Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading Standards & Park Assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One by one their USPs are disappearing. Shame to see a company and its culture decline so quickly in the pursuit of short term profit.
Great brands are made after the sale. Tesla aren’t interested in building a rock solid brand, just cash grabs and spouting stock manipulating BS.

All this nonsense just really shows the culture over there. The whole infatuation with their own farts, Elon knows best, software obsessed, impervious to reality, car and driver UNfocused and utter contempt for customers.

I would say shittiest EVER, in my experience.

Alfa/Fiat in a Guildford are right up there too with shittiest ever experience.

With Tesla, it’s very much down to if/who you get to speak to. Tesla have some great customer facing staff, but unfortunately they have more faceless members (possibly some even bots) who will undo all the good work of the good ones.

Case in point, on more than one occasion I have had a great interaction with a member of service and agreed on what was needing to be done, only for push come to shove and some faceless person overturn the decision. Eg rear lights dripping internally and agree in writing that lights needing to be changed only later to have work carried out in middle of heatwave, not a drop in sight and work refused as they couldn’t see the issue. Original member of staff still on furlough so couldn’t turn to them.

• Informative
Reactions: CWT3LR and Ratch
Great brands are made after the sale. Tesla aren’t interested in building a rock solid brand, just cash grabs and spouting stock manipulating BS.

All this nonsense just really shows the culture over there. The whole infatuation with their own farts, Elon knows best, software obsessed, impervious to reality, car and driver UNfocused and utter contempt for customers.
It's been the same since Model 3 was announced in March 2016, feel free to look back in this forum as its been a common complaint all the way through. This absolutely isn't the first time we've had issues that people feel hard done by, from memory there's been at least

• Taking £1000 deposits in 2016 then giving no guidance at all when the first cars would arrive until 2019
  • Cancelling the LR Model 3 before starting to deliver them
  • What seemed like a very random process of delivering Model 3s to the huge waiting list in 2019
  • Removed features like Automatic Garage Door Openers
  • Changes to AP to comply with EU regs that made it far harder to change lanes
  • Charging for premium connectivity when cars were sold with unlimited
  • People just missing out on the refreshed interior/heat pump
  • People got upset about rear heat seaters in the Standard range but I can't remember why
  • Many changes to the battery pack that effected range, charge speeds, and performance without notice
  • People got upset about the old rear lights having less rear view
  • People were apoplectic about the UI change, especially the speedo size
  • When they changed service so you couldn't phone up and speak to someone
  • Missing predicted delivery dates by over 6 months
  • Forcing on auto-wipers with autopilot
  • Encouraging people to buy cars in December just before a price reduction

The company strategy is to build the car they want on their terms and change it on their terms. The result is a product that's remained better than anything else, (we all agree because we bought it in the first place).

Bad news is there isn't a sniveling dealer network that will use their margin to ply you with freebies if you aren't 100% happy.

I do absolutely agree that this USS thing isn't really acceptable, but it absolutely is typical Tesla, completely in character. I wish people luck if they really are going to go through with a claim against Tesla, I doubt they will be successful, but it will be interesting to hear about the results. There is no point in moaning here though, or making yourself mad, it's never really achieved anything before.

Last edited by a moderator:
an iPhone that can’t make calls,
I don’t disagree Tesla could handle this better but this point you made ^, I think is an excellent example but I’m on the opposite side.

I would rather go 6-12 months without being able to make phone calls on my iPhone than buy an Android device or any other brand. And phone calls are way more crucial to a phone than USS to a car.

Tesla is in that same tier as Apple for a lot of people in regards to their product experience.

I am awaiting delivery of a MYLR in the next couple months. Out of curiosity on this subject, I chatted with an advisor on the Tesla website. I asked when Park Assist is expected to be restored to camera-only vehicles. I was told that "there isn't current timeframe as to when or if that will be back." Hearing that is discouraging given that the Tesla website had said that the feature is "coming soon" to camera-only vehicles. I was wondering if Park Assist would be available by the time I get my car. Now I have doubts as to if it will ever be available. For those who purchased EAP, I wonder if AutoPark or Summon will ever be available.

• Informative
Reactions: Ratch and CWT3LR
I am awaiting delivery of a MYLR in the next couple months. Out of curiosity on this subject, I chatted with an advisor on the Tesla website. I asked when Park Assist is expected to be restored to camera-only vehicles. I was told that "there isn't current timeframe as to when or if that will be back." Hearing that is discouraging given that the Tesla website had said that the feature is "coming soon" to camera-only vehicles. I was wondering if Park Assist would be available by the time I get my car. Now I have doubts as to if it will ever be available. For those who purchased EAP, I wonder if AutoPark or Summon will ever be available.
Objection! Asked and answered....

• Funny
Reactions: Ratch
There’s no moaning and nobody is ‘mad.’ Maybe re-read the first post 🥱
This post is full of moan and put downs with no sense of keeping any decorum for online posts. @GRiLLA has contributed so much on this forum and doesn’t deserve some random comments that make valued members not wanting to say anything leaving these sort of childish posts to exist. I feel personal decisions of unhappiness with a car for whatever reasons need to be handled with the car company than spouting some venomous attack on people who really contribute meaningfully to this amazing forum.

Reactions: WyoDude and Js1977
This post is full of moan and put downs with no sense of keeping any decorum for online posts. @GRiLLA has contributed so much on this forum and doesn’t deserve some random comments that make valued members not wanting to say anything leaving these sort of childish posts to exist. I feel personal decisions of unhappiness with a car for whatever reasons need to be handled with the car company than spouting some venomous attack on people who really contribute meaningfully to this amazing forum.
As have I.

This thread is about seeing how Tesla will respond to formal challenge under UK consumer law. Stop cheerleading and try making a relevant contribution, rather than add more unnecessary drama.

Reactions: CWT3LR
This thread is about seeing how Tesla will respond to formal challenge under UK consumer law. Stop cheerleading and try making a relevant contribution, rather than add more unnecessary drama.
Realistically, I very much doubt any kind of "formal challenge" has any legs at all & would be nullified by the wording in the contract everyone signs when they buy a Tesla. Large companies are very careful when wording their contracts & it would take something a lot more severe than the argument there is no parking assistance in the current iteration of cars. They could probably argue the reversing camera acts as assistance. I don't believe "parking assistance" is fully defined anywhere in the lierature is it?

Whilst it's annoying that some functionality has been removed if someone is just about to take delivery of a new M3/MY without USS, I believe the manual has been updated and customers have been asked to specifically agree they know about the change, have they not? (I don't recall the details, I saw it in a post on the forum somewhere)

Reactions: boombap and spdpsba
Realistically, I very much doubt any kind of "formal challenge" has any legs at all & would be nullified by the wording in the contract everyone signs when they buy a Tesla. Large companies are very careful when wording their contracts & it would take something a lot more severe than the argument there is no parking assistance in the current iteration of cars. They could probably argue the reversing camera acts as assistance. I don't believe "parking assistance" is fully defined anywhere in the lierature is it?

Whilst it's annoying that some functionality has been removed if someone is just about to take delivery of a new M3/MY without USS, I believe the manual has been updated and customers have been asked to specifically agree they know about the change, have they not? (I don't recall the details, I saw it in a post on the forum somewhere)
It would appear the best advice to anyone looking at cars, and requires any form of assistance parking, is to scrub Tesla from their list for the foreseeable future.

Edited to add: and that applies to second hand cars with current USS.

Realistically, I very much doubt any kind of "formal challenge" has any legs at all & would be nullified by the wording in the contract everyone signs when they buy a Tesla.

I’m not so sure. As stated before, this is now about them having an open-ended delivery date on a USS replacement system which they are contractually obliged to deliver - a feature they STILL offer and market.

There must be a time limit for such things and I believe Trading Standards will have an opinion on that.

If it takes HW4 (meaning more processing power and more / better cameras and radar) to deliver that then this is clearly an issue for existing owners.

Now, of course I can get by without parking sensors and I never ever use park assist - but that’s not the point, which is something a few people on here struggle to grasp.

Last edited:
Reactions: zag164 and CWT3LR
Status
Not open for further replies.