Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that by the junction at AM Phillip Trucktech? I always get it both ways there at the junction- both just a few metres after passing the junction N or S bound there is a “hesitation “ and I lose about 10mph and then it picks up again.

I presumed it was a mapping problem.
Yes, Exactly there.. but I only get it Southbound. I just keep my foot on the accelerator anticipating it now. I preumed it was the change in road surface.

Last edited:
Very high pressure over the UK at the moment, often sufficient to knock out DAB.
Good shout. I didn't think DAB would be affected.
These high pressure anomalous propogation (anoprop) conditions used to be good for watching French, Belgian and Russian TV in the days of VHF TV. In the days of primary radar we used to be able to see the Brents and other East Shetland basin oil rigs from just south of Peterhead, about 200 miles away.
The CB guys will be having a ball, my dad used to chat to Brazil from Shetland when the conditions were right.

Reactions: Burley
And I still get phantom braking just outside Dundee heading south on the A90 just about the Gallowfauld burn. That's the only place I consistently get it. It doesn't seem to matter what weather or road conditions.

Is that by the junction at AM Phillip Trucktech? I always get it both ways there at the junction- both just a few metres after passing the junction N or S bound there is a “hesitation “ and I lose about 10mph and then it picks up again.

I presumed it was a mapping problem.

Yes, Exactly there.. but I only get it Southbound. I just keep my foot on the accelerator anticipating it now. I preumed it was the change in road surface.

May be worth checking OpenStreetMap browser. I'm not saying that may speed data is sourced from OSM, but there is often a pretty good correlation when things are not quite as you expect...

Give infrastructure/roads a go. Then click on the road and show details... also check across multiple lanes/slips

Reactions: Overworked
I've been up and down the road a few times recently and IIRC only had it slow North bound once or twice. I did have one South bound slow down, but there was a BMW sitting at the junction waiting to cross that might have spooked the car. Pretty certain that was the only South bound issue I had. If due to road surface then lighting conditions may have played a part.

Back up on Sunday and down again on Monday, so will take note.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Is there any way of getting the total kWh used and lifetime average watts per mile to show on the trip card?
In the main Trips screen you can select which trips are showing on the small card. You can show up to four items - you can rename them by pressing on the names too. You’ll only get lifetime readings if you’ve left a trip meter un-reset.
B0BC9443-C97E-451D-9038-45CB9CE25B34.jpeg

Reactions: debrooker
I've been up and down the road a few times recently and IIRC only had it slow North bound once or twice. I did have one South bound slow down, but there was a BMW sitting at the junction waiting to cross that might have spooked the car. Pretty certain that was the only South bound issue I had. If due to road surface then lighting conditions may have played a part.

Back up on Sunday and down again on Monday, so will take note.
I live near Brechin and have had the same problem from new with the car, at the same point, day and night , both ways every time!

If the car is from Shanghai, this could also be the reason.
Possible SW/HW mismatch. Not sufficient testing before the update release.

After a total of 420 miles on Tuesday (on 23.2.12), I feel that auto wipers and high beams are good enough now (day and night light rain)

So I'm looking forward to the matrix starting to become active in 4 years and being fit for purpose in 5
(now that vehicle light detection works it is a trivial exercise to assume which parts of the array need to be deactivated and throw an AI at it to refine on a per vehicle. The only thing lacking is Musky's will to prioritise)

In the main Trips screen you can select which trips are showing on the small card. You can show up to four items - you can rename them by pressing on the names too. You’ll only get lifetime readings if you’ve left a trip meter un-reset.
View attachment 912516
I actually had a lifetime trip set on trip B, but the update reset it and trip A to zero.
I was hoping there is some way to get it back?

First drive today on 2023.2.x - as passenger. Updated from 2022.28.x.

Very rarely ever have collision avoidance warnings but got 2 (?) today. One for a cyclist who was a significant distance ahead and no chance of collision unless they had turned in front of us. Section of road was quite windy though. Cyclist highlighted in red. Next was dual carriage way when same warning sound went off but no visual indicator/message of what caused it - and nothing obvious in road either. So that one remains an ear piercing mystery.

Passenger seat heater on auto - noticed it on for most of the journey (~hour each way) but briefly turn itself off then back on a couple of times. Normally auto heats for a few minutes then stays off which worked well - certainly no
need for extended periods of seat heat today. Next time it behaves like this it will be reverted to manual control which would be a shame as auto use to work well for me.

