Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. You've told me and others that our opinions have no basis because we haven't owned the car as long. Some have owned it longer than you. When I pointed out Marcus Brownlee's review after a year, you discounted that as saying he has 18 million followers so that doesn't make him an expert. Which is true but that's not the point.

There are many people who don't agree with your assessment that the yoke and/or the capacitive buttons and the horn placement are an issue for them. Not you. You love it and that's great. I hope they offer the yoke with no physical buttons or anything you dislike. I'd like them to make the round steering wheel closer to what they had for almost 14 years. Get it now?
The crazy thing is that even Tea realizes it's not good. They put it back on the airbag with the CT and the Highland.

It's the biggest complaint of the yoke and why Elon said they would address it, but never did.

The crazy thing is that even Tea realizes it's not good. They put it back on the airbag with the CT and the Highland.

It's the biggest complaint of the yoke and why Elon said they would address it, but never did.
Agree. I think the yoke and then the horn/capacitive buttons/lack of turn signal/gear stalk are two separate issues. The yoke with center horn and turn stalk wouldn't be that bad (for me at least). It still should have turn by wire like the Cybertruck though to have a yoke.

Agree. I think the yoke and then the horn/capacitive buttons/lack of turn signal/gear stalk are two separate issues. The yoke with center horn and turn stalk wouldn't be that bad (for me at least). It still should have turn by wire like the Cybertruck though to have a yoke.
That would be my preferred set up as well. Elon fabricates stuff to hide his true objective on things like this, USS and Radar removal, etc - that likely objective being to reduce manufacturing cost, while increasing margin.

You're right! I'm just misreading your exact words.
View attachment 1000445
View attachment 1000446
Because I said I find your assessment troubling somehow says I said your opinion is wrong? Again, many can have an opinion. Just because I don’t agree with yours doesn’t mean anyone is wrong. This is not a debate one needs to “win” simply a difference of opinion. Hammering your point on a public forum doesn’t make your opinion any greater than mine. Easy enough?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Because I said I find your assessment troubling somehow says I said your opinion is wrong? Again, many can have an opinion. Just because I don’t agree with yours doesn’t mean anyone is wrong. This is not a debate one needs to “win” simply a difference of opinion. Hammering your point on a public forum doesn’t make your opinion any greater than mine. Easy enough?
"Troubling" is a very odd word to use then. I said I had driven the car before with that setup but my experience wasn't valid enough. You were troubled a moderator of all people had a different opinion! Very troubling indeed.

I never said it was something to 'win'. Just that you never seem to understand not everyone agrees with you that the current setup is good or indeed safe for everyone. Because you only use the horn once a year so everyone else must be an angry cab driver or a bad driver you said, right?

I've said multiple times I and many others simply don't like the capacitive buttons and the horn placement which you've dismissed as not a valid opinion. Stop trying to revise history here. I don't care if you like or dislike the old setup. A lot of people do, ok?

"Troubling" is a very odd word to use then. I said I had driven the car before with that setup but my experience wasn't valid enough. You were troubled a moderator of all people had a different opinion! Very troubling indeed.

I never said it was something to 'win'. Just that you never seem to understand not everyone agrees with you that the current setup is good or indeed safe for everyone. Because you only use the horn once a year so everyone else must be an angry cab driver or a bad driver you said, right?

I've said multiple times I and many others simply don't like the capacitive buttons and the horn placement which you've dismissed as not a valid opinion. Stop trying to revise history here. I don't care if you like or dislike the old setup. A lot of people do, ok?

Time you spent crafting this will be time you never will get back.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and dsm363
Time you spent crafting this will be time you never will get back.
I won't speak for the OP, but I note you've called me out before for longish posts - so I ask you , how many of hundreds or thousands of "it's junk" posts do you trade, in your mind and in your time-spent calculation, for a few thoughtful paragraphs, a few times a week?

And before you open the flame valve, :cool: remember that I've defended you and your right to clutter up the board with those incessant Junk reminders and all your other "vibes". They may not be very intellectually crafted, but I'll admit they help keep me intellectually grounded.

Almost every FSD thread this weekend has gotten far away from the news and analysis and potential fun of FSD developments, and that's not because of too many "fanboy" posts. One actually has to be pretty brave here to say anything good about it these days. My opinion.

