Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I signed into the Disney app and even played a couple of minutes of a video to "use" it. Does this mean that when I get the update will I still have the App?
Everyone still has the app I think, it’s just removed from the THEATRE section, and I believe IF one has used it recently, logged in, etc. It could still be IN the Theatre section.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
They have to funnel bandwidth. They can’t unleash Millions of downloads at one time or we would have a separate forum thread discussing the 5 hour download delay or server down complaints. It’s a holiday gift, in January after holidays people can complain.

You are thinking of the other car forums. No complainers here.

Just received 44.1.

No change to FSD on highway capability (although still wants to change lanes more than I prefer) and local driving still has significant flaws (moves into turn lanes that doesn't align with the route, moves into turn lanes to take you into a shopping center before the prescribed turn at a light, etc.).

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
With parking skills like this, I guess I can see why people think parking assist is an improvement!

I wonder if it is true you have to be moving 1-2mph to get the high-fidelity as the comments suggested.

Very painful to watch. For mysterious reasons, it was not possible with ample preparation time from the far side of the lane to make it into this spot in a single maneuver.

he never shares what his parking job actually looks like
It seems pretty clear without looking at the screen that he is crooked pointed right and positioned to the left. And I’m talking about the parking.

Last edited:
With parking skills like this, I guess I can see why people think parking assist is an improvement!

I wonder if it is true you have to be moving 1-2mph to get the high-fidelity as the comments suggested.

Very painful to watch. For mysterious reasons, it was not possible with ample preparation time from the far side of the lane to make it into this spot in a single maneuver.

It seems pretty clear without looking at the screen that he is crooked pointed right and positioned to the left. And I’m talking about the parking.
Yea, no chance I could have the patience to wait for that nonsense to play out. It's as if we are all being punked with this garbage.

Yea, no chance I could have the patience to wait for that nonsense to play out. It's as if we are all being punked with this garbage.
If I understand correctly the human is driving? Have not really been following. The extremely slow and poor nature of the driving and no indication of auto park makes me conclude (again, not paying attention) that Park Assist does no driving.

So nothing to be patient with really. Just park the car. Don’t hit anything. Not that hard in most cases. In cases where it IS hard, definitely DO NOT use Autopark or Park Assist (dramatically increases risk)!

If I understand correctly the human is driving? Have not really been following. The extremely slow and poor nature of the driving and no indication of auto park makes me conclude (again, not paying attention) that Park Assist does no driving.

So nothing to be patient with really. Just park the car. Don’t hit anything. Not that hard in most cases. In cases where it IS hard, definitely DO NOT use Autopark or Park Assist (dramatically increases risk)!
In this case, the human is behind the wheel prepared to step on the brake if they determine something is about to be hit and then take over finishing the task. The human is not doing anything else. (At least that is how it is now with my USS vehicle which is just as terrible as this is, but the screen isn't as detailed.)

In this case, the human is behind the wheel prepared to step on the brake if they determine something is about to be hit and then take over finishing the task. The human is not doing anything else. (At least that is how it is now with my USS vehicle which is just as terrible as this is, but the screen isn't as detailed.)
No, I checked. This is fully manual parking. The vehicle is doing nothing; it is there only for legal reasons; this is how Park Assist works.

Last edited:
  • Informative
With the camera preferred to always be on, why does the camera turn off after exiting Reverse still!!!! It makes no sense. Especially when parking or having to reverse a bit to then enter a road. Let alone being aware of objects behind you BEFORE you are reversing. Why do I need navigation or entertainment when I'm parking or exiting a parking spot into oncoming traffic?

If the camera was on, and you went into reverse, and back to Drive, the camera stayed active. THis changed in the last year and allways thought it was a "Bug". But it seems to be deliberate and I can't stand it. I'm constantly looking down to turn the camera back on when it should just stay on like I want it too!

No, I checked. This is fully manual parking. The vehicle is doing nothing; it is there only for legal reasons; this is how Park Assist works.

I'm totally confused. Did someone post a video of themselves doing a friggin terrible parking job? Why?

I assumed the video was to illustrate the current state of Park Assist (or Autopark and TIL they are considered two different things, thanks to tesla's genius at naming features.)

So, for cars WITH USS, what exactly is one getting? Is there anything there for 3D, park assist, new camera visualizations?
No High Fidelity Park Assist for vehicles with USS. But you get all of the other holiday updates that apply to your vehicle.

I'm assuming because at this time USS is more accurate than the new visualizations, though I think a mix would be great, as USS can't see low objects like curbs.