Noticed more pedestrian icons (possibly 4/5 or more) at side of road but that was probably because pavements were busy with rugby crowds or high viz coats. Not noticed similar number before with busy shopping crowds - don’t think I have ever seen more than a couple.

Wipers all good though so they must be fixed ;)

Some more motorway miles on AP/NoA today. First interesting behaviour I discovered was when driving along the A3 through Guildford the car went from 70 to 50mph max before we arrived at the 50 sign, meaning we’d slowed down to 50 by the time we arrived at the 50 limit. The speed limit indicator showed 70 until we passed the 50 sign, so it didn’t appear to be a map error. Possible implementation of slow down by the time you arrive at a speed limit, rather than once you’ve passed it?

Unfortunately, a few minutes later I had a fairly hefty phantom braking event. No idea why. Passing another car in lane 1, but nothing obvious to cause the car to poo a brick. 🤷‍♂️

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
I drove 630 miles over Friday night down to Bournemouth. Generally fairly good apart from the wipers on a dry windscreen, but that could have been a buildup of salt dust from the road. The headlights performed reasonably well but still need you to be on the ball as the don't recognise the small white lights on the top of a trucks cab as a vehicle.. they've got a bit to go there.
The most concerning thing was the unintended motorway departures. 2 bad incidents and a few smaller ones. Especially where the exit slip is on a bend to the right. On the M74 AP took the exit rather than continuing on and phantom braked hard. I'm sure we were over the exit white lines before I got the chance to disengage AP. It happens ay other junctions but that's just a hesitation as if it can't make up its mind, but this was a full blown exit at 65mph. On dip I may add. Just proving you can't relax with AP engaged.

I drove 630 miles over Friday night down to Bournemouth. Generally fairly good apart from the wipers on a dry windscreen, but that could have been a buildup of salt dust from the road. The headlights performed reasonably well but still need you to be on the ball as the don't recognise the small white lights on the top of a trucks cab as a vehicle.. they've got a bit to go there.
The most concerning thing was the unintended motorway departures. 2 bad incidents and a few smaller ones. Especially where the exit slip is on a bend to the right. On the M74 AP took the exit rather than continuing on and phantom braked hard. I'm sure we were over the exit white lines before I got the chance to disengage AP. It happens ay other junctions but that's just a hesitation as if it can't make up its mind, but this was a full blown exit at 65mph. On dip I may add. Just proving you can't relax with AP engaged.
Did you do that in one go, Chris? Too far for me - we go to Poole 3 or 4 times a year to get the ferry to Guernsey to visit one of our sons. Luckily we can overnight at Sue’s dads place in Preston to make the trip easier for an old man like me!

Did you do that in one go, Chris? Too far for me - we go to Poole 3 or 4 times a year to get the ferry to Guernsey to visit one of our sons. Luckily we can overnight at Sue’s dads place in Preston to make the trip easier for an old man like me!
It is easier, I slept 6 hrs beforehand. There's no traffic, less trucks and wide open superchargers.. (Abington, Tebay, Hopwood Park, Winchester) I noticed the car chose the cheapest superchargers, that's a change I think.... Closed motorways led to a couple of detours and the work on Castle Lane, Bournemouth took an extra 15 min or so for the last 3/4 of a mile .. gridlock all around.

It is easier, I slept 6 hrs beforehand. There's no traffic, less trucks and wide open superchargers.. (Abington, Tebay, Hopwood Park, Winchester) I noticed the car chose the cheapest superchargers, that's a change I think.... Closed motorways led to a couple of detours and the work on Castle Lane, Bournemouth took an extra 15 min or so for the last 3/4 of a mile .. gridlock all around.
I observed the cheaper SuC selection earlier in the week.
No idea if that's new

Nice to know you don't have to sit in the car for half an hour going through all the superchargers on/near your route noting prlces and times any more. One more step forward.
I also heard on the Imvestor day that the car will report back which supercharger you have planned to, how long your stay will be and offer a reroute if that charger is busy..this will be a game changer for those that have to travel at busy periods, especially as more supercharging stations are rolled out. Car to car communication is the way to avoid these queues.

... On the M74 AP took the exit rather than continuing on and phantom braked hard. I'm sure we were over the exit white lines before I got the chance to disengage AP. It happens ay other junctions but that's just a hesitation as if it can't make up its mind, but this was a full blown exit at 65mph. ...
I think I know which one, as my M3 when on AP or NoA tries to dive off at that exit junction every time day or night. Scared the bejasus out of me the first time as it was a very violent jerk to the left!

Reactions: exlatccatsa