Now where's my download?

I won't speak for the OP, but I note you've called me out before for longish posts - so I ask you , how many of hundreds or thousands of "it's junk" posts do you trade, in your mind and in your time-spent calculation, for a few thoughtful paragraphs, a few times a week?

And before you open the flame valve, :cool: remember that I've defended you and your right to clutter up the board with those incessant Junk reminders and all your other "vibes". They may not be very intellectually crafted, but I'll admit they help keep me intellectually grounded.

Almost every FSD thread this weekend has gotten far away from the news and analysis and potential fun of FSD developments, and that's not because of too many "fanboy" posts. One actually has to be pretty brave here to say anything good about it these days. My opinion.

Now where's my download?

🔥🔥🔥
Re FSD beta - to be frank, most here would say there is not much good to say about FSDj (j for junk) lately. 11.4.x.x series is widely viewed by membership as garbage, it even brought us dry wipes and inop wipers in the rain. Like it if you must, as you are entitled to your own opinion ❤️‍🔥

Last edited:
How many threads have devolved into this same horn discussion?

Anyone heard any V12 news lately? It's been awfully quiet with no reports of new versions going to employees.
Yes, news on v12 has gone down considerably. Definately not part of the “2023 Holiday update”. Given Elon’s time dilation affliction, perhaps we will see it in the “2024 holiday update”?

How many threads have devolved into this same horn discussion?

Anyone heard any V12 news lately? It's been awfully quiet with no reports of new versions going to employees.
Does seem to have gone silent. Granted I didn’t expect any version of V12 roll out for the holiday release I can’t imagine the recall update helped with any time lines. The token holiday updates look generally interesting and some of value for sure. If we see V12 by April I will be shocked. Especially for HW4 owners.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I have a 2020 MS LR+ and I just can’t help but feel a little sad and disappointed about what I get for the Christmas update… which is almost nothing… no 3d park assist because I have USS… don’t have a rear screen so that upgrade won’t work for me. Car doesn’t play a lock sound so won’t get that. No live video on this model so won’t get camera view upgrades… seems all I get is podcasts(I never listen to podcasts), auto-911(useful but probably will never need), and trip planning from phone(probably the only item I’ll use but hardly anything to be excited about). 😢

Last edited:
Posted in the FSD Beta thread but more apropos here.

This holiday update is a wacky implementation. In the past the update was always xx.44.25.x and only contained the "goodies" and "presents" and no driving/safety changes. This way the update was sent to all about the same time. Now we have a xx.44.30.x "Frankenstein" Holiday Update + NHTSA safety recall + some FSD Beta changes = SLOW rollout with multiple starts/stops/version updates.

So this year it looks like instead of all getting about the same time right before X-Mass it is spread out and if the normal SLOOOOOOOW rollout happens it could be in Jan before most of us get it.

What a weird Holiday update.

No-USS 2023 Model Y owner here. Tried the Holiday Update (park assist update) this morning.

PROS: it's better than what we had.

CONS: it now only shows 3D representation with yellow/orange/reddish glow on objects it thinks you will hit, and adds "STOP" when you are close. There are no distance measurements anymore. (They were terrible in the previous no-USS park assist, but this is where USS cars still vastly outperform no-USS cars).

Therefore, I'm still jittery when inching close to an object, especially forwards. I tried approaching a parked car and stopping when it said STOP, got out, took a measurement: +50centimeters left.

USS cars generally only tell you to "STOP" 20 cm away. It'll still be difficult to park in tight spots with this.

Also, the old problem of curbs still exists: when I'm reverse S-parking between two parked cars (cars parked in a line behind each other, as is usual over here), the park assist beeps all over the place warning me for the curb, thus not helping with the question if I'm at risk of hitting the car behind or in front of me.

Lastly I had an instance where it didn't show poles I was manoeuvering towards (backwards) since it was outside and it was dark (no street lights), only the lights from my car. It might seem obvious that in low light conditions the car cannot see properly, but again this is an issue that USS doesn't have.

TL;DR: I'm still so very skeptical of the (to be released) Autopark. I'm quite sure it'll only work for very large parking spaces which is exactly where I don't need it at all.

Last edited: