure how feasible that is to get hold of.

I read the info as total kWh delivered. The day time/ night time wave has no bearing on the amount of electricity delivered. Simply a representation of the moving day.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver and Rocky_H

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
COVID? For a large part of 2020, people were not travelling.
I thought the numbers at the bottom of the screen were cumulative since the beginning of the SC network. We need someone to snap a recent (2021) photo of the chart so we can start to get some comparisons.

At the same time, it wouldn't shock me if those numbers were all rough approximations not based on actual hard data. Just go up a certain arbitrary amount each day based on the total number of cars sold.

A pair of people on the east and west coast need to coordinate and snap a pic at the same time on the same day and compare the data.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
I thought the numbers at the bottom of the screen were cumulative since the beginning of the SC network. We need someone to snap a recent (2021) photo of the chart so we can start to get some comparisons.

At the same time, it wouldn't shock me if those numbers were all rough approximations not based on actual hard data. Just go up a certain arbitrary amount each day based on the total number of cars sold.

A pair of people on the east and west coast need to coordinate and snap a pic at the same time on the same day and compare the data.
Well, they either can't be real numbers, the screen/data wasn't working correctly in one of the instances recently shown, or they aren't truly cumulative because the total kWh delivered went down between 2018 and 2020 (the two instances shown just up thread). In July of 2018 it was showing 405,590,576 kWh delivered. And in November 2020 it was showing 370,414,217 kWh delivered.

I will say that in the picture from November 2020, the map is a bit more than a year out of date. Just looking at North America, it lists about 300 too few supercharger locations (comparing to the numbers from Supercharge.info's charts for NA locations open around Thanksgiving 2020). You can see that the map doesn't have the TransCanadian Highway locations--which opened at the end of 2019--or the ones across North Dakota--which opened in late spring or early summer 2020. So, maybe we're just dealing with a messed up database.

rfisher24911

Jan 8, 2021
United Kingdom
I suspect that the metric has changed over time. I believe in 2018 that it was cumulative and probably global. It might be a stretch but i'd say it then goes to year to date data, potentially just for the chargers shown. Is anyone on good terms with a Tesla store/service site representative who might be able to shed some light on it?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC